Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-26-2005   #1
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bush + extra picks

I had a idea were we could still get bush and maybe pick up a few extra picks.
For example the jets and the saints are both looking to pickup Matt Lienart. Correct me if im wrong. For example if the saints have the second pick and the jets have the third pick. We could tell the saints that the jets are offering us their first round pick this year and a second round pick or whatever so they could skip the saints and pick Matt Lienart. We tell the saints if they match the offer we will trade with them. so now we have the second pick in the first round and the first two picks in the second round. Do you think the saints would still pick Lienart (Duece McAlister). If so we could still get Reggie Bush and add more picks.

I think the jets would pick bush so the saints would have to have the second pick for this to work.

Tell me what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #2
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
I had a idea were we could still get bush and maybe pick up a few extra picks.
For example the jets and the saints are both looking to pickup Matt Lienart. Correct me if im wrong. For example if the saints have the second pick and the jets have the third pick. We could tell the saints that the jets are offering us their first round pick this year and a second round pick or whatever so they could skip the saints and pick Matt Lienart. We tell the saints if they match the offer we will trade with them. so now we have the second pick in the first round and the first two picks in the second round. Do you think the saints would still pick Lienart (Duece McAlister). If so we could still get Reggie Bush and add more picks.

I think the jets would pick bush so the saints would have to have the second pick for this to work.

Tell me what you think.

Jets want bush
Old 01-02-2006   #3
jimmy
Rookie

Thumbs up 2006 Draft

One positive thing with the 2005 season, we get the #1 pick in the 2006. The next best thing is to trade the pick for draft choices. You build through the draft and with new coaches, etc.,we should be o.k. Go Texans!!
jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo3883
Jets want bush
and it sounds like Bush would prefer to be in New York or in California, so the draft order situation might work out very well for a trade down for us.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #5
CITY CAT
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
and it sounds like Bush would prefer to be in New York or in California, so the draft order situation might work out very well for a trade down for us.
He likes H-Town and has become very close to Richard Justice (chron writer). Bush is not Eli Manning, he will play wherever he is asked to. He will also bring talent, and be able to endorse a lot of products. Also from a business standpoint he will keep the seats full.
CITY CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #6
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CITY CAT
He likes H-Town and has become very close to Richard Justice (chron writer). Bush is not Eli Manning, he will play wherever he is asked to. He will also bring talent, and be able to endorse a lot of products. Also from a business standpoint he will keep the seats full.
We don't need to draft Bush to sell tickets, we need to give an indication that the team is heading in the right direction. Making intelligent free agent and draft picks (including trading down and picking up quality players) and bringing in a new coaching staff are tops on that list.
Old 01-02-2006   #7
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo3883
Jets want bush
Everybody wants Reggie Bush.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2006   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
We don't need to draft Bush to sell tickets, we need to give an indication that the team is heading in the right direction. Making intelligent free agent and draft picks (including trading down and picking up quality players) and bringing in a new coaching staff are tops on that list.
We already have given an indication that the team is heading in the right direction by firing Capers and his staff. Intelligent draft picks would be the best player in the draft with the first pick and good supporting picks with the rest. Almost all of our holes can be filled in the first day of drafting alone. A major hole that we do have is the lack of offensive playmakers. Luckily for us, we can draft the best offensive playmaker to come out of college in a long time.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #9
Haams
All Pro

All of you Bush wanters: Did you watch our team this year? What is Bush going to do to help us? Unless he's averaging 300 yards and 4 TD's a game as a rookie we'll have a very similar season. DD is one of the only people who can move the ball for us. I guess if the plan is to get Bush this year, have another top 3 pick next year we just might be able to build a dynasty through losing, but I dont' want to chear for that. Sounds too much like the Spurs for me.
Old 01-02-2006   #10
Haams
All Pro

I also heard a rumor that Detroit was already offering their starting LT, their first round draft pick, and Roy Williams for the #1. Has anybody else heard this or was somebody just dreaming and passing it off as a rumor?
Old 01-02-2006   #11
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haams
I also heard a rumor that Detroit was already offering their starting LT, their first round draft pick, and Roy Williams for the #1. Has anybody else heard this or was somebody just dreaming and passing it off as a rumor?

That would only happen in our dreams.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #12
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haams
I'm not sure how much Jeff Backus would help our OL, I'd probably rather have Damien Woody. Exchanging 1st round picks, giving us Roy Williams and Marcus Pollard, and giving us additional picks (like this year and next years 2nd rounders and probably one more somewhere) and/or Dre Bly might work with me. We could use their 1st round pick on the best OT available, get our stud #2 WR and a good TE, get an upgrade at our #2 CB, and add a couple later picks, so that wouldn't be a bad idea if it is indeed a realistic offer.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read