Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-15-2005   #1
CardsFan
Rookie

Default You guys wanna trade coaches?

What do you all think of Denny Green and the Arizona Cardinals?
CardsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005   #2
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

I think Green is a good coach, but he needs a great DC to make him look good. He is one of those guys that can have players in his system put up numbers, but you guys dont have the OL to really run his system properly. JJ is the type of back you need, your two WR are awsome, you could send us Bryant Johnson if you want. Your OL is suspect and your defensive secondary is horrible other than Adrian Wilson.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Think Chris Farley

I like the fat man in a little red jacket. He is a good coach.
Old 12-15-2005   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Green is one of those guys that players will play for. AND, he is good at strategy and knowing when to go with his gut (no pun intended).

I loved the Vikes when he was with them, and when Billick left Minnesota...it was pretty clear that the whole coaching staff was ready to get out. Dennis was the kind of guy who would have played Brad Johnson from the first day of the reg season if he felt it would help the team, and Tice is doing it only because of Culpepper injury made him do it. So, in that regard...Green is a heck of a lot better at seeing the horizon than most other caoches. Playing Warner is a prime example. The guy is NOT what he was, but he still is able to string together some pretty nice games. Green isn't afraid to tinker with things, even in the face of scrutiny. Our coach (Capers) is just beyond that sort of mentality. Green would have thrown Ragone or Banks in there at this point or even in the first week or two of the season when it needed to be done.

Your WR tandem is AWESOME. I know that Phoenix is not really a hot spot for NFL, but you guys are a lot better than the record shows.

Don't worry about us winning...we will FIND a way to lose it if we dare get into position to win it.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149996 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

No , you can keep him

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005   #6
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

I heard he wanted out of Arizona, so yall can keep him.
Old 12-16-2005   #7
CardsFan
Rookie

There's been some frustration here with "King Chili Dog" Dennis Green...I think the smugness gets to a lot of people...We're thinking this might be Buddy Ryan 2.0....But believe it or not, The Cardinals are getting better! Overall, DG is turning the AZ Cardinals around...Who do Texans fans want for coach? Is Coach Reeves what you got next year?
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2005   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I don't know much about Dennis Green, but I read somewhere that he has a much better record with McCown starting than he does with anyone else, yet he seems to dislike McCown or something. It's a little odd that he doesn't give the guy a serious shot at the position.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149996 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly , I dont want a "Re-tread" ....give me a fresh face with fresh idea's , not someone who has been fired by team -X

There are several assistants with various teams that deserve a look , Kubiak and Gray (sp?) the DC from Barffalo just to mention two .

As for Green , he had plenty of talent (at least on the offensive sideof the ball) while in Minn. and they didnt do much with it .... If i remember correctly that team had a pretty big colapse record wise in the second half of his final season there . (correct me if im wrong , I DIDNT go back and look this up)

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take the trade, your guys coach throws the ball a bit.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #11
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
I'll take the trade, your guys coach throws the ball a bit.
Their coach hasn't got much choice.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #12
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

I think he is the Nutty Professor

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #13
CardsFan
Rookie

Yeah...at one point Josh had all the wins and Kurt was siiting at 0-3...Denny Green pulled Josh McCown out riding a 3 game win streak last year...it completely interrupted his rythym adn destroyed the 04 season where we ended up being 6-10...He doesn't like Josh for some reason...and that's too bad because Josh McCown is gonna end up being a great quarterback somewhere else inthe future (think Jake Plummer)...who knows..would the Texans take Josh McCown...or do you think he'll end up in Dallas?
Old 12-17-2005   #14
Jimpster
Rookie

Sure, We will through in David Carr too.
Jimpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #15
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder why reading this thread reminds me of the old adage, 'the grass is always greener . . . .'?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read