Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-20-2005   #1
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rank the Super Bowls

On ESPN you can rank the Super Bowls from best to worst, and then they will air them in that order before the Super Bowl. http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...tranker?id=342

What are your Best and Worst Super Bowls?

For the cliche' about Super Bowls bieng bad, the last decade has had some of the best in my opinion.

(My list only has games from the past 15 or 16 years...I barely remember any Super Bowl past Super Bowl 20.)

My favorites:

1. Super Bowl 34: Titans lose on the one yard line
2. Super Bowl 38: Back and forth right to the end
3. Super Bowl 36: Patriots shock the Rams with last second FG
4. Super Bowl 25: Giants win when Buffalo misses FG
5. Super Bowl 23: Montana leads 49ers on long drive to beat Cincy

Others: Super Bowls 39, 32, 31, 30, 28

My least favorites:

1. Super Bowl 29: 49ers blow out Chargers
2. Super Bowl 24: 49ers embarass the Broncos
3. Super Bowl 27: Cowboys kill the Bills
4. Super Bowl 26: Redskins win a snoozer against the Bills
5. Super Bowl 33: Broncos beat the Falcons
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Super Bowl XIII - Steelers over Cowboys 35-31. It was the first repeat match up in a Bowl Game I believe. Jackie Smith missed a pass in the end zone and there was no one within 10 yards of him.
Old 12-20-2005   #3
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Yeah, the ball bounced off Jackie's chest -- it would have been his first catch of the year (I believe).
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005   #4
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Super Bowl XIII - Steelers over Cowboys 35-31. It was the first repeat match up in a Bowl Game I believe. Jackie Smith missed a pass in the end zone and there was no one within 10 yards of him.

I have the broadcast of that game on tape....and it's heart breaking to watch Jackie Smith drop that pass, even if you do hate the Cowboys.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005   #5
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Favorite teams:
1. Houston Texans
31. Dallas Cowboys
32. Pittsburgh Steelers

It is like waiting in line for 30 minutes to go to the bathroom after drinking a six-pack. That is how much I enjoy Steelers and Cowboys Super Bowls.
Old 12-20-2005   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
I have the broadcast of that game on tape....and it's heart breaking to watch Jackie Smith drop that pass, even if you do hate the Cowboys.

Roger Staubach took the blame for that pass being dropped. He said he didn't realize how open Jackie was and threw it too hard.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

The most underrated Super Bowl was the one between the Broncos and Packers. The game went back and forth. It seemed like neither team could establish much momentum. The game was tied and the Packers had the ball deep in their territory with about 2-3 minutes to go. Antonio Freeman dropped a pass over the middle. If he had caught that, it was 7. The Broncos took the lead late and Favre threw an INT to finish it. A great game with two great QB's.
Old 01-30-2006   #8
jim rome
Rookie

Default Panthers Vs. Patts

I think a far as being a good close game the super bowl in houston was great . I also think that the titans Vs Rams was an awsome foot ball game!
Old 01-30-2006   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Roger Staubach took the blame for that pass being dropped. He said he didn't realize how open Jackie was and threw it too hard.
Recievers are paid to catch the ball. He should have caught it.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #10
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

My personal favorites:

#1 was definitely XXXIV when the Titans come up a yard short.

#2 would be XXXII, Elway finally winning the big one.

#3 SB XXXVIII, great game in a great city in a great stadium. That was a great week here in H-town.

#4 XXXI, Favre winning one.

#5 XXX, Cowboys finally beating the freaking Steelers.

My memory only goes back to SB X. I suppose SB III was a great game. SB V was won in the last 5 seconds. X was a good game even though my team lost. XVI was a great game, even though I hated the 9ers and Mr. Perfect #16. I enjoyed 4 of the Cowboys 5 SB wins (XII, XXVII, XXVIII, and XXX). Have no memory of SB VI. And of course all 3 of the Patriots wins have been pretty good games (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX).

Worst SB for me:

1) XXIV, oh how I hate the 9ers.
2) XX, not only a skunker of a game, but the fact Sweetness didn't get to score a Super Bowl TD and the freaking Fridge did is just wrong.
3) XXIX, the most who cares Super Bowl ever.
4) XIII, Jackie Smith dropping a sure TD and being labeled the sickest man in America.
5) XVIII, didn't and still don't care for either one of those teams (Raiders/Redskins)

More stinkers/who cares/disappointments SB's;
XV, XXI, XXII, XXVI, XXXV

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #11
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
Can you still see that? When I look at any video older than 10 years it is hard to see...
Old 01-30-2006   #12
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

These certainly aren't the best SB's but they're my favorite...

1. Super Bowl XXVII - Return to the top.
2. Super Bowl XXVIII - Staying on top.
3. Super Bowl XXX - 3 in 4 years.
4. Super Bowl XXXIII - Elway wins his first.
5. Super Bowl XVIII - Raiders obliterate the Redskins.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read