Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2005   #1
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Spring TX
Age: 41
Posts: 1,098
Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad
Default D'Brickashaw video footage.

I found this cruising the many draft sites. Scroll down a bit to view the footage.

http://qisports.com/dbrickashawferguson2006.html

I wouldn't mind having this guy on my team. I'm just not a strong believer in taking O-Linemen with a top 5 pick. I've been saying that you take skill position players if you are picking in the top 5 and then address needs with the other pix. Remember, when it boils down to it, you draft the best player available, especially in the 1st round with high pix.
__________________
Kubiak is no mechanic!
Trade in the Carr and go with a Young-er model!
Big B Texan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #2
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Austin
Age: 24
Posts: 782
Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer
Default

This guy is going to be an absolute monster for you guys, screw Reggie Bush..



Quote:
already considered the next great franchise Left Tackle in the mold of a: Jonathan Ogden, Walter Jones, Tony Boselli etc... Ferguson is still developing which is scary because he is already dominating, one of the most athletic Offensive Linemen you will ever see.
Quote:
NFL Potential Outcome: Elite Superstar (Scale: Average, Good, Superstar)
__________________
Don't hate the name
Respect the Game

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,556
Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

check out this glowing review of Mathis- http://www.qisports.com/jeromemathis2005.html

I'm still yet undecided on D'Brickashaw. In time he may very well turn into a franchise tackle, but that is based on potential I don't think David Carr & the Texans can afford that luxury. We need immediate impact to resolve the protection issue, before he tore his acl Eric Winston was the top rated OT, he will never regain full movement & quickness but he has rehabed and learned to adjust & become mentally tougher. At this point however I'm not convinced either is top 5 talent. If you can draft superstar talent in the 4th rd. (Mathis) why can't you get elite superstar talent anywhere in the 1st rd?
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame
 
Grid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,299
Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

We dont necessarily need immediate impact on the line.

Well.. I say that.. but really we DO need an immediate impact.. but we also need 20 superbowl trophies.. we arent gonna get either next year so we might as well not fret over it.

Whichever tackle we take in the draft (and im sure we will take at least one) will probably be an RT for us next season. Hopefully starting. We can afford to ease them into the LT position.. if they ever even beat Pitts out of it.

I think what we really need though..is someone with some frickin intelligence to come in and actually evaluate our Oline talent.

For example.. McKinney should NOT be a center. He never has been a center.. we made him a center and he sucks at it. His natural position is LG, and he is very good there.. so we need to put him there and LEAVE him there. THat is his strength.. and we need a line that plays to its strengths.

Hodgdon looked good at center and we need to find out if he is the long term answer there. Either way we need to either draft, or sign, another center. Todd Washington sucks (though id like to know for sure) and I dont want McKinney moving back to center if Hodg gets injured again.

What id really like to know though.. is what can Wand do for us. Can he play RT? ive never seen him there.. though he showed promise at LT. I dont see why we havent tried him at RT. Probably because we pay Wade too much money. Well screw Wade..he isnt getting the job done.. he may be a real expensive backup but i value my franchise QB and my functioning offense more than I value the money we are paying him.

Last position is RG.. id like to see Wand tried there as well.. and Wade too. Weigert I havent been impressed with.. and if we can afford to do so, im for cutting him. There are some good RGs available in FA as well.

Milford Brown.. i suspect.. is a bust.. or at best a career backup. If we find that he cant do an adequate job when he has to come in the game.. then cut him. We need new talent on the line.. BETTER talent..so lets cut the fat and get it.



So.. basicly..

Wand/Rookie at RT
Wand/Wade/FA/Rookie at LG
Hodgdon at Center
McKinney at LG
Pitts at LT

that is what I want to see next season. Now if someone would just get to work on seeing what is the best combination for the right side.. maybe we can actually get something DONE this offseason and get back on track for next year. Who knows.. Carr may even recover from a half decade of getting the crap kicked out of him, and become a good QB.


