Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-18-2005   #1
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Are We Crazy???

Yes, Sorry Texan fans, but the Pittbull has made his return and with much bite! Are the Texans serious? Are they really trying to win. I for one think Reggies Bush is the best player to come out in the draft......Pick him! I don't care if we keep him or trade him, but that #1 pick has alot of bargining power!!! As soon as you drop to #2, your power lowers tremendously. Every team knows we won't take Leinhart. Therefore, here comes a lineman from Virginia that is never a sure thing. Ask the Raiders and Gallery with the #2 pick. He hasn't anchored their line yet. Come on' The Cards loosing to the Texans. All that offensive power. Their tankin'. So are the Jets, and others. What are we thinking. If you don't go to the playoffs, prepare for the enxt season. Our whole 2006 season is going up in flames in 2005!!!! Put Wells on the benchm Carr on the bench. I love my team too much to watch them throw away the 2006 draft opportunity. Come on 49ers!!!! Just win baby!
Old 12-18-2005   #2
supertankman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
Yes, Sorry Texan fans, but the Pittbull has made his return and with much bite! Are the Texans serious? Are they really trying to win. I for one think Reggies Bush is the best player to come out in the draft......Pick him! I don't care if we keep him or trade him, but that #1 pick has alot of bargining power!!! As soon as you drop to #2, your power lowers tremendously. Every team knows we won't take Leinhart. Therefore, here comes a lineman from Virginia that is never a sure thing. Ask the Raiders and Gallery with the #2 pick. He hasn't anchored their line yet. Come on' The Cards loosing to the Texans. All that offensive power. Their tankin'. So are the Jets, and others. What are we thinking. If you don't go to the playoffs, prepare for the enxt season. Our whole 2006 season is going up in flames in 2005!!!! Put Wells on the benchm Carr on the bench. I love my team too much to watch them throw away the 2006 draft opportunity. Come on 49ers!!!! Just win baby!

I have been saying it to my wife all week, "watch babe, they will win today and next week loosing the top draft pick"
supertankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #3
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby

I dont usually reply to these posts, but I will make a short reply now.

True fans cheer for their team to win each game. This is Houston Football. Winning is more important than any pick or anuthing.

Im sure any true fan will agree with me. Grow up.
Old 12-18-2005   #4
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansAllTheWayBaby

True fans cheer for their team to win each game. This is Houston Football. Winning is more important than any pick or anuthing.

ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #5
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Well the way Dunta decided to play TOUCH football instead of tackling Boldin on that touchdown made ya think they were playing for the loss.

I am proud they dont quit, that is never an option, and if anyone think JUST Reggie Bush is going to help this team when so many KNOW that this team is and has been for 4 years in desperate need of an O-line is just crazy.

IS Reggie nice, sure, in college but at his size and the NFL Season, good luck on Durability. All in all we dont know.

Keep it up Texans, some people are quitters and some people have Honor and fight no matter what.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #6
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

I think it was Howie Long that said "yes the Texans are playing their best because REEVES is evaluating them"

guys they are playing for their jobs what do you expect.
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

There is literally nothing we won't lose this year. Even if we have to win to do it.

No big deal though. The Texans are going to do whatever the Texans are going to do. I don't care anymore. Draft somebody in the top ten, hire somebody to coach (and maybe somebody else to GM) and I'll get back to caring about what they do then.

For now this is like watching a Bowl game to me where I don't care all that much one way or the other about the teams involved. Just watching some football.
Old 12-18-2005   #8
SESupergenius

You play to win games, not to win the lottery. Having the worst record gives you the right to make the 1st pick. I'd rather have a better record ANY day.
Old 12-18-2005   #9
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

I think one quote a couple of years ago sumeraizes it best.

"You play to win the game"--Herm Edwards, 2003

Its always amazing to see teams that have their backs to the wall with rumors floating around about the head coach being fired, players being released, a new direction for the team, and they come out and play their best ever. Much like the Browns last year. Thats whats happening to the Texans today, and we are getting a glimpse of what this season "Could have been."
Old 12-18-2005   #10
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansAllTheWayBaby

ROFL! You gotta be kidding me? Did you have your Boyscout uniform on when you posted this? Get real, and quit telling folks what a true fan is, we can counter your arguments all day long with what's better for this team. Please, next person that even thinks about questioning another fans allegiance, grab a rusty razorblade and go to work
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #11
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

stop with the name calling
Old 12-18-2005   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of you could use words of wisdom from Vince Lombardi, "Winning isn't everything, it is the only thing."
Old 12-18-2005   #13
God of Wine

I want to draft Reggie but not to lose on purpose to do it. I'm glad we won today. I just wished we coud have played better in the second half. If we lose the Bush to winning games I'm all for winning. We can pick the BPA after Bush if we need to. Don't get me wrong I would love to have Reggie but I want to win out and beat Jacksonville this week!!!!! I want to finish the year on a high note and build for next year.

If we beat Jacksonville next week, it would may this season better.

