Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2005   #1
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Question Dont Know if this has been brougt up but...

Rumors are jets head coach's job may be in jeopardy after the horrendous season they are having....

can anyone confirm this and what does everyone think about him coming to Houston to coach the Texans?? Where would he land on your coaching list?
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #2
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

rumor has been out for a while that he would end up in KC.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #3
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Not sure on this, but Herman Edwards would be pretty high on my coaching list. The guy is a good coach, Hell if he had a healthy QB he would be consideredd a damn good coach. WE PLAY THE GAME TO WIN
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think we need a guy like Herm. He doesn't have a problem with getting in a player's face and yelling at him if he screws up. He holds people accountable for their actions unlike some people.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #5
TomLandryFan
Rookie

Herm Edwards would be EXCELLENT. Dignified, composed, smart and tough. I think it would be the beginning of something good.
TomLandryFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #6
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
rumor has been out for a while that he would end up in KC.
Really??? Where did those rumors come from????
Does anyone have a clue as to what we would have to do to get him here?? How about his relationship/thoughts of either the texans or dan reeves????
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsfanatic
Really??? Where did those rumors come from????
Does anyone have a clue as to what we would have to do to get him here?? How about his relationship/thoughts of either the texans or dan reeves????
I have a feeling he would go to KC before coming here. He played for the Eagles when Dick vermeil coached them and he also worked for the Chiefs for 6 years in the early 90's at different positions.
Old 12-23-2005   #8
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

''You play to win the game!" - Gold.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't think he is coming here, but he is the type of guy that we need.
Old 12-23-2005   #10
Sportsfan
All Pro

Herm should definitely be on the top of McNair's list.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005   #11
djkennedy101
Rookie

Edwards would be a step up.....but I like Gary Kubiak....with Dan Reeves as the Gm......I can Dream can't I!?
Old 12-23-2005   #12
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Oh gosh GIVE ME EDWARDS!!!! We actually have a QB who can stay healthy. You know the man loves to RUN the ball and has a firey D.
Old 12-23-2005   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

New York would be fools to let him go this soon. Every coach has a bad season in his career, and injuries can make or break entire seasons.

He's led the Jets to winning seasons in three of his first four years, and went to back-to-back playoff berths in 2001 and 2002, and then again in 2004.

I'd love to have him as our HC. His style and press conferences would be something to look forward to, without a doubt.
Old 12-24-2005   #14
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

That would be awesome if Herm Edwards became the coach. But i've heard that he may take the KC job as well.
Old 12-24-2005   #15
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkennedy101
Edwards would be a step up.....but I like Gary Kubiak....with Dan Reeves as the Gm......I can Dream can't I!?

I'm having the same dream.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005   #16
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher
I'm having the same dream.
Must be something going around, because I have it also.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read