So.. i guess..im not against Dbrick in hte first.. though since I dont see ANY rookie coming in and taking the LT spot..or making an immediate impact.. im more inclined to pick up the BPA with our first round pick..and going for an OT in the second. Its deep this year at OT and a good one could very well slide. Im leaning towards trading down to the middle/upper middle of the first.. and grabbing Hlatoi Ngata. A playmaker at DT can MAKE the 3-4 defense.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #5
cap1
All Pro
 
cap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Friendswood, TX
Age: 36
Posts: 557
Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
We dont necessarily need immediate impact on the line.

Well.. I say that.. but really we DO need an immediate impact.. but we also need 20 superbowl trophies.. we arent gonna get either next year so we might as well not fret over it.

Whichever tackle we take in the draft (and im sure we will take at least one) will probably be an RT for us next season. Hopefully starting. We can afford to ease them into the LT position.. if they ever even beat Pitts out of it.

I think what we really need though..is someone with some frickin intelligence to come in and actually evaluate our Oline talent.

For example.. McKinney should NOT be a center. He never has been a center.. we made him a center and he sucks at it. His natural position is LG, and he is very good there.. so we need to put him there and LEAVE him there. THat is his strength.. and we need a line that plays to its strengths.

Hodgdon looked good at center and we need to find out if he is the long term answer there. Either way we need to either draft, or sign, another center. Todd Washington sucks (though id like to know for sure) and I dont want McKinney moving back to center if Hodg gets injured again.

What id really like to know though.. is what can Wand do for us. Can he play RT? ive never seen him there.. though he showed promise at LT. I dont see why we havent tried him at RT. Probably because we pay Wade too much money. Well screw Wade..he isnt getting the job done.. he may be a real expensive backup but i value my franchise QB and my functioning offense more than I value the money we are paying him.

Last position is RG.. id like to see Wand tried there as well.. and Wade too. Weigert I havent been impressed with.. and if we can afford to do so, im for cutting him. There are some good RGs available in FA as well.

Milford Brown.. i suspect.. is a bust.. or at best a career backup. If we find that he cant do an adequate job when he has to come in the game.. then cut him. We need new talent on the line.. BETTER talent..so lets cut the fat and get it.



So.. basicly..

Wand/Rookie at RT
Wand/Wade/FA/Rookie at LG
Hodgdon at Center
McKinney at LG
Pitts at LT

that is what I want to see next season. Now if someone would just get to work on seeing what is the best combination for the right side.. maybe we can actually get something DONE this offseason and get back on track for next year. Who knows.. Carr may even recover from a half decade of getting the crap kicked out of him, and become a good QB.


So.. i guess..im not against Dbrick in hte first.. though since I dont see ANY rookie coming in and taking the LT spot..or making an immediate impact.. im more inclined to pick up the BPA with our first round pick..and going for an OT in the second. Its deep this year at OT and a good one could very well slide. Im leaning towards trading down to the middle/upper middle of the first.. and grabbing Hlatoi Ngata. A playmaker at DT can MAKE the 3-4 defense.
Grid, I was with you until trading up into the first for another DT. I can see us trading up into the First, but we need help other places and we took TJ last year in the first. Now I could see us trade up into the first for a DE if we switch to a 4-3 with the new coaches
__________________
2006 Champion of Yahoo Fantasy Football League: Go Texan League
cap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #6
Coach C.
Hall of Fame
 
Coach C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SE Houston
Posts: 1,422
Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler
Default

Grid what is your obsession with playing Wand. The guy has looked terrible on a constant basis. He is overmatched and if he was smart he would learn how to play guard. Hodgon is ok, but overmatched in the run game, would like to see us snatch NO center/G Pro Bowler 26 years old all world Lecharles Bentley. I assume you were joking about trading up into the first and getting a DT.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,556
Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1
Grid, I was with you until trading up into the first for another DT. I can see us trading up into the First, but we need help other places and we took TJ last year in the first.
Travis was the highest rated interior linemen in last years draft, traditionally they take 2-3 years of adjustment until they standout. I can't talk for Grid but I'm thinking a edge linemen thats strong, quick and athletic who can pressure a QB like Mario Williams.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1
Now I could see us trade up into the first for a DE if we switch to a 4-3 with the new coaches
thats the ticket
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-22-2005   #8
Blake
MMQB
 
Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Spring
Section: 551
Posts: 10,806
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Grid what is your obsession with playing Wand. The guy has looked terrible on a constant basis. He is overmatched and if he was smart he would learn how to play guard. Hodgon is ok, but overmatched in the run game, would like to see us snatch NO center/G Pro Bowler 26 years old all world Lecharles Bentley. I assume you were joking about trading up into the first and getting a DT.
I really like Nick Mangold. I think he could be had in the top of the 3rd.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #9
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame
 
MorKnolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,210
Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
So.. basicly..

