Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-25-2005   #1
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A telling statement by Payne

Saw this in the Chronic and thought it indicated what a lot of us had thought all season.

"Over the last several weeks we've looked more like a 3-4 defense is supposed to look," Payne said. "We've been aggressive. We've gotten to the quarterback.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005   #2
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 60461 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Saw this in the Chronic and thought it indicated what a lot of us had thought all season.

"Over the last several weeks we've looked more like a 3-4 defense is supposed to look," Payne said. "We've been aggressive. We've gotten to the quarterback.
Payne is usually good for a quote. I only wish we had a few players that would speak their minds about whats been going on with this team.
Originally we were worried about acquiring "good character" guys, but these type players are not inclined to rock the boat. We just don't need any TO types around, he is a proven poison. Its going to be a very interesting offseason. I expect there will be some quick decisions once the playoffs are over. Kinda sad in a way when your offseason and NFL draft are more exciting than your regular season games. TV shots of Mr McNair and Casserly during the game Sunday reminded me of someone whos dog just got run over. Long long faces on both of them.

Old 12-25-2005   #3
chdaty
Rookie

I was surprised to see something in the Post Game Quotes beyond the predictable "they executed and we didn't". Dunta actually took credit for the bad coverage that led to one of the touchdowns in the fourth quarter. He even came off the field telling everyone that it was his fault. These days no one takes any individual responsibility and that was a breath of fresh air. I remember Kris Brown saying something like that a few weeks back as well.

It was honestly nice to see something besides the "our guys fought hard today" and "we didn't execute when we had chances and they did." I don't need a press conference to know that, Dom. You were a little closer to the field than I was, but I watched the same game you did.
chdaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chdaty
I was surprised to see something in the Post Game Quotes beyond the predictable "they executed and we didn't". Dunta actually took credit for the bad coverage that led to one of the touchdowns in the fourth quarter. He even came off the field telling everyone that it was his fault. These days no one takes any individual responsibility and that was a breath of fresh air. I remember Kris Brown saying something like that a few weeks back as well.

It was honestly nice to see something besides the "our guys fought hard today" and "we didn't execute when we had chances and they did." I don't need a press conference to know that, Dom. You were a little closer to the field than I was, but I watched the same game you did.

yeah d-rob was way out there i mean i have never seen him cover so poorly that he did yesterday. PB would have looked good compared to that, and what is J. Mathis been doing he hasnt been giving us good field position on a consistent basis in weeks.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnsons TD could be credited to Mathis just being out on the field. Amazing how something we all have been saying to do like put Mathis and Johnson on the field together had immediate success.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005   #6
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
yeah d-rob was way out there i mean i have never seen him cover so poorly that he did yesterday. PB would have looked good compared to that, and what is J. Mathis been doing he hasnt been giving us good field position on a consistent basis in weeks.
Teams barely kick to Mathis anymore. It's either a short kick to one of the upbacks or they just try to kick it out of the end zone.
ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005   #7
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee
I expect there will be some quick decisions once the playoffs are over. Kinda sad in a way when your offseason and NFL draft are more exciting than your regular season games. TV shots of Mr McNair and Casserly during the game Sunday reminded me of someone whos dog just got run over. Long long faces on both of them.

I am expecting changes next Tues or Wed . Why wait for the playoffs to be over some changes need to be made sooner rather than later!

Old 12-26-2005   #8
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 60461 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40
I am expecting changes next Tues or Wed . Why wait for the playoffs to be over some changes need to be made sooner rather than later!

My only reasoning for this is the NFL rule prohibiting us from contacting coaches who are still coaching in the playoffs. Of course Mr McNair could just clean house on Monday and let us speculate some more for another month.
My expectations are that Casserly keeps his job, then he along with Reeves will begin a coaching search. Casserly has gotten some talent in here, and he has made some blunders. I think Mr McNair will tighten up the reins on Casserly and keep him here. Reeves might stay on through the draft but I doubt he will be here much longer that that.
I was all for bringing in an outside consultant, but that is all I would use Reeves for. He is not the answer to all our questions...

Old 12-26-2005   #9
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33363 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee
My only reasoning for this is the NFL rule prohibiting us from contacting coaches who are still coaching in the playoffs. Of course Mr McNair could just clean house on Monday and let us speculate some more for another month.
My expectations are that Casserly keeps his job, then he along with Reeves will begin a coaching search. Casserly has gotten some talent in here, and he has made some blunders. I think Mr McNair will tighten up the reins on Casserly and keep him here. Reeves might stay on through the draft but I doubt he will be here much longer that that.
I was all for bringing in an outside consultant, but that is all I would use Reeves for. He is not the answer to all our questions...

Perhaps your right about Casserly. It just seemed odd that he as there with McNair during the game. Yea, I know the season ain't over yet but if I was planning on cutting personnel in my business I wouldn't be consorting with em so close to cutting time. IMO
Old 12-26-2005   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum
Yea, I know the season ain't over yet but if I was planning on cutting personnel in my business I wouldn't be consorting with em so close to cutting time. IMO
It's done all the time in business. CC looked real POed sitting there next to Bob. Based on his body language he nows that he is going down. Might just be a role reduction, but I suspect it's the door.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yea, I know the season ain't over yet but if I was planning on cutting personnel in my business I wouldn't be consorting with em so close to cutting time. IMO
What do you suggest? Telling Casserly to go sit in the corner?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #12
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Perhaps your right about Casserly. It just seemed odd that he as there with McNair during the game. Yea, I know the season ain't over yet but if I was planning on cutting personnel in my business I wouldn't be consorting with em so close to cutting time. IMO
They have been sitting together for the last 4 years during games. I don't think McNair is going to make a change that makes it obvious that Casserly is NOT coming back. I think that both Capers and Casserly are gone. If anyone was to be saved it would be Capers. McNair really likes Capers and would keep him if he did not see the PR nightmare coming from such a decision.
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #13
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33363 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I quess we're ALL just speculating at this point, and I suppose there will be some here that'll say "That's the way I seen it happening all along!" But all we can do at this point is make uneducated quesses. None of them are right or wrong because all of them are just that, quesses and speculation.

Last edited by Texan Asylum; 12-26-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Texan Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005   #14
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
Teams barely kick to Mathis anymore. It's either a short kick to one of the upbacks or they just try to kick it out of the end zone.
Um, in most situations, kickers ALWAYS try to boot it out of the EZ.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005   #15
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40

They may change the guys who clean the restrooms, but I doubt they would make major changes that soon. They would have nothing to gain by it and everything to gain by waiting for the playoffs to be over, since they would then have the opportunity to talk to members of the coaching staffs from the teams that were in the post-season.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005   #16
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
What do you suggest? Telling Casserly to go sit in the corner?
That's too funny. LOL
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005   #17
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

Where else would he sit? He isn't a coach or a coordinator so he isn't going to be on the sidelines or in the coaches box on the headset.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

He could sit outside reliant. There's plenty of TVs out there.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005   #19
Texan Asylum
Christian

Sorry, didn't know how it worked.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read