Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who is Morgan?

Scooter

Funky
and why is the only thing creative that the Texans have done all season is find new ways to keep Wand & Armstrong off of the field?

He is the "Michael Jordan" of arena football - I hear (I dont watch it myself). I think he scored 57 TD's his last year in arena.

Texas_Thrill said:
Quincy Morgan. Cut by Cleveland and Dallas. Attitude problems....Yet he finds his way here?

Try Donovan Morgan, not Quincy. He is the guy Vinny just spoke of. From the Texans website:

Position: Wide Receiver
Height: 6-2
Weight: 187
College: Louisiana-Lafayette
Hometown: New Orleans, LA

Signed by the Texans as a free agent on 8/16/05…released on 9/3 before being signed to the practice squad the following day...played for the Tulsa Talons of the AFL2…led the league in regular season scoring with 57 touchdowns and had 1,687 yards receiving…allocated to NFL Europe by the New York Jets and selected in the 10th round of the Allocated Player Draft by the Frankfurt Galaxy...signed by the Jets on 6/16/04 before being waived on 2/22/05…played two seasons of college football, catching 26 passes for 253 yards and two touchdowns in 2001 at Louisiana-Lafayette before transferring to Pearl River (MS) Community College…had 51 receptions for 987 yards and seven scores at Pearl River in 2002 en route to earning Junior College All-America honors…led Pearl River to a 7-2 record...native of New Orleans, La., where he attended Sara Reed High School.

2005: Promoted to the 53-man roster after rookie center Drew Hodgdon was placed on IR with a foot injury (11/11)...inactive at Indianapolis (11/13), against Kansas City (11/20), against St. Louis (11/27)...

Texas_Thrill said:
Whoooooo. Thanks for clearing that one up for me. I thought we'd really lost our marbles for a second there.

There was a post around here somewhere (maybe AJ) that said Casserly referred to him as Quincy Morgan.

I think it's great that they are trying to see a little of what he can do. But where the heck was Armstrong and why was Bradford on the field at all? Aauugghhh!!!!

eriadoc said:
I think it's great that they are trying to see a little of what he can do. But where the heck was Armstrong and why was Bradford on the field at all? Aauugghhh!!!!

Armstrong was inactive. I've given my opinion why on other threads. The good thing for him (and the team) is that there is some film of him the last couple of years so his play can be reviewed by the next regime. Murphy was also inactive the past couple of games; if the next regime is interested in him they may have to keep him on the roster to evaluate him since there probably isn't enough film to do a fair job. Morency got a little bit of chance to show his skills yesterday too. Hopefully he won't be forgotten when Davis gets back.

IMO, it seems pretty clear that certain players can't get a fair shot because our coaching staff can't get past love for a veteran for a younger player. Bradford is a good example.

edo783 said:
IMO, it seems pretty clear that certain players can't get a fair shot because our coaching staff can't get past love for a veteran for a younger player. Bradford is a good example.

Ragone would be another.

edo783 said:

did you see that drop on that pass to the sideline? that was a warm up pass at best, no rout, not concentration needed...yet he still drops it.

I said the same thing when I saw him out there. Then I checked the program but still didnt know the info y'all have provided, thanks.

C'mon y'all have to remember Donovan Morgan. He was the guy who was about to be claimed by the Dolphins after the Texans released him in the last cutdowns on or about Sep 3 - I think he was actually claimed come to think of it. But because he was housing several family members here who were displaced by Katrina, Morgan petitioned the Dolphins not to claim him because his family couldn't take further disruption in their lives. The Phins granted his wish.

The Texans later re-signed him to the practice squad where he's been since being promoted to the 53 in early November. I seem to recall them giving him a little extra in his signing bonus to help him out. I've really been pulling for the guy ever since I heard that. It was good to see him get his first NFL reception yesterday.

One thing I remember from training camp is seeing him (and CC Brown) walk past me as they were heading onto the field and thinking "dang, that guy has some skinny legs." I'd be surprised if he was really 187 lbs...he kind of reminded me of Todd Pinkston (physically). Donovan and CC may have crossed paths at ULaLa but I've never checked on that.

And yes, Casserly called him Quincy Morgan last Friday morning on his radio hour.

Scooter said:
and why is the only thing creative that the Texans have done all season is find new ways to keep Wand & Armstrong off of the field?

The Armstrong situation is mind-boggling. The catches everything thrown his way.

Wand actually saw the field yesterday and checked in as an eligible receiver on the right side of the line. Of course they ran left so I'm not sure what the deal was on that play.

The knock on Armstrong is that he has trouble shedding press coverage. Don't ask me for a link, or who said it, but I recall hearing that very recently and I think it was a radio call in session - it may even have been Casserly who said it. When you're running an offense that's predicated on three step drops, the first few steps taken by the receiver are pretty important.

aj. said:
The knock on Armstrong is that he has trouble shedding press coverage. Don't ask me for a link, or who said it, but I recall hearing that very recently and I think it was a radio call in session - it may even have been Casserly who said it. When you're running an offense that's predicated on three step drops, the first few steps taken by the receiver are pretty important.

He can also catch it agaisnt good coverage though. His strengths and weakness seem to balance out.

the wonger need food said:
The Armstrong situation is mind-boggling. The catches everything thrown his way.

Wand actually saw the field yesterday and checked in as an eligible receiver on the right side of the line. Of course they ran left so I'm not sure what the deal was on that play.

Too bad the didn't try the Wand at tight end set on our failed 4th and 1 instead of garbage time.

I guess the rationale is if you have trouble getting past the initial chuck, you would have a hard time being in the required spot in the required number of seconds - especially if time is so precious to this passing game. He's made some great catches in coverage, yes, but the coaches must see something on Monday morning that they don't like.

aj. said:
I guess the rationale is if you have trouble getting past the initial chuck, you would have a hard time being in the required spot in the required number of seconds - especially if time is so precious to this passing game. He's made some great catches in coverage, yes, but the coaches must see something on Monday morning that they don't like.

Yes, Pendry!!!

eriadoc said:

My friends and I came to a consensus that Morgan was activated because he is supposed to have had experience returning punts before and since Davis had been Mathis' backup but he was injured they wanted to have an extra guy dressed out that could return punts in case something happened to Mathis. We couldn't figure out why Bradford was out there instead of Armstrong.

Back