Wand/Rookie at RT
Wand/Wade/FA/Rookie at LG
Hodgdon at Center
McKinney at LG
Pitts at LT

So.. i guess..im not against Dbrick in hte first.. though since I dont see ANY rookie coming in and taking the LT spot..or making an immediate impact.. im more inclined to pick up the BPA with our first round pick..and going for an OT in the second. Its deep this year at OT and a good one could very well slide. Im leaning towards trading down to the middle/upper middle of the first.. and grabbing Hlatoi Ngata. A playmaker at DT can MAKE the 3-4 defense.
I agree with probably starting a rookie OT at RT at least for the first part of the year until he wins the LT job, which is one big reason why I think we should get Winston. He is big and strong enough to play that position and maybe interior line if we needed him to for some reason, while Ferguson is only a pass-blocking LT. I also think McKinney is gone, he has a pretty big base salary but it will not cost much to cut or trade him and he hasn't produced this year so I say he's gone. I think we should keep Wiegert for next year when his contract runs out. Unfortunately we're locked into Wade being here and I don't know if I see him being able to transition to OG because he's built too much like a OT, even though he doesn't play there very well either. Hodgdon is ok at C although I'd maybe look to draft another one in the 3rd round (there is a good one at Minnesota, don't remember his name at the moment), and I'd say draft the best OG available in the 2nd round, maybe even package something (preferably a couple players rather than draft picks) and move back into the late first to get McNeil, otherwise Joseph, Thomas, or whoever else is there. We could also possibly try to sign Hutchinson from Seattle or Bentley from New Orleans who are free agents, but cadahnic, coach c, and I will get into the free agent stuff more in a week or two. That said, here is my prefered OL next year:

LT Chester Pitts/Eric Winston (if he can beat Pitts out)
LG Rookie (preferably McNeil, or Joseph, Thomas, Setterstrom, etc.)
C LeCharles Bentley (if we can sign him)/Drew Hodgdon/Rookie
RG Zach Wiegert/Steve Hutchinson (I think Wiegert is fine for one more year so maybe have rookie not start and rotate in)
RT Eric Winston/Chester Pitts (if he gets beat out for LT)
Backups: Todd Wade (expensive backup but he shouldn't start anymore), Wiegert/rookie OG (if Hutchinson is signed, have rookie and Wiegert battle it out for starter), Milford Brown (can play either OG and is a solid backup OL, done decent as a starter this year), Todd Washington (same as Milford plus he can play C, did decent in his limited action this year), Hodgdon (if Bentley is brought in)
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,556
Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL DRAFT
I really like Nick Mangold. I think he could be had in the top of the 3rd.
if Mangold slips to the 3rd that would be a great value, he has excellent leadership abilites, smart and good size to star at his position at the next level. He cannot pull like Greg Eslinger, but pass protection and blocking assingments would be upgraded.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #11
Coach C.
Hall of Fame
 
Coach C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SE Houston
Posts: 1,422
Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler
Default

Mangold is from Ohio State right.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame
 
TheOgre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back in the cellar again
Posts: 3,739
Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP
Default

I hope we get Ferguson. He would be our LT for the next 10+ years.
__________________
"...the Texans select...Adrian Peterson, RB, University of Oklahoma."
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #13
JDizzle
I'm a dude
 
JDizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,946
Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

That video doesn't have hardly any game footage in it. Kind of hard to say he'll be a lock at LT.

FYI Those interested in watching how he performs in a game, make sure you catch the Music City Bowl on Dec. 30th at 12PM on ESPN, when Virginia plays Minnesota.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 48
Posts: 31,765
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
This guy is going to be an absolute monster for you guys, screw Reggie Bush..

Quote:
already considered the next great franchise Left Tackle in the mold of a: Jonathan Ogden, Walter Jones, Tony Boselli etc... Ferguson is still developing which is scary because he is already dominating, one of the most athletic Offensive Linemen you will ever see.

