Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-12-2005   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Why dont you want Reggie Bush?

Ok, dont give me all of this crap about how well DD has been playing. It doesnt matter bc the team is losing. If we draft Reggie Bush(who can do it all and averages 9 YPC), then we will win bc he can be a RB and a WR. He will be a much better NFL player than domanick will ever be. Reggie Bush could end up being great and DD is just a good RB for this system. He might be a good supporter to Reggie Bush whenever Bush needs to rest on the sidelines or whatever, or we could trade him for a very good dratf pick.
Old 12-12-2005   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Without you responding to what I'm about to ask with something like, "Because nobody can get NEAR him!" let me pose this question:

Has Reggie Bush battled through gang tackling or big hits at the line of scrimmage?

I would LOVE to watch each USC game this year and to only look at the plays in which Reggie was locked into line of scrimmage battles with him having to make smart reads, or with him getting pile up on by multiple defenders.

Don't get me wrong, Bush is gifted...but I honestly believe that most of big plays have come off of him not being touched and then out in the open field where he can use those gifts (the juking and speed). I just wonder how he'll adapt to facing NFL-sozed and NFL-caliber defenders who are not your run-of-the-mill Pac 10 player who won't even get drafted.

Just a thought I had. It's not so much that we think Reggie stinks, it's more so that we have a guy who is pretty much up at the top of the class in the AFC thus far. I'd like to see us address the OL (Brick) or the D (Hawk) before acquiring another RB.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #3
CyberTexan
Veteran

I think Bush would easily be the Better Back and I am a big DD fan lets face it DD is avearge it would be nice to have a Back that was in the top 5 for a change, but its not just that we have to take Bush , getting the First Overall pick means we have a choice between getting Bush or tradeing that pick to help improve the team in other areas .
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #4
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush has proven nothing yet, he has yet to face an NFL defense that is geared to stop him.

But that holds true for every single player drafted. Eventually the cream rises to the top, no matter what level they play on.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Both would help the team.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Has Reggie Bush battled through gang tackling or big hits at the line of scrimmage?

I would LOVE to watch each USC game this year and to only look at the plays in which Reggie was locked into line of scrimmage battles with him having to make smart reads, or with him getting pile up on by multiple defenders.

Just one particular play in mind is a punt return that he had where he ran right into a pile then bounced out and ran 80 yards for a touchdown
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #7
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Without you responding to what I'm about to ask with something like, "Because nobody can get NEAR him!" let me pose this question:

Find the tape of the Oregon game.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2005   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

How about the Notre Dame game where he blew through the hole and hurdled a defender en route to a 40 yard touchdown.
Old 12-12-2005   #9
real

Arrow

Don't get me wrong, Bush is gifted...but I honestly believe that most of big plays have come off of him not being touched and then out in the open field where he can use those gifts (the juking and speed). I just wonder how he'll adapt to facing NFL-sozed and NFL-caliber defenders who are not your run-of-the-mill Pac 10 player who won't even get drafted.

you haven't watched many USC games if you are trying to say "dont believe the hype" about reggie bush...Now you would have a better argument if you say something like he wouldn't help us as a team..which is still crap...or if you say he's not what we need...but to insult his talent by saying he cant break tackles...thats crazy...he does break tackles, and occasionally runs over people, no not often, because he doesn't have too...He's a great football player period...
Old 12-12-2005   #10
tulexan
Hall of Fame

I've said it before and I'll say it again. People don't want Reggie Bush because he doesn't go to University of Texas
Old 12-12-2005   #11
texplayer2
Veteran

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, Bush is gifted...but I honestly believe that most of big plays have come off of him not being touched and then out in the open field where he can use those gifts (the juking and speed). .
Try the UCLA game where he broke it from the two and rumbled down the sideline and half the defense had to push him out of bounds.
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #12
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

I cant beleive some of you so called "football pros". This is the best player coming out of college in allot of years and you say things like, cause he hasnt been touched, and we got DD, and we need other things. That is total ignorance at it's best. We do not pass on the marque(sp) player of our time. A player like Bush will make others rise to the occasion, like the O-Line and Carr. Get with the program people, we just don't pass on a once in a lifetime player period.....

