Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2005   #1
playoff year please
Veteran

Default Did anyone see Pardon the Interuption yesterday

I believe I heard the gut say that Brown should be ban from the NFL for missing the kick on purpose. Did anyone actually listen better than I did? Kids were being to loud, imagine that.
playoff year please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #2
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 22808 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, white guy said that he should be banned. The other guy (Wilbon?) was supporting him and saying it was just a bad kick. I can never get their names straight, I just know one sounds like Wilbon or something.

Of course during the whole exchange there was no mention that Brown had just ran for the first down and maybe been hurt on the play. Just the usual screaming and hollering that you hear on PTI.

Old 12-13-2005   #3
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

black guy is Wilbon and white guy is Kornheiser.
Old 12-13-2005   #4
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 22808 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill
black guy is Wilbon and white guy is Kornheiser.
That's right, Kornheiser.

Thanks.
Old 12-13-2005   #5
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by playoff year please
I believe I heard the gut say that Brown should be ban from the NFL for missing the kick on purpose. Did anyone actually listen better than I did? Kids were being to loud, imagine that.
Why should he be banned?????

Ban the person that made him do it...
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Those guys are always ranting, and not always rational but usually makes for decent TV. I think people in the media or going to bring that up, because 1. The national media has no interest in our team, except for maybe the #1 pick talk and 2. There are looking for a way to explain the 3 RIDICULOUS loses when they do discuss the Texans.

Did anyone catch the spoof on the Texans during "60 Seconds with Jimmy Kimmel" last night on MNF? He talked about that exact thing, but with a comedic twist. I didn't know rather to laugh or cry.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
Wilbon and Kornheiser are actually really smart, sports writers. The main topic was whether or not Brown missed it on purpose so they could keep the #1 pick in the draft. The disagreement was whether any player in the NFL should ever throw a game for a pick in the upcoming draft. Wilbon supported the fact the Brown missed the FG, and Kornheiser said that he should be banned.
It is usually a pretty good show and entertaining to watch them rant.
But thanks for the info on how the topic started on the show.

They usually pick an angle to defend to each other and have a debate. One guy plays devil's advocate kind of thing. They don't always deeply believe what they are debating, just debating. And they do it intelligently, I agree.
And It makes for good TV.

I don't think anyone should read too deeply into their statement about Brown being banned? I think (from what I gather on this board, I didn't see the show) that Kornheiser was arguing IF BROWN HAD DID IT ON PURPOSE he should be banned, not that he did do it on purpose. To me it is a generalized statement about any athelete who would intentionally throw a game.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2005   #8
Dubya
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan
I don't think anyone should read too deeply into their statement about Brown being banned? I think (from what I gather on this board, I didn't see the show) that Kornheiser was arguing IF BROWN HAD DID IT ON PURPOSE he should be banned, not that he did do it on purpose. To me it is a generalized statement about any athelete who would intentionally throw a game.
I agree that they probably weren't seriously advocating the banning of Brown, and were speaking generally. However, the fact that that Kris Brown's kick sparked off that topic on a national show with two hosts that have no ties to Houston shows you just how controversial and shady it was, and that a lot of people outside of Houston are picking up on the debate over whether Brown intentionally shanked the kick or even more generally, whether the Texans are throwing games.

I doubt anything will come of the whole thing, and now that I've settled down I don't think he shanked it on purpose, but the fact that the debate has at least reached the ears of national media is an indicator of just how bad off we are right now.
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #9
playoff year please
Veteran

Default I believe one of the guys said it had to be on purpose

He said something like no kicker has missed that bad before. I may be wrong, but I believe he said that.
Old 12-13-2005   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

They must've never saw when Ian Howfield missed that FG against the Redskins.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #11
playoff year please
Veteran

Default was that the game where he missed more than one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Then he cried and got released, he became a model or something like that didn't he?
Old 12-13-2005   #12
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Well played El Tejano, well played.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read