Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2005   #1
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 22797 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Unhappy Last home game together

I saw Gary Walker being interviewed on CBS the other night and he said this is the last home game with the current players because there will be a whole lot of new faces next season.

Is he implying that they are cleaning house?

Either way it's kinda depressing.

Last edited by MightyTExan; 12-21-2005 at 03:38 PM.
MightyTExan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if they already know whose gone.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I wonder if they already know whose gone.
Probably don't KNOW, but have a pretty good idea of who will be staying. Players know who has the goods and who doesn't.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

No implying anything... it's a given.

To all the fans attending the last home game - be loud for the last one of this season!!! Let's go out in style for the players sake. It was an ugly season - but every team goes through them... just glad we got ours out of the way early - brighter seasons ahead!!

Dang, I'm gonna miss the tailgating.

GO TEXANS!!
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005   #5
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

The season goes by so fast. Now we have offseason, E3, Mock Drafts, assumptions, and an overwhelming need for football to start again. Damn I love this game!!! It has been a great year of football, and can't wait till the next.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005   #6
Jimpster
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
No implying anything... it's a given.

It was an ugly season - but every team goes through them... just glad we got ours out of the way early - brighter seasons ahead!!

Dang, I'm gonna miss the tailgating.

GO TEXANS!!

I agree, we hit rock bottom. No where else to go but up from here. Already looking forward to next season.

A: 1 - Gary Kubiak
Jimpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan
Is he implying that they are cleaning house?

Either way it's kinda depressing.
No way, man. It's a cleansing process, and something we should be looking forward to. I, for one, will anticipate every move ownership makes with regards to hiring a new front office. It is indeed something to look forward to, especially because overhauling the team can result in winning seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimpster
I agree, we hit rock bottom. No where else to go but up from here.
Well...there's always sideways.....
Old 12-23-2005   #8
touttail
All Pro

Hopefully we have learned some important lessons this year!!!The importance of an OLine, not picking up someone else's "has beens", no more conservative play calling, doing your homework when drafting, etc.

I too am already for next year. We can only progress for sure, not degress!

Bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005   #9
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
Hopefully we have learned some important lessons this year!!!The importance of an OLine, not picking up someone else's "has beens", no more conservative play calling, doing your homework when drafting, etc.

I too am already for next year. We can only progress for sure, not degress!

Bobby 119C:brickwall
I would like to add the importance of coaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005   #10
texansfan88
All Pro

You know, as much as this season has sucked, I'm going to miss it. It's going to be a long time until the Texans have a home game after tommorow again.

I duno bout you guys, but there's nothing I'd rather see more than seeing the Jags choke again against the Texans. Forget Reggie Bush, forget the #1 pick, lets BTHO the Jags!
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005   #11
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
You know, as much as this season has sucked, I'm going to miss it. It's going to be a long time until the Texans have a home game after tommorow again.

I duno bout you guys, but there's nothing I'd rather see more than seeing the Jags choke again against the Texans. Forget Reggie Bush, forget the #1 pick, lets BTHO the Jags!
Where have you been, 88? Have not seen you post in ages.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005   #12
texansfan88
All Pro

eh, around, stayin busy with school and work. I check here about once every two weeks or so. How have you been
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
I agree 100%!!

We'll be there - LOUD & PROUD!
Old 12-23-2005   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel

Well...there's always sideways.....

You mean like Detroit the past few seasons ? ..... Thats DEPRESSING

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
Hopefully we have learned some important lessons this year!!!....................................., no more conservative play calling, doing your homework when drafting, etc.

Did you see the article in the Chronicle today ? Looks to me like Pendry is gonna keep the offense grounded :brickwall :brickwall

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=16052

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #15
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Well I would just hope that those that would be around next season give us something to look forward to next season. Hopefully conservative play calling won't hinder that. GO TEXANS!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read