Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2005   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why is Wells starting?

The season is long over.... the front office geniuses used a high draft pick on Morency... why isn't he starting?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I dont mind that Morency isnt starting but I would mind him not getting about 10-15 carries today.

It isnt about who starts, it's about who plays...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #3
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
The season is long over.... the front office geniuses used a high draft pick on Morency... why isn't he starting?
So now a third round pick is a HIGH pick? Maybe because Wells has been very good in relief of Davis? The team is still playing to win despite everyone clamoring for Bush. Morency should get some carries today.
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #4
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

personally I want Davis to get his 26 so he can be only 15th back in NFL history come up with 1,000 yards in 1st 3 seasons
Old 12-24-2005   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Wells 21 rushes 86 yards 4.1 ave long 13 and 0 td
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Wells 21 rushes 86 yards 4.1 ave long 13 and 0 td
Here's what I think would've happened if DD had been healthy and had 21 rushes.

21 rushes for 86 yds.

4.1 avg.

5 catches for 40 yds. receiving.

The big pass plays to AJ and Bradford would not have happened. Carr would've been sacked. No knock on DD (well, not really), but I think this team does better overall with Wells. (No comment on Morency.)
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #7
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Here's what I think would've happened if DD had been healthy and had 21 rushes.

21 rushes for 86 yds.

4.1 avg.

5 catches for 40 yds. receiving.

The big pass plays to AJ and Bradford would not have happened. Carr would've been sacked. No knock on DD (well, not really), but I think this team does better overall with Wells. (No comment on Morency.)
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2005   #8
touttail
All Pro

I agree. We and they should too know that Wells is a viable back up. The team should play Morency most of the game to see how productive he can be for an entire game, not just a couple of plays.

Bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 39800 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayseed2002
We KNOW what we get out of wells, we know what we get out of dd, the season is OVER.... lets see what we get out of morency and god forbid "th"....actually see the field..... The snowball continues! :brickwall
With Armstrong and Murphy inactive again this week, I don't see any evidence that the Texans staff are making any effort at all to evaluate players. I know the coaching staff doesn't care, but you'd think somebody from McNair on down would overrule them if they thought it was important.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #10
UGA
Rookie

No need to evaluate any of them, their all running on borrowed time.

The Bush-Davis duo is almost a reality now...
UGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #11
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
With Armstrong and Murphy inactive again this week, I don't see any evidence that the Texans staff are making any effort at all to evaluate players. I know the coaching staff doesn't care, but you'd think somebody from McNair on down would overrule them if they thought it was important.
Completely baffling how Armstrong doesn't see the field. And to not play Morency is obsurd. This coaching staff cannot get run out of town fast enough.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #12
Texans86
All Pro

I've been extremely dissappointed in the coaches for not letting Morency in the game more. Soon after he was drafted, they kept comparing his size and ability to Davis. I think he may have a little more break away speed than Davis, but I don't know if we'll ever see him get more than 8 carries a day. Maybe the next coaching staff will let him see the field. I think he has potential.
Old 12-24-2005   #13
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing that gets me about it too is that Reeves was brought in to evaluate talent, the season has long been over, why not evaluate some players in game situations instead of practice? And who was that Alfred Malone guy? Has he been on the roster all season?
Old 12-25-2005   #14
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

I think they are grooming Wells to be the thunder in a thunder and lightning attack and we all know reggie bush will be the lightning.

Davis has proved he can't stay healthy, i hope he gets his 1000 yards and we trade him.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Davis has no trade worth since all his bonus would count against the cap....nobody would give us enough to absorb it. Davis will be here for the long haul. Wells is a FA and I bet he doesn't come back unless he takes a small salary. He is way too easy to replace.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Wells is a FA and I bet he doesn't come back unless he takes a small salary. He is way too easy to replace.
Therefor all the more puzzling that they don't play Morency and give him
some game experience ? Perhaps its because Capers sympathesis and identifies with a loyal veteran who is only history to this franchise rather than the newcomer who is part of its future.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Therefor all the more puzzling that they don't play Morency and give him
some game experience ? Perhaps its because Capers sympathesis and identifies with a loyal veteran who is only history to this franchise rather than the newcomer who is part of its future.
quite possibly. One of Capers' fatal flaws is his blind loyalty.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #18
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
personally I want Davis to get his 26 so he can be only 15th back in NFL history come up with 1,000 yards in 1st 3 seasons
Very much agree
Old 12-26-2005   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Davis has no trade worth since all his bonus would count against the cap....nobody would give us enough to absorb it. Davis will be here for the long haul. Wells is a FA and I bet he doesn't come back unless he takes a small salary. He is way too easy to replace.
Agree. Wells will be gone and DD will be here because of economic reasons. Whether we draft Bush or not, that's another matter altogether.

Hopefully the last game will feature much more of Morency... But I'm not putting up my house as security on that bet
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like they really should resign Wells, if they don't get Bush.

....I take that back--we're OK with Morency (probably).
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read