Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2005   #1
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Jimmy on Fox

JB asked Jimmy Johnson point blank if he would fire Charley Casserly and he refused to answer. He was kind of implying that the problem is Casserly though by stressing that a good coach in Dom Capers is most likely going to be fired and that he believes that the talent is marginal. But he wouldn't answer directly what he would do if he was in McNair's position.

Then Howie chimed in and said that Jimmy is the only person that he would want to evaluate talent in the league.

This was a very akward segment and Jimmy Johnson did not look to comfortable answering questions about the Texans.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Everyone seems to have Capers back. How would you all feel if Casserly is gone and Capers stays (yes highly unlikely).
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #3
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Do you think people will freak out

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
JB asked Jimmy Johnson point blank if he would fire Charley Casserly and he refused to answer. He was kind of implying that the problem is Casserly though by stressing that a good coach in Dom Capers is most likely going to be fired and that he believes that the talent is marginal. But he wouldn't answer directly what he would do if he was in McNair's position.

Then Howie chimed in and said that Jimmy is the only person that he would want to evaluate talent in the league.

This was a very akward segment and Jimmy Johnson did not look to comfortable answering questions about the Texans.
Totally unfounded speculation, but I wonder what the fans reaction will be if McNair decides to fire Casserly and keep Capers with some changes to the assistants on his staff.

If Reeves preaches a ball controll offense similar to what Capers has been trying to do for the last 4 seasons, I wonder what he will be telling McNair about the HC's philosophy.

Then you have JJ presumably telling McNair that Dom is a good coach.

feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #4
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
Everyone seems to have Capers back. How would you all feel if Casserly is gone and Capers stays (yes highly unlikely).
Beat me to it LOL
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't hear Jimmy today but he's probably tired of being asked about coaching the Texans..they went over all that yesterday on the Saturday show and after awhile when you repeat yourself over and over it's gets annoying. Even when you're paid millions to talk it's still annoying.

And after all I've read from fans on this board and others; people that pay to see the Texans and buy all the shirts and spend money tailgating and going to out of town games I would say if Dom stays there will be plenty of unhappy fans. Even if they win a few more games I still think people want him gone.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #6
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:

I myself would be happy b/c i still have faith in Dom, but your right its unfortunate Dom is probably gonna be the one thats gone for sure.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #7
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

i wouldnt mind dom staying but we bring in tom moore from indianapolis to do all the coaching and dom can sit and watch.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2005   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ just made a comment that Wade Phillips should be a HC candidate for the Texans next season. His defense did shut down Manning and company today. BTW, I thought Wade Phillips was a 3-4 guy, I noticed the Chargers play 4 men on the D line.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
JJ just made a comment that Wade Phillips should be a HC candidate for the Texans next season. His defense did shut down Manning and company today. BTW, I thought Wade Phillips was a 3-4 guy, I noticed the Chargers play 4 men on the D line.
They play both.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #10
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
They shut down Manning to the tune of 324 yds....
Old 12-18-2005   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Most football fans of teams that are having a bad season want the head coach fired, whether he deserves to be fired or not. It's simply an unwritten, unspoken tradition that is expected to be followed in order in order to give the frustrated, unhappy fan a sense of closure . . like burying the dead.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #12
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

I am of the opinion that Capers is a good DC and an average HC. He is a stand up guy and loyal to a fault, but he has lost alot of games. A coach with his record would be fired so he should be fired. Casserly and Fangio should see the door first though.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #13
Erratic Assassin
All Pro

Rep Power: 13 Erratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
He was kind of implying that the problem is Casserly though by stressing that a good coach in Dom Capers is most likely going to be fired and that he believes that the talent is marginal.
Completely agree with JJ. Casserly gave Capers nothing to work with.
Erratic Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #14
Htown34s
Veteran

Capers was never the coach of the future. It was almost a non-spoken truth that Capers was brought in to build the team, and that he would be replaced in 4 years unless we made the playoffs.

Capers has never done it for me. I just don't agree with his coaching philosophy. They should both be gone IMO.
Old 12-18-2005   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

As nice of a man as Capers it is time for him to move on and continue his career at what he does best, DC. We need to move on to the next chapter of Texan's history.
Old 12-18-2005   #16
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

If we brought in a new GM, and a very talented DC and OC.. id be fine with keeping Capers.

Id really like Phillips though.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #17
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown34s
Capers was never the coach of the future. It was almost a non-spoken truth that Capers was brought in to build the team, and that he would be replaced in 4 years unless we made the playoffs.

Capers has never done it for me. I just don't agree with his coaching philosophy. They should both be gone IMO.
If this is even close to the truth, then the organization was doomed from the word go. No reason to hire a coach that you don't think build and run the organization once it starts to become successful.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #18
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
I am of the opinion that Capers is a good DC and an average HC. He is a stand up guy and loyal to a fault, but he has lost alot of games. A coach with his record would be fired so he should be fired. Casserly and Fangio should see the door first though.
Definitely! Don't forget Pendry! I think JJ and folks like him stand up for Capers because he is such a nice guy - no one ever said he wasn't. He might even be a good HC....somewhere else. I'm not sure the fans will be happy if either Casserly or Capers stays, unless a miracle happens and we make the playoffs next year. Unfortunately, or not, I don't think McNair has a choice - everyone has to go from Casserly on down. I would love to see Reeves as GM and Phillips as HC plus an awesome OC from anywhere.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #19
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Fangio should have never been let in

Last edited by Goldeagle; 12-19-2005 at 12:07 AM.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #20
Jimpster
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown34s
Steve in Austin
><><><><><
~Campbell ~Olajuwon ~Ryan...who's next?
~Vernand Morency?

Last edited by Jimpster; 12-18-2005 at 07:42 PM.
Jimpster is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read