Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-17-2005   #1
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default Aaron Rodgers at QB, when will we see him?

GB is hurting for sure. Last year they drafted QB Aaron Rodgers, whom I thought was better than Alex Smith that SF took. Am I the only one that thinks Aaron Rodgers will be the starter at Gb next year or will he get traded away or what?
Old 12-17-2005   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
GB is hurting for sure. Last year they drafted QB Aaron Rodgers, whom I thought was better than Alex Smith that SF took. Am I the only one that thinks Aaron Rodgers will be the starter at Gb next year or will he get traded away or what?
If Brett comes back, he holds the clipboard, if not he plays. About that simple IMO. I'm seeing some good things being said about him and how well he is learning under Brett. GB lucked out BIG time IMO when Rogers dropped that far, otherwise they would be up the creek looking for Brett's replacement.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #3
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I don't think he starts next year. I mean McNair sat the bench for what 2 years for us? The kid will be fine. Smith might end up being a SYSTEM qb.
Old 12-20-2005   #4
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

I thought Aaron Rodgers didn't look too bad in the few opportunities he got against Baltimore. Sure he didn't like an instant replacement, but he didn't look as bad as I thought he may for a guy who had only made 1 snap so far all year. I'd rather take him over Alex Smith only from some highlights (or lowlights depending how you look at it) I have seen of Smith.
Old 12-20-2005   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
They are talking about sending him to NFLe.....that's not a good sign for a first round guy but I was never big on him to begin with.
I wonder if the same fate awaits Ragone again as well
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005   #6
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Favre's gonna be playing until they ban him from the NFL.

NFLe may be the only chance at gametime reps that Rodgers will ever get to see.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005   #7
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

That wasn't Rodgers. It was merely a clone created by the Wisconsin State R&D Department.
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2005   #8
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re
That wasn't Rodgers. It was merely a clone created by the Wisconsin State R&D Department.
I'm not sure it was Favre either. He was lucky to escape with only 2 picks. There were at least 2 other sure INTs that Baltimore dropped. My favorite was the one where Favre hit Ed Reed in the numbers, a full 5 yards from his intended target, Donald Driver.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005   #9
gg no re
iggnorent

No, that was pretty much Favre.

You can tell if it's a legit Favre if he throws 5 TDs and/or 5 INTs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read