Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2005   #1
Jimpster
Rookie

Default Reggie Bush = Monday Night Football?

If the Texans draft Reggie Bush, do you think the NFL would schedule Houston to play at least one Monday Night Football game next season? Even with the worst record in the NFL this year, Reggie would draw a lot of media attention to the Texans. Maybe MNF would want to showcase his talent. After four years in the league, it's about time we get a MNF game. In the past four seasons, Green Bay has played in or is scheduled to play twelve Monday Night Football games. Houston can't even get one game. Where's the justice? Is anyone else besides myself tired of hearing the name Brett Favre or Al Harris?
Jimpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

You have to earn a MNF game, bringing Bush here would not get us a MNF game, I doubt we even have any Sunday night games next season...
Old 12-17-2005   #3
profan
Veteran

Nooooooooo Way! With the way we played this year, all of our games next year will be at 12:00. This team is nowhere near prime time.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #4
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

MNF on ESPN? no thanks...
Old 12-17-2005   #5
samomin
Veteran

Default Dreaming

At Dallas on Thanksgiving, boy that would be nice.
Old 12-17-2005   #6
TSgt.Texan
Rookie

Default Mnf

We are luck they don't move our games to Saturday!!
TSgt.Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #7
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, I believe the format for next year's MNF is different. They will only pre-schedule the first half of the season's games and make the call on the second portion later during the season. I think that was part of ESPN's deal -not to get stuck with garbage games later in the year. That being said, still no MNF for us next year.
houstonhurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2005   #8
Jimpster
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSgt.Texan
We are luck they don't move our games to Saturday!!
Good one. Maybe we could have a game called the Houston Shootout. ie: Texans vs UofH Cougars.
Jimpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #9
TexansJunkE
Veteran

have if SF had a game on sunday night, why shouldn't we. I'm sick of the favortism that the madia has towards some teams, even if their record is worst than ours, we still don't get MNF.
TexansJunkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #10
God of Wine

We are already in off season talk. It is gonna make for a loooong off season.

That being said if we don't get one the Packers shouldn't get one either.
Old 12-17-2005   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish we deserved a MNF appearance. I would love to see that, but like some of the others have said we have not earned it.

And after blowing 2 Sunday night games this year I don't see it happening. I would really like to see us make the kind of improvement it would take to get the invite. For now, we have lot of work to do this offseason just to get back to being a "middle of the pack" type of team.

But....one of these days.....
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #12
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

I think it is a big mistake to change the MNF to ESPN and move Sunday night games to ABC. But we will see.

But agree with the rest, no matter who we pick up in the draft and free agency and coaching changes, we have to earn it. Personally, I don't want my team on Sunday or Monday night until we get good again. It was flat embarrassing to get blown out in our only 2 night games this season. My guess is allot of people found something else to do instead of watching football those 2 nights.

And I still think CBS needs to fire Sharper and ESPN needs to fire Irvin. Anyone else?
Old 12-17-2005   #13
TexHorns
Veteran

Reggie Bush does not equal Monday Night Football Because after we stink it the first time they will learn their lesson. Wins= MNF and we wont be good enough to win with just adding Bush.
TexHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #14
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

As far as I'm concerned, screw MNF and ESPN. Houston teams have been snubbed before, and I don't think Reggie Bush is going to have them change their minds.

I hope the team is much improved and has a winning record next season - it could happen. Our time is coming. Whether Reggie Bush is in a Texans uniform or not, our time is coming.
Old 12-17-2005   #15
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

San Francisco i think even got a MNF game this season.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #16
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedtexansfan513
San Francisco i think even got a MNF game this season.
No, SF did NOT have a MNF game this year.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #17
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

They had a Sunday night game when they played against the Cardinals in Mexico City.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #18
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

MNF No way the nfl would loose money even with a dinamic Rb in bush who would want to see us we have a poor offense and im being kind we have a tim couch in the makings at QB. our defense sucks our o-line is the biggest joke next to the atlanta hawks. it wil take at least three years to get a monday night game.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #19
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

who cares i read MNF is no longer on ABC.. i heard its on ESPN
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #20
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Monday Night Football is on ESPN and Sunday Night Football is on NBC.

The games on NBC will be scheduled so that games later in the season can be moved to prime time. The games on ESPN will not.

I think the NBC game will be harder to get on. If we have Bush, I could see us maybe sneaking in on an ESPN game, against the Cowboys probably. If we don't have Bush, we have no chance.

BUT....if we somehow turn this thing around next year and make a miracle push for the playoffs, there's no reason we couldn't make it on the NBC game since they will schedule those later in the season.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read