Quote:
NFL Potential Outcome: Elite Superstar (Scale: Average, Good, Superstar)
I'm in the same frame of mind. Elite tackles are drafted, and rarely do you find them in free agency or trades. The position is just too important. If his future is as dominating as many scouting reports predict, I'd have no problem picking him with our first round pick. It probably wouldn't go over too well with many fans, though...
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #15
TheOgre
Hall of Fame
 
TheOgre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back in the cellar again
Posts: 3,739
Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP
Default

Mike Munchak wasn't a popular pick when he was taken either.
__________________
"...the Texans select...Adrian Peterson, RB, University of Oklahoma."
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #16
Grid
Hall of Fame
 
Grid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,299
Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Wand wasnt perfect when he played LT, but his problems were blown WAY out of proportion. Alot of Wand's issues had more to do with the middle of the line collapsing.. pushing Carr back and running him directly into the guy that wand was blocking.


I say DT in the first for 3 reasons:

1) Robaire Smith is still fairly young.. and Travis Johnson is in his rookie season. That makes two starters at DE.. I dont think we need a third one.

2) Seth Payne is good.. but he is getting up there in years.. we need his future replacement.

3) A DT in the 3-4 is very important. A really good DT can collapse that pocket on a regular basis.. pushing the QB out of the pocket and into our OLBs. A playmaker at DT really does MAKE the 3-4 work.. or at least the passrush part of it. Payne is pretty good.. I wouldnt say he is a playmaker but he is above average... the only problem is his age, and our lack of a young player behind him to groom. Id love to get us a rookie DT to work on.. and Hlatoi Ngata looks like he could be a force in the middle.


MorKnolle.. you dont have Steve McKinney anywhere on that list. I just want to point out to everyone that Steve McKinney isnt a center... never was... we should never have put him at center. His natural position is LG..and when we had Hodgdon at C.. McKinney looked damn good at LG.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #17
Grid
Hall of Fame
 
Grid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,299
Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

oh and BTW.. I agree.. LTs are drafted.

My problem with Ferguson is just that I dont think he is really HEAD AND SHOULDERS above some of the other tackles in this draft.

That, combined with the fact that Pitts isnt a bad LT, makes me think that Ferguson may be nice to have.. but we dont necessarily HAVE to spend our first round pick on an OT.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #18
run-david-run
Hall of Fame
 
run-david-run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The University of Texas
Age: 25
Posts: 3,370
Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
oh and BTW.. I agree.. LTs are drafted.

My problem with Ferguson is just that I dont think he is really HEAD AND SHOULDERS above some of the other tackles in this draft.

That, combined with the fact that Pitts isnt a bad LT, makes me think that Ferguson may be nice to have.. but we dont necessarily HAVE to spend our first round pick on an OT.
By getting D'Brick that lets us put Pitts at guard, where the organization seems to think he is best. Now, if D'Brick can only match Pitts' play at LT his first year, that already improves the line by having Pitts play guard at a higher level then anyone else we have while not having a crapy LT, like Riley. Drafting a good LT helps everyone: RB's can either run out of backfield OR help everyone else. TE's can also run more routes without having to block, QB' have more time, Defenses have to blitz to get pressure= no double coverage on AJ.
__________________
Andre Johnson is The Answer
run-david-run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #19
Grid
Hall of Fame
 
Grid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,299
Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

I dont know if you remember what he was like playing guard.. but he is a better Tackle. If he isnt playing LT, then he needs to be playing RT. That is his strength.

Besides.. McKinney is a very good LG.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #20
edo783
Site Contributor
 
edo783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Houston, again.
Posts: 7,708
Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
I dont know if you remember what he was like playing guard.. but he is a better Tackle. If he isnt playing LT, then he needs to be playing RT. That is his strength.

Besides.. McKinney is a very good LG.
Spot on. Our rookie tackle will likely start out at RT and after a year or two he probably will swap positions with Pitts and that should secure the corners pretty well. McKinny showed he is solid as a LG and we would then get some value for his contract. I like the idea of picking up the center from the Saints as he can also play gaurd if DHog beats him out.
__________________


De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger