Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2005   #1
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9
Default Battle Red or Steel Blue?

Is this going to be a battle red day, or are the Texans going to wear blue today? I haven't found anything that says one way or another. Anyone know?
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

According to the following thread, http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=16057, Yes it is battle red day.

Last edited by PapaL; 12-24-2005 at 11:39 AM.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #3
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
According to this the following thread, http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=16057, Yes it is battle red day.
thanks...I had heard a few fans mention it, but haven't seen anything on the Texans site or anywhere else about it.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #4
xfive4x
Rookie

The Jags are wearing their battle white jerseys with their battle black pants, and its all completely relevant.
xfive4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #5
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

yeah, what's the deal with this "battle red" stuff?
kevinjagsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #6
God of Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjagsfan
yeah, what's the deal with this "battle red" stuff?
Our uniform colors: Steel blue, Battle red, and Liberty white.
Your uniform colors: Teal, Black, and Gold

We are wearing our

B-A-T-T-L-E
R-E-D
J-E-R-S-E-Y-S
Old 12-24-2005   #7
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 39634 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Wine
Our uniform colors: Steel blue, Battle red, and Liberty white.
Your uniform colors: Teal, Black, and Gold

We are wearing our

B-A-T-T-L-E
R-E-D
J-E-R-S-E-Y-S
A little louder G.O.W. I don't think he heard ya.
Old 12-24-2005   #8
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

I know the colors, but why are they "battle", "liberty" etc?
Old 12-24-2005   #9
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
I know the colors, but why are they "battle", "liberty" etc?

It's like telling a joke then having to explain.....some people :brickwall :brickwall
Old 12-24-2005   #10
God of Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
It's like telling a joke then having to explain.....some people :brickwall :brickwall

lol Really
Old 12-24-2005   #11
Fargin
Rookie

First let me say good game, you had us worried for three quarters. As to the subject of this thread. I've been hearing all week about the apparently magical properties of your red jerseys. Correct Me if I'm wrong but haven't you worn them twice this year with, let's just say less than spectacular results? Seems to me that they're more babble red than anything. See you next year.
Fargin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #12
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargin
First let me say good game, you had us worried for three quarters. As to the subject of this thread. I've been hearing all week about the apparently magical properties of your red jerseys. Correct Me if I'm wrong but haven't you worn them twice this year with, let's just say less than spectacular results? Seems to me that they're more babble red than anything. See you next year.
yep... it's like the jerseys have some kind of magical powers or something. the fans actually get pumped and think they have more of a chance to win. since when has jersry color decided the outcome of games? why are the fans even worrying about what color the team's wearing? between that and Carr's amazing fasination about his hair.. i'm starting to wonder.....
Old 12-24-2005   #13
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9
Is this going to be a battle red day, or are the Texans going to wear blue today? I haven't found anything that says one way or another. Anyone know?
If you look at their schedule on their website, it will tell you what jerseys they will be wearing at home!

Bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #14
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans have been wearing their "Surrender White" jerseys most of the season. Today they wore their "Reggie Red" jerseys.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #15
God of Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
The Texans have been wearing their "Surrender White" jerseys most of the season. Today they wore their "Reggie Red" jerseys.
Thats great, phenominal.
Old 12-24-2005   #16
God of Wine

Quote:
yep... it's like the jerseys have some kind of magical powers or something. the fans actually get pumped and think they have more of a chance to win. since when has jersry color decided the outcome of games? why are the fans even worrying about what color the team's wearing? between that and Carr's amazing fasination about his hair.. i'm starting to wonder.....
Are you still here?? That's fascinating. Good luck in facing the Bengals or Patriots, they are gonna kick your ***. I'll be pulling for any team but the Jags, heck I would rather the Colts win.

Oh by the way, Battle Red sounds better than teal.
Old 12-24-2005   #17
BattleRedGuy
Rookie

I take some offense to this. We did punk you last year in the Battle Red. We will next year as well. Hopefully your savior, Mr Leftwich, will make an appearance.
BattleRedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #18
God of Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedGuy
I take some offense to this. We did punk you last year in the Battle Red. We will next year as well. Hopefully your savior, Mr Leftwich, will make an appearance.
Nah he would rather watch from the sidelines and eat his mom's macaroni and cheese. Before you say any thing Jag fan, he has already stated that is why he has a weight problem from eating his mom's mac and cheese.

Last edited by God of Wine; 12-24-2005 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-24-2005   #19
Fargin
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedGuy
Proven fact, we really don't need him to beat you. Actually we probably could have done it with Nate Hybl from our practice squad.
Fargin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #20
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargin
Proven fact, we really don't need him to beat you. Actually we probably could have done it with Nate Hybl from our practice squad.
You nearly lost to the team with the worst record in the NFL, and you still want to brag. Way to show some class.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read