Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2005   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What was your projection at the beginning of the year?

I thought we would be 8-8.
Old 12-19-2005   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I picked 8-8 as well, I might have streetched it to 9-7. I sure as hell did not foresee 2-12 at this point.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I thought we would be 8-8.
Over .500 - 9-7 with and outside shot at 10-6 if the everything fell right.

It didn't.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #4
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I said either 6-10 or 10-6 depending on the defense. What a crazy season...
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #5
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
I said either 6-10 or 10-6 depending on the defense. What a crazy season...
You covered about half the spectrum there - way to commit!
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I was hopelessly optimistic. I thought we would wrap up between 9-7 and 11-5. Somewhere in there based on injuries. I never saw this coming because I believed most everything the Texans told me. I won't be making that mistake again anytime soon.
Old 12-19-2005   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I said 6-10 or 7-9, and y'all slammed me for being a negative Nellie.

You see, unlike most of you, (and you know you are) I didn't see any sound reasons to have high expectations. But that's under the bridge.

I project 5-11 next year.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2005   #8
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I said 7-9 or 8-8.

Next year I really think things will improve and we can reach that again.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 49476 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

a conservative 8-8
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #10
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I said 9-7 with an outside chance at 10-6. Never, ever did I imagine 2-12 or even 4 - 12. Who knew? I think this team had best go at least 8-8 next year or McNair will be breathing fire and the fans will be ready to start "executing."
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #11
Paragon Blue
Veteran

9-7
Old 12-19-2005   #12
Frills
Veteran

Took the over on 7.5 wins...$5 down the tube
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #13
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I started to worry a little when we let go what I thought were good stable players so early on. We haven't had a TE to speak of since B Miller was let go, although Rivers has been somewhat productive as of resent. I still thought we'd be north of .500 though.
Texan Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #14
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

I said 9-7... maybe 10-6. I would of been happy with 8-8. Anything less is a sign of degressing which I didnt see happening at all. The loss of Glenn and Sharper had a far greater affect on our team than I expected.
Old 12-19-2005   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

An improvement was what I was hoping for, and this team seemed like they were on the right track to get better and better.

I was hoping for 8-8. Anything better than that would be icing.

Next year....who knows? With no idea of our coaching staff and which players will still be here, along with new faces, I'd say it would be optimistic to hope for 6-10.
Old 12-19-2005   #16
stevo3883
All Pro

8-8 pre buchanon

6-10 post buchanon
Old 12-19-2005   #17
Doom Capers
Veteran

9-7
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #18
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I had 9-7 and tied for 2nd place in the AFC South.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #19
SESupergenius

Looking at the schedule and the loss of veterans I predicted 5-11. I might be 1 shy, but I feel for the 9-7 guys. The same ones that ripped me for calling this out.
Old 12-19-2005   #20
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I thought 7-9 to 9-7.

Hey but at least I did predict that the Dolphins would win at least 7 games (on that prediction thread). Who else thought that before the season started?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read