Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Dom Capers next Job
Head Coach Of The Texans 0 0%
Head Coach of different team 2 3.33%
Coordinator of another team 36 60.00%
He wont have a job 3 5.00%
College Football Job 7 11.67%
" Would you like fries with that " 12 20.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2005   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Dom Capers Next Job

What will be Dom Capers next job?
Old 12-12-2005   #2
zeplin
Veteran

Pizza Delivery guy for Domino's.
Old 12-12-2005   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I really feel bad for Dom. He's in a very difficult situation, and you can tell this season has been rough on him. It's been pretty obvious for most of the season that Dom would not be returning as the Texans HC next year, and every loss seemed to add to the stress that lay square on his shoulders. His players began to openly question the coaching staff and their decisions, and even the guy who hired him ,CC, seemed willing to throw Dom under the bus just to save his own job. The owner and the fans were frustrated, and stopped just short of forming a 'Frankenstein' like mob to chase Dom and his staff out of the city limits. Then the news today that McNair has brought in one of Dom's old friends to come critique the entire organization from the coaching staff, to the players, etc. It shows a total lack of faith that the owner has in the people he trusted to help build this organization (rightfully so of course), and was just the latest in a long line of public lashings Dom had to address with his usual optimistic responses.

Bottom line is that Dom is a good guy, a good defensive mind, but a bad head coach. I really think you'll see Dom back in the NFL again as a defensive coordinator, but I'd imagine he would really need a year or so off away from the NFL just to clear his mind of this past season.
Old 12-12-2005   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Charming thread, welcome to my ignore list.
Old 12-12-2005   #5
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

yu gotta feel bad but its his own doing
Old 12-12-2005   #6
texans281
Rookie

I'd like to see Capers take over another team and see what he can do outside of an expansion setting. The Raiders would be a decent enough fit.
Old 12-12-2005   #7
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Bwuh?

Odd to see people try to pile onto Dom Capers at this point. Look, we all know the guy's done. He was a class act, by all accounts that I've seen. By next year he'll be a coordinator somewhere and probably will be a very good one. Glad to see him go, but I wish him the best.
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2005   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this will never happen, but I'd like to see Capers fire Fangio and take his position, lol.

Oh, and while I'm making impossible wishes, I'd like to see Jeff Fisher as our HC.
Old 12-12-2005   #9
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I know this will never happen, but I'd like to see Capers fire Fangio and take his position, lol.
That wouldn't be bad. Has this ever happened before?
Old 12-12-2005   #10
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan
That wouldn't be bad. Has this ever happened before?

Didn't Denny Green step down from HC to OC at Minnesota?
Old 12-12-2005   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if it's ever happened before. I was gonna say no, but I really don't know.
Old 12-12-2005   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I'm almost positive that Denny Green was the head coach of Minnesota and then stepped down because they were terrible. He became the offensive coordinator of the Vikings and then left a few years later to Arizona.
Old 12-12-2005   #13
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Green went from his ESPN analyst job to the Cardinals. Not sure about him stepping down from HC/GM to OC though.
Old 12-12-2005   #14
texans281
Rookie

Didn't Jim Fassel do it in NY?
Old 12-12-2005   #15
stevo3883
All Pro

Warden in Cali prison-

"We just didn't execute"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read