Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Reggie Bush or Vince Young
Reggie Bush 25 80.65%
Vince Young 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2005   #1
CyberTexan
Veteran

Default Who would you Pick ?

If both Players decided to enter the draft Reggie Bush and Vince Young and the Texans had the first pick who would you take ?
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005   #2
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

where is the vote for trade down? But if i had a choice of those 2 i would go young
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005   #3
Tayton
Veteran

Same as 2 months ago, Reggie Bush.
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005   #4
bigcarlos
Veteran

Vince
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #5
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Vince will come out .... especially after USC completely schlacks them in the Rose Bowl .... hehe ...
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #6
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

If I were running a team and needed both a franchise QB and franchise RB to build around, 9/10 times I'd pick the QB, but this would be the one time I don't. I don't think Vince is a franchise-QB quality player. Bush is never going to rush for 1700 yards in a season but he could get 2000 yards from scrimmage with the proper team around him, so in this case I'd draft Bush. I would probably pick Adrian Peterson over Bush though to be my franchise RB but I'd have to see how the two of them compare in workouts, either way Peterson isn't part of this poll and he can't come out this year, so if I needed both a RB and QB and was choosing between Bush and Young, I'd take Bush. If I were in the Texans' current position I wouldn't pick either of them though.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #7
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Again I'd prefer to trade down if I could get fair value for the pick, but if forced to pick between the two I'd pick Bush. He's a great talent, and I won't be upset at all if he ends up a Texan. Of course I'd also be happy if we traded the pick, and managed to pick up some quality players with the picks obtained.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2005   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Out of the 2, Bush.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
I don't think Vince will come out .... especially after USC completely schlacks them in the Rose Bowl .... hehe ...

Enjoy the crow ?

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #10
LongBignasty1
Veteran

UT 41 - USC 38 Vince Young shows up the last two Heisman winners to put an exclamation point on a superb career and 26 out of 31 want Bush. Show your love for the new Texans QB.

Last edited by LongBignasty1; 01-09-2006 at 07:10 PM.
LongBignasty1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read