Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2005   #1
humbleone
Veteran

Default Hey DD...thanks and keep it up big guy

Just in case DD or someone that knows him is checking the MB these days, I thought I would give a shout out that there are fans that don't think of him as just "ok and servicable" but rather that he is one hell of a football player, we are lucky to have him on our team and a guy that is playing his guts out and giving us something to enjoy watching this year. Keep running it bigun...a bunch of us are big fans!.

P.S. Lopez is an ***** DD so don't give him a single thought.
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #2
touttail
All Pro

Well being from Louisiana, Guess I'm prejudiced, but got to give profs to my LSU man, Double D! He has done a great job behind a mediocre line. Just wish he could pick up the blitz a little better.

Good Job Double D !!!!!!!!

Bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be DD's Huckleberry
Old 12-14-2005   #4
berkman17
Rookie

man i love dom ... i hope he knows that if we do draft reggie bush, it won't be to replace dd but to supplement the offense as a whole.
berkman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #5
abbest
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I'll be DD's Huckleberry
You know most of us Texans are from Louisiana anyway. Who Dat Gonna beat Dem Texans-(Katy High School 24-0)
abbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #6
abbest
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkman17
man i love dom ... i hope he knows that if we do draft reggie bush, it won't be to replace dd but to supplement the offense as a whole.
He knows but it still hurt his pride somewhat. Look at what Buffalo Bills did with Travis Henry. They took Willis Magehee even though Henry 1000 yards seasons. BUT DD IS A CLASS ACT and will not make a scene like Henry did . DD is a better teamer and we will benefit from having both DD and Bush on the same team.
Old 12-14-2005   #7
berkman17
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbest
He knows but it still hurt his pride somewhat. Look at what Buffalo Bills did with Travis Henry. They took Willis Magehee even though Henry 1000 yards seasons. BUT DD IS A CLASS ACT and will not make a scene like Henry did . DD is a better teamer and we will benefit from having both DD and Bush on the same team.
it's a good thing that willis acted professionally in buffalo ... oh wait, now he wants out of his situation and wants to go to florida. seriously, i'm thankful that DD is such a stand-up guy.

in the words of ron burgundy, stay classy DD!
berkman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2005   #8
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkman17
Dom can run Double D left on first down.
Run Bush right on second down.
Carr under or over throws AJ on third down. (or Bradford drops a pass)
Stanley punts on fourth down.

touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #9
abbest
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
I could see that with DD. Plus, by drafting Bush, we aren't telling him, "Oh, you don't have a chance to get 1,000 yards this season." I could see DD still getting 1,000 yards, but nothing higher than 1,100. Bush is going to be the type of person who gets 800 rushing and 800 receiving. Still don't think that Bush is the way to go, should go LT.
Even if we do draft Bush it wont amount to a hill of beans if we dont hire a offensive minded coach whos not afraid to attack. Without Bush we should still be potent enough to win. I am tired of seeing the same ole playing not to lose.
Old 12-14-2005   #10
abbest
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
Dom can run Double D left on first down.
Run Bush right on second down.
Carr under or over throws AJ on third down. (or Bradford drops a pass)
Stanley punts on fourth down.

That`s Joe (the last stooge)Pendry`s regime.
Old 12-14-2005   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

wouldnt want any other back on my team. and i mean that.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #12
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbest
DD is a better teamer and we will benefit from having both DD and Bush on the same team.
If we were loaded with talent, then your statement would be correct. But since the Texans have so many other needs, it would be absolutely insane for the team to have both DD and Bush on the same team.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #13
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I'll be DD's Huckleberry
You'd be his dingleberry if he'd let you...lol. J/K man..I had to say that. I agree that he is an exceptional back to put up his numbers with the way our team has played. He as been the gright constant spot in our offense and hope he remains that way for the next several years. I think we have other needs than Bush in the draft, DD can stay in my book.
Old 12-14-2005   #14
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
I could see that with DD. Plus, by drafting Bush, we aren't telling him, "Oh, you don't have a chance to get 1,000 yards this season." I could see DD still getting 1,000 yards, but nothing higher than 1,100. Bush is going to be the type of person who gets 800 rushing and 800 receiving. Still don't think that Bush is the way to go, should go LT.
Thats great, 1600 yds total yards. DD had 1770 yds from scrimage last year!!! DD is a top level RB, like it or not, Bush is not gonna supplant his production to the point that we go from 1-15 to 10-6. We have WAY bigger needs to fill:brickwall
Old 12-14-2005   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets not turn this into another draft thread...we have plenty of them in the draft forum.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #16
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
wouldnt want any other back on my team. and i mean that.
You wouldn't want LaDainian Tomlinson on the team?

You sir are crazy.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #17
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 19418 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Lets not turn this into another draft thread...we have plenty of them in the draft forum.
you forgot the smilie
Old 12-14-2005   #18
zeplin
Veteran

D2 = D squared. We think you are the Man!!!!
zeplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #19
humbleone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny

Thanks...the point of my post was to YELL OUT to DD that Lopez does not speak for the feelings of Houston in general nor the fan base in particular and that many Houston fans have noticed and appreciated his performance even if it is coming in the middle of the worst season we will ever have to endure. Go Texans...the turnaround has already begun!
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #20
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

2003 - 1031 yards/351 yards receiving
2004 - 1188 yards rushing/588 yards receiving
2005 - 976 yards rushing/337 yards receiving

Dominic - It's been three great years. Thanks, man, and I hope we see more. Not trying to imply anything about other teammembers, but it's good to see the steady improvement.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read