Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2005   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I want the next two and let then let the chips fall.

I know there are many that will disagree with me but I also know there are many that agree with me.

I want to win the next two because:

1.) It includes us taking a game on a division opponent and it will give us a two game lead on that team. Gotta take something from this season.

2.) Even though Reggie Bush would be a great player to have, I believe we could still benefit greatly by having the ability to trade down and acquire more talent for the whole team. Great players get you far in the playoffs. Great TEAMS win Super Bowls.

3.) As a fan of this team, I deserve a win streak after what I endured this season even if it is too late for anything.

4.) A 3 game win streak will give the Texans their biggest streak ever and hey we all can go through the offseason saying we haven't lost and if you remember that Cleveland game then you know it set the tone for this season. Maybe a win streak will set a great tone for next season.

5.) I don't want my Christmas Eve to be all crummy because my team lost.

6.) Last but not least, I am a fan and I never say no to a win. There is no such thing as a good loss.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #2
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I know there are many that will disagree with me but I also know there are many that agree with me.

1.) It includes us taking a game on a division opponent and it will give us a two game lead on that team. Gotta take something from this season.

2.) Even though Reggie Bush would be a great player to have, I believe we could still benefit greatly by having the ability to trade down and acquire more talent for the whole team. Great players get you far in the playoffs. Great TEAMS win Super Bowls.

3.) As a fan of this team, I deserve a win streak after what I endured this season even if it is too late for anything.

4.) A 3 game win streak will give the Texans their biggest streak ever and hey we all can go through the offseason saying we haven't lost and if you remember that Cleveland game then you know it set the tone for this season. Maybe a win streak will set a great tone for next season.

6.) Last but not least, I am a fan and I never say no to a win. There is no such thing as a good loss.
1. I will never complain about beating the Jags.

2. Regarding Trading down...history shows it is a BAD idea and the bigger risk.

3. If you have seen the last 4 games you know that it is crazy that this team isn't riding a 4 game win streak.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't wanna make this thread about the draft but I really don't think anybody else is worth the #2 pick other than Leinart and I don't think we go for him.
Old 12-21-2005   #4
GoneTexan
Rookie

Winning is an attitude…. WINING ATTITUDE earns you RESPECT!
I agree “There is no such thing as a good loss” and let’s win the rest and use this as a momentum for respect through out the league. So during the 2006 draft… people will know & respect the TEXANS for playing to win (no matter what)!
GoneTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

1.) how about taking the first pick from this season.
2.) we could still trade down we would also recieve alot more from the first pick than any other pick
3.) How about a realy long streak next year instead of this year.
other than that I agree completly either way im happy.
I just hope we win both or loose both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #6
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

1. I want the Jags to win, so the Jags earn a playoff spot
2. I want get pay back from last year's losses..swept
3. I want our series to be 4-4..sweep you
4. I want you think about the Jags xmas morning
5. I want a good game and a continued rivalry
6. I want the Texans to become better next year, so we can run more smack.
7. I am a true Jags GO JAGS!!
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #7
big homey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
1. I will never complain about beating the Jags.

2. Regarding Trading down...history shows it is a BAD idea and the bigger risk.

3. If you have seen the last 4 games you know that it is crazy that this team isn't riding a 4 game win streak.
How is it that trading down hurt teams that did it before?
big homey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2005   #8
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by big homey
How is it that trading down hurt teams that did it before?
There was a whole other threads about it. Plus numberous articles.

Basically in the past trading one of the top few picks is a BAD idea. Because history shows that the "bunch" of picks you get in return, rarely does it turn out that many of those players work out long term. Where as franchise are built and championships are won often on by the people drafted with one of the top few draft picks.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Well that is all speculation anyhow on what we would do with the #2 pick. I just think we could benefit more from it. You might not trade for additional picks either.
Old 12-21-2005   #10
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I agree. Let the chips fall where they may. I don't exactly remember our #3 and #10 picks turning out too badly. So, I think we'll be fine in that range.

Besides, we are taking 5 of our family members to Saturday's game as Christmas presents. I'd like the Texans to play well for our personal entertainment purposes AND so we don't look like the worst gift-givers ever.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Amen, El Tejano. Specifically on the prospect of a three game win streak.
Old 12-21-2005   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Good points, El Tejano.

1) yep. Don't have much else to play for other than self-respect.

2) I agree about the draft. We have many needs that need to be addressed.

3) Any winning streak would be nice at this point, regardless of pointlessness

4) I agree about setting a tone for the off-season and next year. Ending this dismal season with a 3 game win streak - first in franchise history - would be a nice way to finalize the worst season of our team's short history.

5) yeah, me, too. But it's Christmas, and nothing, even a Texans loss, will diminish the good times. A win would just enhance them.

6) Always a fan.
Old 12-21-2005   #13
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini
1. I want the Jags to win, so the Jags earn a playoff spot
2. I want get pay back from last year's losses..swept
3. I want our series to be 4-4..sweep you
4. I want you think about the Jags xmas morning
5. I want a good game and a continued rivalry
6. I want the Texans to become better next year, so we can run more smack.
7. I am a true Jags GO JAGS!!
lol Do your thang, man. I on the other hand will be looking forward to the following:
1) To dash the Jags' playoff hopes
2) See #1
3) For the series to be 5-3 in favor of the Texans in our series.
4) I want you to think about the Texans on Xmas morning, and cheer up about the loss the Jags got the day before and say "maybe next year."
5 & 6 I'm in agreement on thiese two
7) I am a true Texans fan, that's for the team win or lose. B/c at some point this team will be a contender as well as a championship team.

Look forward to a good game Saturday, Mootini.
Old 12-21-2005   #14
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

uhh..no.
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #15
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

If we win the next two... and everyone else loses. What pick would we have?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #16
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Right on! Great post!
GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!

(that old feeling of getting excited to go to Reliant is starting to manifest itself again. Been absent for a better part of 3 months.)

Going out with a win streak will make planning All Colors and the Super Bowl Bash (if I do chose to do it again) so much easier. The love and dedication to the team is there, sure been missing the crazy enthusiam.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #17
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

I'm with you all the way. Lets win the next two games and go on top winners. I don't want Reggie Bush, I want a little respect. We have to send a message that we are all about winning, and winning these next two games will send that message into next season. Lying down and losing these last two games would just send a negative message to the players, incoming coaching staff, fans, and the rest of the NFL.
Old 12-22-2005   #18
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan
lol Do your thang, man. I on the other hand will be looking forward to the following:
1) To dash the Jags' playoff hopes
2) See #1
That's what I want to see. Crushing playoff hopes for the Kitties two years in a row would GREAT!!!

Even after this crappy season we would still have something to grin about.

Old 12-22-2005   #19
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I want the Texans to win for many of the reasons already stated. Probably one of the most important reasons is this. If they win two more games, then they will be in a great position to get a pass-blocking LT.
Old 12-22-2005   #20
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I want the Texans to win the next two games for a few reasons. Mainly for Pride.

Also if we keep the Jags from somehow making the playoffs again that would be good too.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read