Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2005   #1
marroncito
Rookie

Default Peerless Price

Where is he now? Has he cleared waivers? Will he sit for the rest of the season?

I'm curious because I wonder if he'll have a tryout for the Texans. When Alanta cut him there were threads here hoping he'd come to the Texans. Now that the Cowboys cut him, he'll be available next year. Would it be worth it for the Texans to bring him in? Could he be a part of the #2 WR we're looking for to help AJ?
marroncito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #2
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

We're better off drafting a young WR to go with AJ like Demetrius Williams. Either that, or get Reggie Wayne in FA.
Old 12-13-2005   #3
marroncito
Rookie

I bring up Price because he shouldn't cost too much. Lots of teams are going to go after Wayne if the Colts release him. And whoever gets him will pay him big bucks. We could get a speedster in at #2 to work with Mathis & Anderson.

On the idea of drafting a WR. I definitly don't think we should use a first day pick on one. So what day 2 WR could come in and play.

Another thought...could we get Reggie Swinton back?
Old 12-13-2005   #4
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

We need to quit being cheap and actually go after a good WR like Wayne. We've been cheap the last 4 years and obviously thats NOT the answer. Time to drop some bills and get Wayne or Demetrius Williams (trust me, this guy is a beast).
Old 12-13-2005   #5
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

We are good enough at wide receiver with Dre, Gaffney (if he comes back), Armstong, and Mathis that I wouldn't spend to much effort/money there until we fix some of our myriad other problems.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #6
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by marroncito
We could get a speedster in at #2 to work with Mathis & Anderson.
anderson??

we have a thread on price on the nfl forum that got started after the cowboys released him
Old 12-13-2005   #7
marroncito
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730
anderson??

we have a thread on price on the nfl forum that got started after the cowboys released him
uggh. sorry about that. i ment Armstrong. *reading too many pages at once*
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2005   #8
marroncito
Rookie

Okay. I get why any team would want Wayne. He's a gamer. Of course he would be a big help.

So my question is. Why wouldn't we want Price now if we wanted him then?
Old 12-13-2005   #9
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe bradford is doing a good job?

Old 12-13-2005   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Oline
LB
CB
Safety
DLine
TE

these are positions we need to worry about. THere are only two positions on this team which we definatly DONT need help at.. RB, and WR.

good lawd.. people just get OBSESSED with flashy players.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #11
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
We are good enough at wide receiver with Dre, Gaffney (if he comes back), Armstong, and Mathis that I wouldn't spend to much effort/money there until we fix some of our myriad other problems.

I agree totally.

(Except for Bush, of course!)
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, WR is not a problem area.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #13
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
I agree, WR is not a problem area.
WR could become a problem if Gaffney leaves in free agency. I think he likes it here and I hope he stays. I would consider spending a later draft pick on a WR (4th round on down) if there is a fast one available. It would be cool if we could find another Jerome Mathis-type super fast WR from a small school, hopefully one that can return punts too. Having AJ, Mathis, and Gaffney should be a good trio, and if we can find another speedster in the second day of the draft I'm all for getting one.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #14
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

we do not have a clear #2 WR. mathis will take a while to even see the field more, and i think price can help us for now.

if he can come in for less than a million for a year or 2 i wouldnt mind bringing him in. gaffney and armstrong arent that deep threat that compliment AJ well IMO.

as for wayne, i dont want him here
Old 12-13-2005   #15
marroncito
Rookie

I find it kind of fickle that people could be calling for Price to come here after Alanta but not now. Somehow now we're 'set' at WR. Yes. we've got a good reciever corps. Personally, I don't see how having Price on a 1 year incentive deal would hurt our team. He's a legitimate deep threat. Definitly much better than Bradford. Heck cut Bradford (like we did) and sign Price (and don't bring Bradford back).

He can force those safeties back with AJ and then drop Mathis in the slot. We'd have a high speed 3 WR set.

I'm happy with the way our WR corps is right now, but I also think they can be improved.
Old 12-13-2005   #16
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Two different teams have brought Price in and have cut him after seeing very little results. Atlanta expected him to be a #1 WR which he clearly is not, and Dallas brought him in to be a WR somewhere on their depth chart, certainly not ahead of Keyshawn or Terry Glenn, so Price was intended as a #3 at best and still didn't make it. Obviously that should tell you something about him.
Old 12-13-2005   #17
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

at the begining of the season I think most of us didnt realize that 150 yards passing for a game would be considered a good day through the air. What's the point of having good recievers if we dont get the ball to them? If in the right system I think Price could be put to good use. Seeing how our offense functions I dont see any point bringing him in here anymore.
Old 12-13-2005   #18
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Two different teams have brought Price in and have cut him after seeing very little results. Atlanta expected him to be a #1 WR which he clearly is not, and Dallas brought him in to be a WR somewhere on their depth chart, certainly not ahead of Keyshawn or Terry Glenn, so Price was intended as a #3 at best and still didn't make it. Obviously that should tell you something about him.
Nod - agree with what he said!! ^

Another name I would throw out who looks to be FA next year and may be looking for a new team is Torey Holt of the Rams. The rams most likely will be restructuring next year and havea new coach too. IMO hes A pretty darn good veteran WR IMO who could line up as the #2 guy and still has enough speed and moves to make the difference.

Thoughts?
Old 12-13-2005   #19
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by U4ikrob
Nod - agree with what he said!! ^

Another name I would throw out who looks to be FA next year and may be looking for a new team is Torey Holt of the Rams. The rams most likely will be restructuring next year and havea new coach too. IMO hes A pretty darn good veteran WR IMO who could line up as the #2 guy and still has enough speed and moves to make the difference.

Thoughts?
I haven't heard anything about him leaving the Rams and would really doubt they let him go, but he is still a top 10 WR in the NFL so if we could get him that would be great, he might cost a decent bit but it would probably be worth it, especially if Gaffney leaves.
Old 12-13-2005   #20
marroncito
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
What it says is that the Falcons have a horrible passing attack and that Parcells wasn't serious about using Price as a weapon. It also says that Price wasn't given any kind of chance in Dallas. Price is a great #2. Don't forget his production in Buffalo opposite Moulds. He did what Lee Evans is doing now.

I don't get how people can turn on Price like that. We've had Swinton and let him go. So we obviously thought we could improve from good to better. Heck, this board was even talking about trading for Rod Gardner at one time.

Now Price is out there and can probably be brought in for about what it would cost to pay a day 2 draft pick. He'll get the vet minimum or maybe a tiny bit more. He'll definitly play better than a rookie.

I've been reading about how he just needs to go through a teams whole offseason program to get established again.

Heck, look at Koren Robinson. The Vikings took a flyer on him. They're paying him the veteran minimum and look what he's doing for them. Price could be like that for the Texans. With little to no signing bonus, what could it hurt?

Lots of upside. Minimal downside.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read