Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-15-2005   #1
The.Houston.Titans
Rookie

Default Keep Kailee Wong?

Haven't really heard much about him, especially since his injury. Would you like to see him return next year? He's not a great linebacker but I still think he's decent. He did sign a four year contract extension, was it worth it for the Texans?

Last edited by The.Houston.Titans; 12-15-2005 at 10:49 PM.
The.Houston.Titans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Because of finances, the team may not have any choice.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005   #3
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Wong is a nice linebacker, but I don't think we could figure on him being part of the picture until we determine who the head coach and GM are. Undoubtedly, a new regime will bring in a new scheme, probably a 4-3, and that means that many of our LB's are going to need to be evaluated.

I am positive about Orr's progress of late and don't think Babin is a great fit in a 4-3 (after the way he has been playing, a 3-4 either). Peek has great energy but really has cost the team a lot with his fiery temper. He squandered a great opportunity in my mind this year to solidify his place in teh future LB corp. Good talent though.

Peek, Greenwood and Orr would fit in a 4-3, but I don't think there is enough playmaking ability there. Wouldn't mind seeing a 2nd round pick.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005   #4
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson
Wong is a nice linebacker, but I don't think we could figure on him being part of the picture until we determine who the head coach and GM are. Undoubtedly, a new regime will bring in a new scheme, probably a 4-3, and that means that many of our LB's are going to need to be evaluated.

I am positive about Orr's progress of late and don't think Babin is a great fit in a 4-3 (after the way he has been playing, a 3-4 either). Peek has great energy but really has cost the team a lot with his fiery temper. He squandered a great opportunity in my mind this year to solidify his place in teh future LB corp. Good talent though.

Peek, Greenwood and Orr would fit in a 4-3, but I don't think there is enough playmaking ability there. Wouldn't mind seeing a 2nd round pick.
I dont know where u get the idea we are changing to the 4-3. Until we find an DC that runs it.. its just speculation
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson

Even if we did go to a 4-3 defense, Wong played LB in the 4-3 for Minnesota before he came here, and in his last 2 years with Minnesota he had 211 tackles, 5 sacks, 3 INT's, 8 passes defended, and one touchdown.

Last edited by texan279; 12-15-2005 at 11:25 PM.
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Wong might not be a "great" lb, but he is a veteran player and probably our most versatile lb. I would like to see him return.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we let Wong go, I promise you all he will go somewhere else and kick ***. You think other guys have left here and done better somewhere else? Just wait. Apparently, he's not a good ILB in the 3-4. That's about all he's not.

I would put him back at OLB and bench Peek or Babin.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2005   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
If we let Wong go, I promise you all he will go somewhere else and kick ***. You think other guys have left here and done better somewhere else? Just wait. Apparently, he's not a good ILB in the 3-4. That's about all he's not.

What do you think of the idea of putting Babin at Wongs ILB spot and Wong at Babin's OLB spot? Or at least trying it out...
Old 12-16-2005   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Agreed. As far as evaluating players this year, I'm willing to sweep the whole year under the rug, because every player has had a bad year. Go back to last year, if Wong just had a couple of more sacks he would of been a serious contender for the probowl. He was amonst the league leaders in ints for lbs. He is a solid player and like I said before our most versatile and possibly our smartest lb.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
What do you think of the idea of putting Babin at Wongs ILB spot and Wong at Babin's OLB spot? Or at least trying it out...
No idea. I'd GUESS that Babin would suck at ILB, but that's just my guess. Every LB we have may be better than what they've shown this year. I can't wait to get new coaches.
Old 12-16-2005   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No idea. I'd GUESS that Babin would suck at ILB, but that's just my guess. Every LB we have may be better than what they've shown this year. I can't wait to get new coaches.
I was kind of thinking along those lines too, but then started thinking about how promising Babin's rookie season was and how much better our defense was last season compared to this season. I like you cannot wait for the arrival of new coaches. IMO our defense is much better than what we have seen this season.
Old 12-16-2005   #12
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Wong is easily the best overall LB we have and until his injury he was the leader and field general of the defense. Because of his contract it would be difficult to release or trade him this coming season, and with his leadership and solid skills (not great, but probably above average for the NFL and the best we currently have) he definitely stays.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe Babin's spin move will work better on the inside.
Old 12-16-2005   #14
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Wong was the leader of defense. Capers was lost after his field general was injured. Wong is far better than some of you think. He made the defensive calls. He's just not a high profile player.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Wong is easily the best overall LB we have and until his injury he was the leader and field general of the defense. Because of his contract it would be difficult to release or trade him this coming season, and with his leadership and solid skills (not great, but probably above average for the NFL and the best we currently have) he definitely stays.

I agree, he is a leader on this team. The defense is much better with him, he is a good LB and an intelligent one. I think (and hope) he stays.

Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #16
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Mork is right, unfortunately Will witherspoon may be available in FA, damn Greenwood is just in the way.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #17
sax_49
Rookie

I think pretty much the whole team IMO has lost confidence in the whole coaching staff. I don't think any of the players will ever say that publicly. I don't know if Carr should get his 8 Mil bonus, but I'm not ready to throw him under the team bus and run over him either. He needs a good QB coach to set him down and show him where he can improve. They can't keep getting rid of veteran players so I say keep Wong.
sax_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #18
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Houston.Titans
Haven't really heard much about him, especially since his injury. Would you like to see him return next year? He's not a great linebacker but I still think he's decent. He did sign a four year contract extension, was it worth it for the Texans?
No, I never thought he was worth a darn, and I dont know why the Texans did not give that money to our only legit LB, Jamie Sharper.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Jamie Sharper wanted out. He saw where this coaching staff was headed.
Old 12-16-2005   #20
angeltexus
Rookie

Wong is WRONG!! for this team. This guy could not tackle, get free from lineman, catch any runner from behind and his fire has burned out. No one in the NFL fears him and before he got injured played as pathetic as Greenwood. Its because of players like him that we have stunk this place up, not to mention Payne, Coleman, Babin, Phillip, and Robaire. To give Wong another year is like giving Capers one as well. Not!!
angeltexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read