Old 12-18-2005   #14
Soupafly
Rookie

It's not Madden your playing here. All these guys have jobs to worry about. The team has to worry about winning games to keep people in the seats. If Football teams tossed in the towl after being out of the playoff race it would mean the end of football for me. It's a 16 game season, you want to see your team quit after losing 6 games since they likely won't make the playoffs? That's the reason I don't watch baseball anymore.

I can't believe I got suckered into this one...:brickwall
Soupafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Is 2-14 much better than 1-15? Listen, I understand that you shouldn't be rooting against your own team, but a meaningless win isn't going to help us at all. We are still going to be one of the worst teams in the league. We are still going to have a new coaching staff. We are still going to have a lot of holes in our team. If getting the #1 pick involves getting Reggie Bush or the players that we will receive from him in a trade over getting the 6th pick and getting a lesser talent or less of a trade, then I would rather lose. If we win one or two more games, no one is going to look back and say that we weren't that bad and are now playoff contenders.

You are concerned with short term goals, and I am concerned with long term goals. I believe that getting the #1 pick will be a great addition to this team because we are not as bad as our record. I know a lot of you hate comparing football and basketball, but look at what happened with the Spurs. They had an off year, picked up Tim Duncan with the first pick, and then became perennial championship contenders. I'm not saying that next year we will be in the Super Bowl if we get Reggie Bush or the players from trading him, but we could be a contender in a few years.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Wine
I want to draft Reggie but not to lose on purpose to do it. I'm glad we won today. I just wished we coud have played better in the second half. If we lose the Bush to winning games I'm all for winning. We can pick the BPA after Bush if we need to. Don't get me wrong I would love to have Reggie but I want to win out and beat Jacksonville this week!!!!! I want to finish the year on a high note and build for next year.

If we beat Jacksonville next week, it would may this season better.

I agree. I was rooting for the Niners today as I enjoyed watching our team win for only the second time this year. We had some guys get some important playing time which will provide them the necessary confidence that is so important in player development (except for Carr).
Old 12-18-2005   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Is 2-14 much better than 1-15? Listen, I understand that you shouldn't be rooting against your own team, but a meaningless win isn't going to help us at all. We are still going to be one of the worst teams in the league. We are still going to have a new coaching staff. We are still going to have a lot of holes in our team. If getting the #1 pick involves getting Reggie Bush or the players that we will receive from him in a trade over getting the 6th pick and getting a lesser talent or less of a trade, then I would rather lose. If we win one or two more games, no one is going to look back and say that we weren't that bad and are now playoff contenders.

You are concerned with short term goals, and I am concerned with long term goals. I believe that getting the #1 pick will be a great addition to this team because we are not as bad as our record. I know a lot of you hate comparing football and basketball, but look at what happened with the Spurs. They had an off year, picked up Tim Duncan with the first pick, and then became perennial championship contenders. I'm not saying that next year we will be in the Super Bowl if we get Reggie Bush or the players from trading him, but we could be a contender in a few years.
I usually do not say this, but you are wrong. They did not lose to get Duncan, there is a lottery and although they had more opportunity with having the worst record, there is still risk. Moreover, player development is a huge component no matter if you are 13-0 or 1-12. You only get 16 games of NFL competition and you use every game possible. There is no substitute for live snaps.
Old 12-18-2005   #18
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan

Exactly my point! The Holier than thou opinions of some of our posters here amazes me. I'm willing to concede to a point, but to win to lose? I don't grasp that concept. We have in our hands if we lose the next two games, potentially the most valuable #1 draft pick in years. What the team decides to do with that is a debateable matter, but to debate finishing in second or third place in this draft is ludicrous, and more than assinine. Wins will accomplish nothing other than giving you a short term good feeling about a very bad football team. Hats off to ya boys, but I'm not willing to settle for nothing but the best for this team, and I believe we have that first in foremost in our owner. The rest are just pawns we move about a board to achieve the results that put FANS in the seats
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #19
NinerPheen
Rookie

I agree with you guys, grow up dude, true fans dont root for their team to lose. GO TEXANS, takin out jacksonville next week.

^^^3 week Texan fan.

Reggie, Reggie, Reggie!!!!
NinerPheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #20
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I usually do not say this, but you are wrong. They did not lose to get Duncan, there is a lottery and although they had more opportunity with having the worst record, there is still risk. Moreover, player development is a huge component no matter if you are 13-0 or 1-12. You only get 16 games of NFL competition and you use every game possible. There is no substitute for live snaps.
I never said that they lost to get Tim Duncan. If I did, please point it out to me. I simply said that they had an off year (which they did), received the number one pick, selected Tim Duncan, and became a perennial contender. I realize that basketball and football are very different. But there are some similarities, and there are no other sports that are even close. I guess maybe soccer but I don't know anything about soccer. I'm a little confused on your whole argument about only 16 games of NFL competition because I have never said that we should bench our starters and completely fold. I have just said that I would prefer us to get the #1 pick and wouldn't be upset when we lost games because these games are irrelevant.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read