Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2005   #1
djkennedy101
Rookie

Default DD Fan in the House.....

Was up yall I'm new to the message board....I'm a native Houstonian, but now live in Omaha Nebraska...I'm also a die hard LSU fan....Is it just me or does anyone else see the value of DD....aside from his minimal blocking skills... the dude is good....I take that back.... REAL GOOD...if it wasnt for the crappy O-line this year and previous years he would be a perinal back in the league....anyone else feel this way or not....Discuss....OH and by the way....we should be happy we have someone like DD on the Texans....Trade the high draft pick for some good lineman.....Disscuss
Old 12-22-2005   #2
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkennedy101
Was up yall I'm new to the message board....I'm a native Houstonian, but now live in Omaha Nebraska...I'm also a die hard LSU fan....Is it just me or does anyone else see the value of DD....aside from his minimal blocking skills... the dude is good....I take that back.... REAL GOOD...if it wasnt for the crappy O-line this year and previous years he would be a perinal back in the league....anyone else feel this way or not....Discuss....OH and by the way....we should be happy we have someone like DD on the Texans....Trade the high draft pick for some good lineman.....Disscuss
Me too! I used to go to two LSU games every year when I was living in Louisiana. Was a Saint fan too------LOL ! Glad to see Double D doing good, but man wish he wasn't so injury prone!

Bobby 119C:brickwall
Old 12-22-2005   #3
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I like DD too. I hope he can contribute for years to come.

Does anyone still have the web address for his site?
Old 12-22-2005   #4
djkennedy101
Rookie

didnt know he had a website...gonna have to look into it....I think the injury situation is just a minor setback...but if he actully played a whole season with a decent O-line...WOW what a season that would be....I hope he stays with the team......Go LSU beat Miami!!!!
Old 12-22-2005   #5
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I just don't see him taking a carry long distance to the house. Bush on the other hand would score on some of those that DD didn't get in. I think we will beat San Fran and use 2nd pick to trade down for D'brickshaw @ left tackle.
Old 12-22-2005   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
I just don't see him taking a carry long distance to the house. Bush on the other hand would score on some of those that DD didn't get in. I think we will beat San Fran and use 2nd pick to trade down for D'brickshaw @ left tackle.
How many times did you see Emmitt Smith take it 70 yds? Just because he isnt a burner, dosnt mean he isnt a very good back. Edgerin James isnt that fast, he still gets it done. It is not about speed
Old 12-22-2005   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
C'mon folks--don't turn every freakin thread into a Bush discussion.
Old 12-22-2005   #8
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

used to be www.doubledtalk.com , its underconstruction right now though..
Old 12-22-2005   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkennedy101
didnt know he had a website...gonna have to look into it....I think the injury situation is just a minor setback...but if he actully played a whole season with a decent O-line...WOW what a season that would be....I hope he stays with the team......Go LSU beat Miami!!!!
The run blocking isn't bad. Its the pass protection that reeks. DA U!!!
Old 12-23-2005   #10
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
How many times did you see Emmitt Smith take it 70 yds? Just because he isnt a burner, dosnt mean he isnt a very good back. Edgerin James isnt that fast, he still gets it done. It is not about speed
How many times did Emmitt miss 5-6 games a year? We all love DD and with him and Bush, we could be electric back there. But as of this posting, DD is NOT a 1000 yard rusher and may not get there. So, if we can't say anything positive about Bush without getting blasted that he's never done it at this level (Which is a horrifically stupid argument considering he isn't IN the NFL yet) then let's not quite start calling DD - Emmitt freaking Smith.
Old 12-23-2005   #11
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Along with the 1000 yrd. rushing aspect. It's nothing to be a 1000 yrd rusher any more. Let me take that back, it is someting but not what it used to be. Now it's more like 1300+ yrds is the minimum threshhold with 1500+ yrds knocking on the doors of greatness.
Old 12-23-2005   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

OK folks--learn to not turn every thread into a Bush thread or have them shut down.

Oh and:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA
How many times did Emmitt miss 5-6 games a year?
Well let's see Alex, I will go for what is one more time than DD.

Quote:
But as of this posting, DD is NOT a 1000 yard rusher and may not get there.
Two seasons down and a third almost certainly on the way have you wrong, but OK. Doesn't mean he is great, but sheesh, let's make silly statements how about?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read