Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2005   #1
vtech9
Hall of Fame
 
vtech9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 46
Posts: 1,055
Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9
Default Battle Red or Steel Blue?

Is this going to be a battle red day, or are the Texans going to wear blue today? I haven't found anything that says one way or another. Anyone know?
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw
 
PapaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Maryland
Age: 34
Posts: 12,427
Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

According to the following thread, http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=16057, Yes it is battle red day.

Last edited by PapaL; 12-24-2005 at 11:39 AM.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #3
vtech9
Hall of Fame
 
vtech9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 46
Posts: 1,055
Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
According to this the following thread, http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=16057, Yes it is battle red day.
thanks...I had heard a few fans mention it, but haven't seen anything on the Texans site or anywhere else about it.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #4
xfive4x
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0 xfive4x is ridin' the pine
Default

The Jags are wearing their battle white jerseys with their battle black pants, and its all completely relevant.
xfive4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #5
kevinjagsfan
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 27
Posts: 62
Rep Power: 11 kevinjagsfan is ridin' the pine
Default

yeah, what's the deal with this "battle red" stuff?
kevinjagsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #6
God of Wine
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjagsfan
yeah, what's the deal with this "battle red" stuff?
Our uniform colors: Steel blue, Battle red, and Liberty white.
Your uniform colors: Teal, Black, and Gold

We are wearing our

B-A-T-T-L-E
R-E-D
J-E-R-S-E-Y-S
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #7
Texan Asylum
Christian
 
Texan Asylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kansas
Age: 51
Posts: 6,050
Rep Power: 39634 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Wine
Our uniform colors: Steel blue, Battle red, and Liberty white.
Your uniform colors: Teal, Black, and Gold

We are wearing our

B-A-T-T-L-E
R-E-D
J-E-R-S-E-Y-S
A little louder G.O.W. I don't think he heard ya.
__________________
Texan Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2005   #8
kevinjagsfan
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 27
Posts: 62
Rep Power: 11 kevinjagsfan is ridin' the pine
Default

I know the colors, but why are they "battle", "liberty" etc?
kevinjagsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #9
BigDTexansFan
All Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 576
Rep Power: 11 BigDTexansFan is a team player
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjagsfan
I know the colors, but why are they "battle", "liberty" etc?

It's like telling a joke then having to explain.....some people :brickwall :brickwall
__________________
Houston Texans BEST team in Texas...BAR NONE
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #10
God of Wine
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
It's like telling a joke then having to explain.....some people :brickwall :brickwall

lol Really
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #11
Fargin
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 30
Rep Power: 0 Fargin is a team player
Default

First let me say good game, you had us worried for three quarters. As to the subject of this thread. I've been hearing all week about the apparently magical properties of your red jerseys. Correct Me if I'm wrong but haven't you worn them twice this year with, let's just say less than spectacular results? Seems to me that they're more babble red than anything. See you next year.
Fargin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #12
kevinjagsfan
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 27
Posts: 62
Rep Power: 11 kevinjagsfan is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargin
First let me say good game, you had us worried for three quarters. As to the subject of this thread. I've been hearing all week about the apparently magical properties of your red jerseys. Correct Me if I'm wrong but haven't you worn them twice this year with, let's just say less than spectacular results? Seems to me that they're more babble red than anything. See you next year.
yep... it's like the jerseys have some kind of magical powers or something. the fans actually get pumped and think they have more of a chance to win. since when has jersry color decided the outcome of games? why are the fans even worrying about what color the team's wearing? between that and Carr's amazing fasination about his hair.. i'm starting to wonder.....
kevinjagsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #13
touttail
All Pro
 
touttail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Baytown
Age: 59
Posts: 948
Rep Power: 11 touttail is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9
Is this going to be a battle red day, or are the Texans going to wear blue today? I haven't found anything that says one way or another. Anyone know?
If you look at their schedule on their website, it will tell you what jerseys they will be wearing at home!

Bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #14
gwallaia
Moderator
 
gwallaia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 48
Posts: 7,590
Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

The Texans have been wearing their "Surrender White" jerseys most of the season. Today they wore their "Reggie Red" jerseys.
__________________


We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #15
God of Wine
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
The Texans have been wearing their "Surrender White" jerseys most of the season. Today they wore their "Reggie Red" jerseys.
Thats great, phenominal.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #16
God of Wine
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjagsfan
yep... it's like the jerseys have some kind of magical powers or something. the fans actually get pumped and think they have more of a chance to win. since when has jersry color decided the outcome of games? why are the fans even worrying about what color the team's wearing? between that and Carr's amazing fasination about his hair.. i'm starting to wonder.....
Are you still here?? That's fascinating. Good luck in facing the Bengals or Patriots, they are gonna kick your ***. I'll be pulling for any team but the Jags, heck I would rather the Colts win.

Oh by the way, Battle Red sounds better than teal.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #17
BattleRedGuy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 54
Posts: 64
Rep Power: 10 BattleRedGuy is ridin' the pine
Default

I take some offense to this. We did punk you last year in the Battle Red. We will next year as well. Hopefully your savior, Mr Leftwich, will make an appearance.
BattleRedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #18
God of Wine
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedGuy
I take some offense to this. We did punk you last year in the Battle Red. We will next year as well. Hopefully your savior, Mr Leftwich, will make an appearance.
Nah he would rather watch from the sidelines and eat his mom's macaroni and cheese. Before you say any thing Jag fan, he has already stated that is why he has a weight problem from eating his mom's mac and cheese.

Last edited by God of Wine; 12-24-2005 at 07:30 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #19
Fargin
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 30
Rep Power: 0 Fargin is a team player
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedGuy
I take some offense to this. We did punk you last year in the Battle Red. We will next year as well. Hopefully your savior, Mr Leftwich, will make an appearance.
Proven fact, we really don't need him to beat you. Actually we probably could have done it with Nate Hybl from our practice squad.
Fargin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #20
Texans86
All Pro
 
Texans86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Waco, Texas
Age: 28
Posts: 927
Rep Power: 10 Texans86 is a team player
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargin
Proven fact, we really don't need him to beat you. Actually we probably could have done it with Nate Hybl from our practice squad.
You nearly lost to the team with the worst record in the NFL, and you still want to brag. Way to show some class.
__________________
"Only the Sith deal in absolutes." ---Wait, isn't that an absolute?
Texans86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger