Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-26-2005   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is getting the "Reggie Pick" the link to dropping Carr ?

Carr carries special status among Houston's players not only because he is the starting quarterback but because he was identified as the franchise cornerstone when the team came on line in 2002
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/3547876.html
Bush would be the teams new marquee player, so McNair wouldn't need Carr
around anymore to be the face of the franchise.
We will know very soon now if Reggie is ours for the taking.
Anyway, Chronicle article explores the issue of retaining Carr.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

interesting idea

if the Texans draft Bush that would certainly signal a new era, not to mention the coaches and gm. I hope sometime before the draft ownership has taken steps to revamp the coaching and talent evaluation structure. Concerning Carr this might faciltate letting his contract run its course, let him test the market and still have rights to match offers.

I keep hearing that McNair does not want to turn the keys over to the Carr to someone like Pete Carroll, but I feel differently & that especially this year Pete is uniquely qualified to address this new era of transition. If the Texans allow Carr to pursue the process he certainly could make the most informed decision if it would be in our best interest to match, take Bush or Leinart, maybe even trade down.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think so. Carr has played well the last couple of weeks and so have all the runningbacks. We have good depth there.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #4
bigcarlos
Veteran

Good article
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #5
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
I dont think so. Carr has played well the last couple of weeks and so have all the runningbacks. We have good depth there.
I have to agree. Carr has played very well under the circumstances. He just needs help from the line.
CenTexNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #6
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexNative
I have to agree. Carr has played very well under the circumstances. He just needs help from the line.
He needs more help from an Offensive Coordinator, not a line coach that has hardly coached a complete offense before.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read