Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Who Should the Texans Draft
Reggie Bush - RB USC 17 28.81%
Matt Leinhart - QB USC 0 0%
OT 34 57.63%
DL 1 1.69%
LB 7 11.86%
DB 0 0%
Another WR 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2005   #1
MikeMc
All Pro

Default Unofficial Texans Draft Poll

Who should the Texans draft?
Old 12-19-2005   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Reggie Freakin Bush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2005   #3
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMc
Who should the Texans draft?
AJ Hawk. We need another playmaker in the front seven. It's tight, though. OLine is a big, big need, however I think the early 2nd will have some excellent OLine talent this year, whereas the linebackers are likely to be gone.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #4
MikeMc
All Pro

I don't know about that (LBs gone)....the seniors alone give some very solid depth deep on Day1!

The first round will see about 8 LBs drafted, if not 10! Well, at least they are first rd quality, which means the 2nd rd could have some steals at the top!
Old 12-19-2005   #5
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't know about that (LBs gone)....the seniors alone give some very solid depth deep on Day1!

The first round will see about 8 LBs drafted, if not 10! Well, at least they are first rd quality, which means the 2nd rd could have some steals at the top!
Yeah, it is tight. There's a whole mess of OLine and LBers, I just figured the 7 or so LBs were more likely to get taken in the first than the 7 or so top-quality OL. It's a gamble either way.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

A hard hitting LB, someone that the other offense fears.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #7
MikeMc
All Pro

Wow, funny to see the amount that have voted for an OT instead of RB (Reggie Bush - wow, his initials are RB as in Running Back.....sort of like TOny Dorsett and TD! - now we must get him!!!)

I'd be happy with an OT or LB, or even better trade down and get an OT or LB....but not another RB or WR with 1st rd pick!
Old 12-19-2005   #8
real

Why not a RB? At some point we will need another offensive weapon to be succesful.... Why not Reggie, who is supposed to be one of the greatest in 20 Years ?
Old 12-19-2005   #9
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Had to go OT right now I am big on Eric Winston and Marcus Mcneil. Also big on second rounders Davin Joseph(I pray he last till then) and Jeremy Trueblood. would not mind seeing Howard from UTEP in here if we switch to a 4-3 and I could never argue with picking Mario Williams from N.C. State.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #10
MikeMc
All Pro

Quote:
Why not Reggie, who is supposed to be one of the greatest in 20 Years ?
In 20 years??? Are you talking about Bo Jackson?? Because there have been plenty of great ones since 1986. Who are you speaking of precisely? Barry Sanders (1989)? Thurmon Thomas (1988)? Emmitt Smith (1990)?? Marshall Faulk (1994)?? Jerome Bettis (1993)?

Who exactly? Just curious.

Thomas Howard would definately be a great pickup in the 2nd rd!

BTW, we do need some "weapons" on Offense, they just do not play WR, RB or QB.....and no TE is worthy of a top 5 pick. Are you guys forgetting that the game is won in the trenches??? The Texans have been getting manhandled at the LOS (especially on the Offensive side). Most of the time they look like they are playing roller derby out there!

LBs are deep (Hawk, Ryans, Greenway, Howard....all SRs!). OTs are not too shabby with the top being deep enough to get solid players in the 2nd AND third rounds!
Old 12-19-2005   #11
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In 20 years??? Are you talking about Bo Jackson?? Because there have been plenty of great ones since 1986. Who are you speaking of precisely? Barry Sanders (1989)? Thurmon Thomas (1988)? Emmitt Smith (1990)?? Marshall Faulk (1994)?? Jerome Bettis (1993)?

Who exactly? Just curious.

Thomas Howard would definately be a great pickup in the 2nd rd!

BTW, we do need some "weapons" on Offense, they just do not play WR, RB or QB.....and no TE is worthy of a top 5 pick. Are you guys forgetting that the game is won in the trenches??? The Texans have been getting manhandled at the LOS (especially on the Offensive side). Most of the time they look like they are playing roller derby out there!

LBs are deep (Hawk, Ryans, Greenway, Howard....all SRs!). OTs are not too shabby with the top being deep enough to get solid players in the 2nd AND third rounds!
no, the guys available then will not satisfy many fans for long as far as OT's go.

LB's that could drop: Brooks, Sims, Howard, Ryans, Lawson, Greenway.

DB's that could drop that we need: Huff, Allen, Landry, Simpson
Old 12-19-2005   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think that if we don't get the number one pick, we should trade down a few picks and draft Marcedes Lewis. A good TE can really help a struggling team and can be a good outlet for a quarterback with a struggling line. Look at how Antonio Gates has helped the Chargers. I'm not saying that Marcedes Lewis is going to be as dominant as Antonio Gates, but I think that he is going to be a great player and TE is one of our weakest positions.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

who should we draft? the bpa

we need playmakers on both sides & solid drafting of linemen in the early to middle rounds. Green Bay is just getting whacked I doubt they win another game this year. N.O. is in complete disaray & San Fran made a terrible choice drafting Smith cause there gonna be right back where they started. therefore I doubt Bush or Leinart will even be an option, which means linemen by default unless we change coaching & schemes and need a pass rushing defensive end like a Mario Williams. To everyone who complained we passed on Peppers well here's your chance.

my point is who should we draft depends on too many variables at this time to make an informed intelligent decision. when the regular season is finished in a couple more weeks, along with the bowls and early entrys then we should be able to anaylize the situation and come up with a unified choice
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #14
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 39107 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to make 20 accounts for the sake of voting for Bush in polls.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005   #15
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

vocal minority. for all of the draft bush posts littering these forums, he's yet to win any polls. that's good news to me.
Old 12-20-2005   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re
That does not surprise me with the avatar you are sporting. Integrity was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Old 12-20-2005   #17
MikeMc
All Pro

I think it has more to do with your IPO address, not your HT.com MB accts.

And yes, it would be better to wait until the deadline for early entrants to gage the draft, but that minor detail has not stopped all the Bush wanters!
Old 12-20-2005   #18
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re
We have enough of this going on already. Every week another 10-15 new users spring up and start duplicate threads over and over again about a particular view on issues, frequently restating word-for-word what has been posted in previous threads that had thankfully died out.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005   #19
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I think that if we don't get the number one pick, we should trade down a few picks and draft Marcedes Lewis. A good TE can really help a struggling team and can be a good outlet for a quarterback with a struggling line. Look at how Antonio Gates has helped the Chargers. I'm not saying that Marcedes Lewis is going to be as dominant as Antonio Gates, but I think that he is going to be a great player and TE is one of our weakest positions.
I sincerely hope we don't draft a TE in the first two rounds, much less the mid-first round.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005   #20
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01
AJ Hawk. We need another playmaker in the front seven. It's tight, though. OLine is a big, big need, however I think the early 2nd will have some excellent OLine talent this year, whereas the linebackers are likely to be gone.
I think that if we passed on DJ, a LOLB because he didnt fit the system, then pick up a LOLB with less "playmaking" ability, this could officially be called the worse organization ever. Add that with NOT drafting a lineman after yet another sack record is poised to fall...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read