Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2005   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Clayton on the Texans and Reeves on ESPN

Just heard him talking. His take is that Reeves means that Cass and Capers are both gone. He thinks that Reeves is already looking at the defensive coordinator for San Diego (Wade Phillips), who is effective at the 3-4, and is the son of Bum Phillips (Oiler coach). He thinks that Reeves was hired because McNair likes Carr, and knwos that Reeves is good at building franchises around star quarterbacks (Elway).
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #2
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Just heard him talking. His take is that Reeves means that Cass and Capers are both gone. He thinks that Reeves is already looking at the defensive coordinator for San Diego (Wade Phillips), who is effective at the 3-4, and is the son of Bum Phillips (Oiler coach). He thinks that Reeves was hired because McNair likes Carr, and knwos that Reeves is good at building franchises around star quarterbacks (Elway).

Ive implied it before and now I'll say it...Wade Phillips is going to be the next coach. DR and he have a history....+ WP has interviewed fopr the job before...McNair already knows him....
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #3
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I actually think we will go in an offensive direction not a defensive direction.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #4
God of Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I actually think we will go in an offensive direction not a defensive direction.

Ditto, I hope so. I don't think Wade Phillips is the answer anyway.
Old 12-13-2005   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I really think that Kubiak is the man for the job. Apparently the only knock on him the first time was that he wasn't good with the media. I don't care if our coach is Mr. Smooth with the media I want the guy who is gonna get the job done.
Old 12-13-2005   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Wine
Ditto, I hope so. I don't think Wade Phillips is the answer anyway.
I actually agree with you on this idea.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I really think that Kubiak is the man for the job. Apparently the only knock on him the first time was that he wasn't good with the media. I don't care if our coach is Mr. Smooth with the media I want the guy who is gonna get the job done.
Yeah, lol. I want to hear a coach say, "What's all this crap about execution? We didn't keep it close. We kicked their **** butts! We won because I'm a bleaping genius and knew what to do!"
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2005   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Clayton also said that he could see Reeves as the OC if I heard right, that was the part about building franchises around QB's. I don't think that would every happen, but I think that was Clayton's comment.

I could however see Reeves as our GM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I just watch it again, I had it on TIVO. Clayton said "he (Reeves) could maybe even be talked into taking the job (OC) himself" , building around QB and so on. Still seems very far fetched. Too good to be true in my mind. Especially if Phillips ended up at HC.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 12-13-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be so psyched if we get Wade Phillips.

Phillips seems to really know how to run an effective 3-4.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The one thing I really like about Phillips is that he took Steve Foley, who are coaching staff didn't know what to do with and who absolutely tanked here, and made him into a probowl outside linebacker.
Old 12-13-2005   #12
God of Wine

Quote:
I would love to have Kubiak as our HC. I don't care how he is with the media, let John Mcclain and John Lopez deal with him.
Old 12-13-2005   #13
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

why dont we just break the bank and get Kubiak as Head Coach and Phillips as DC .. grab us another qualified OC.. like the guy from Kansas City or Philly.. and make Reeves GM.. or someone else qualified.. and get ready for the superbowl trophies to come rollin in
Old 12-13-2005   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
why dont we just break the bank and get Kubiak as Head Coach and Phillips as DC .. grab us another qualified OC.. like the guy from Kansas City or Philly.. and make Reeves GM.. or someone else qualified.. and get ready for the superbowl trophies to come rollin in
you beat me to the post grid.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #15
gtexan02
Working?

I dont think we can offer Phillips a role equal to the one he is in now until his contract is up. You can offer him an improved role (HC) but not the same role or lower (DC).
Old 12-13-2005   #16
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
The guy responsible for the offense in KC is Dick Vermeil.
Old 12-13-2005   #17
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
The guy responsible for the offense in KC is Dick Vermeil.
Al Saunders, one of the best O-Cordinators in the game might say something about that
Old 12-13-2005   #18
Grid
Hall of Fame

Al Saunders.. yah thats who I was thinking of. Though Dick Vermeil did have alot to do with the offense as well. I think Saunders could come in and construct that same kind of offense here too... and I think it would work great for us... if we had an Oline.
Old 12-13-2005   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I dont think we can offer Phillips a role equal to the one he is in now until his contract is up. You can offer him an improved role (HC) but not the same role or lower (DC).
OK, assistant head coach in charge of the defense.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade Phillips as Head Coach makes great copy in the media, but I did not sign up for an unfrozen caveman defensive coordinator to come in as Head Coach and say, "Hello. My name is Wade Phillips, you fired my father. Prepare to die."

D Coordinator I can live with for Wade. If the intention is to keep Carr we must hire the best offensive mind out there to lead this ship.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read