If we pass on him, take an O-Linemen and then are terrible again next year, then you arm chair coaches will be saying, "man, we should have gotten Bush" "How could we have passed on him" and so on...
Old 12-12-2005   #13
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

sorry but Bush is not going to help us much more than DD is going to. If we trade down get an OL and a TE then both Carr and DD will be better next season. I think we should improve in the areas that need it not draft a player who we really dont need.
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

We do not want Bush because we will be going to a 4-3 and still have gaps on the Oline. We need the picks more than we need the #1 pick. And if we do stink the following year we can get the best RB in college this year, in 2007, in Adrian Peterson.
Old 12-12-2005   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

A player like Bush will help others rise?

Like Joey Harrington? Charles Rogers? Roy Williams? And any other stud offensive player the Lions have drafted the past four years?

You say you find it odd that we ignore Bush's greatness. I find it curious that we ALL COLLECTIVELY gritch for the past four years about a p.o.s. O Line, and how we all know we need to beef it up for Carr so he can get "the time he needs" to hook up with AJ, etc., but yet here comes Mr. Golden Boy Heisman Winner Hype-O-Rama parading down the street and it's like everybody drops the gameplan and follows the parade down the street.

That's what I find to be most odd.

This is Sean Taylor, Part II.

Oh yeah, and Derrick Johnson has risen to save the Chiefs from a rather bland season, as well, hasn't he?

One player ain't gonna' get it done. So why spend the pick on a position we have absoultely no pressing need to fill? I have about five positions on the O Line I'd like to fill. Anybody else feel the same way? But alas, O Linemen are not sexy picks: No face time on SportsCenter, or ESPN the Magazine, or on the Heisman awards show.

Obviously, the smart pick is the guy who's getting all the face time right now. Reminds me of the otther poster here who had LEINART 06 in 48-point font...then when Bush takes over the Hype Machine known as SportsCenter, he changes it to BUSH 06. For so many people, it's become less about the long-term plan and more about taking the most sexy player as of right now.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #16
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

This is probably the first time since Vick that there is a consensus number 1 pick in the draft before the national championship game. I'd if you can play the number 1 pick and you have that pick, u need to use it. the combination of DD and Bush in the backfield will be nasty, and DD can always be traded because he doesn't have that bad of a contract for his production. A team like the Jets could use him since Curtis Martin looks like he is on his way out. He'd be a good outlet for Pennington and runs just like martin. plus playing in NY he might turn into a star.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #17
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Haha, I like the "Bush is doing this vs. College Comp" takes...take a look at who Tomlinson played against in college...Bush will be a sick pro, period.

WAC < Pac-10

BUT staying on topic...

its cuz he lost to UT!!

Nah seriously, we need an O-Line...Bush is tempting, but when u have great DEs out there,O-Lineman and other needs, can't draft Reggie.

Last edited by ThaShark316; 12-12-2005 at 07:48 PM.
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #18
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Well the top reason I see being put up against Bush is we need a TE or O-line help, but lets be honest the line was mishandled the whole yr. I mean look at Pitts he's turned out to be a reliable lt thus far but where was he at the beginning of the season. All the shuffling thats been going on no line would get better that way, they cant even concentrate on what pos. they play because they might not be there next week. Tight end Rivers looks like he has potential he could still improve I'm not saying dont address these needs but you pass on Bush because you dont know what you have. I know if we do end up w/ the #1 pick and Bush declares himself and we dont take it I might actually break down. Next yr. with new coaching there is no way we will be in the same position draft wise we will be in this yr. We got a great team its just been mishandled passing on a great talent is never wise. I MEAN THIS GUY IS STILL A JR. AND LOOK AT HIS TALENT LEVEL.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #19
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A player like Bush will help others rise?

Like Joey Harrington? Charles Rogers? Roy Williams? And any other stud offensive player the Lions have drafted the past four years?
Tell me you're not comparing Reggie Bush to Joey Harrington.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #20
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Well Reggie might turn out to be a bust like our previous 1st overall pick and i cant handle that.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read