Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2005   #1
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default GM and HC news from Fox

Just heard on Fox Pregame show (reported by Jay Glazer), IF Reeves becomes GM, his top 2 canidates for HC would be Kubiak or Wade Phillips.

Also said Greg Williams is a canidate, but 4 or 5 teams have him ranked high.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

This isnt really earth shattering news .... we've speculated on those two names on this board for most of the season ..... For the record I'd prefer Kubiak over Phillips . Time to get an infusion of NEW talent at the top .... not a re-tread . (I also have known him personally since about 1976)

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #3
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
Just heard on Fox Pregame show (reported by Jay Glazer), IF Reeves becomes GM, his top 2 canidates for HC would be Kubiak or Wade Phillips.

KUBIAK!!!!
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #4
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher
KUBIAK!!!!
Kubiak here too.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #5
touttail
All Pro

I say Kubiak too. He will have a wide open offense, not be so conservative.

Bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #6
Texans86
All Pro

I'm ready for an offensive minded coach. I know defense wins championships, but offense would at least get people interested in the game. And look what offense has done for Cincinatti.
Old 12-24-2005   #7
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD

That isn't new news. Those names have come up over and over on these boards and houstonprofootball.com ever since Reeves signed on as a consultant. Probably more like Jay Glazer has been popping in and reading our bbs.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2005   #8
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 11 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Kubiak, Kubiak, Kubiak!
when we get him we will go for it on 4 and 2 or 4 and 2

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do you people think Kubiak will have a wide open offense? Just because he does that in Denver doesnt mean he'll even be ABLE to do that here. You have to have talent to do something like that
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Why do you people think Kubiak will have a wide open offense? Just because he does that in Denver doesnt mean he'll even be ABLE to do that here. You have to have talent to do something like that
Coaches are brought in partly for their philosophy that has brought them previous sucess. If our team is deemed not to have sufficient talent for him to work with, he will either not accept or not be offered the position.

We have plently of talent, but fail to plan appropiatly for our opponent and become too predictable.
Old 12-25-2005   #11
cadahnic
All Pro

I just want everyone to understand that having Kubiak does not mean we will throw the ball all over the place. Yes he will have Carr chunking it on deeper and more intermediate routes than the small crosses, hitches and outs we run now, but he is a strong believer in the running game. I would say look for a much more balanced offense that is weighted more on the pass. Denver has been known to use the pass to set up the run, and Kubiak will likely bring that. The guy personally is a great guy met him twice, but not overly excited towards the camera. He is my pick, eventhough Wade Phillips would not be horrible either.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005   #12
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

I would love to have Philips, if he ran the defense... I dont want another 3-4 genius that is not in charge of running the 3-4.
Old 12-25-2005   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
I would love to have Philips, if he ran the defense... I dont want another 3-4 genius that is not in charge of running the 3-4.
agreed. you sir, get a positive post for this one.
Old 12-25-2005   #14
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Before another person says this isn't really news, I understand these names have been on the message board by people who really have no connections of any kind. I posted it because it was reported by a real agency with credentials. Nothing against the websote or message boards, but you know who these people are?

Now seems kind of boisterous of Reeves to have a top 2 candidates since in theory he's only suppose to be here for 2 weeks or how ever long it is.

Makes you think....
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The Broncos pass less than the Texans percentage-wise (47% of total plays compared to 50% for the Texans). Not surprisingly, their passing game is more efficient (and vertical) than the Texans horizontal attack, averaging 1.7 more yards per attempt than the Texans.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005   #16
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
I'm ready for an offensive minded coach. I know defense wins championships, but offense would at least get people interested in the game. And look what offense has done for Cincinatti.
Just an FYI, but Marvin Lewis was a DC before becoming head coach. Obviously, his OC has it together. This just goes to show if you select the right coach, it doesn't matter whether he is a DC or an OC. The coach just needs to select a good offensive coordinator.
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005   #17
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

As long as the next HC coaches our team into being contenders and some championships here and there, I'm a happy fan.
Old 12-25-2005   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be happy with either Kubiak or Phillips. One is an offensive minded coach, the other defensive. The only reservation about Phillips is that he's had Pendry as an OC when he was HC at Buffalo. I hope we never see Pendry here again. Dude is more conservative in his playcalling than Ronald Reagan was with his politics.

Although if the Jets fire Herm Edwards, my no. 1 pick would immediately change.
Old 12-25-2005   #19
TexansJunkE
Veteran

Wade or Phillips..............I'm jsut ready for a change!
TexansJunkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade and Phillips are the same guy. I think you're being sarcastic right?

Anyhow, I would like Kubiak because he would be a young new HC and we need someone with some fire to get these young players someone to play for.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read