Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-12-2005   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Does Casserly really want Reggie Bush?

I really doubt it. Seriously.

He can't talk about it, at the risk of getting fined. But that doesn't stop Bob Allen or 610 from asking him about him. And from all the non-answers, this one sticks out. "I really like what Domanick Davis means to our football team."

And remember. Casserly doesn't give two squats what the fans think. Derrick Johnson should convince you of that.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

true, but it isn't just fans saying that we should take him.

and i think he does give two squats about what bob mcnair thinks and he isn't about to let this gold mine go to someone else.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #3
cadahnic
All Pro

Casserly has both said that they are very happy with Domanick Davis and that he would have a hard time spending the #1 pick on a part time player and I tend to agree with him on both those points.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
And remember. Casserly doesn't give two squats what the fans think. Derrick Johnson should convince you of that.
Casserly gambled with Johnson. I really do believe that he thought he could trade down and still get him at 16. He was close, but wrong.
Old 12-12-2005   #5
cadahnic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Casserly gambled with Johnson. I really do believe that he thought he could trade down and still get him at 16. He was close, but wrong.
I am also led to believe that he thought Derrick would be there at #16 but it didn't work out, and all that to add a third round pick this year.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Close only counts with horseshoes and hand grenades, and in this case it landed us an average D-lineman with the 16th pick, chosen ahead of successful starters this year like Ware or Spears. I hope we pick up a killer this year with that third rounder. Good one, Cass.
Ware was taken at #11. Spears #20.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

everybody is focused on taking or not taking Reggie Bush if the Texans get the 1st pick and he declares for the draft but in all these trade down sceneros is anyone factoring facing Reggie Bush once he is in the NFL especially to a team in division or conference that we have to play on a regular basis?

I just can't imagine the Texans defense stopping Reggie Bush we make average backs look like all-pro's. therefore not only would we gain Reggies services we would not have to deal with those services being used against us.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2005   #8
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
what average backs are you referring to? ... Haven't we been pretty good on the run defense this year? If I am just willfully blocking out bad memories, please refresh my mind here.
We're dead last in run defense this year.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #9
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
what average backs are you referring to? ... Haven't we been pretty good on the run defense this year? If I am just willfully blocking out bad memories, please refresh my mind here.

Besides, who will Bush go to besides the Niners, Jets, or last I heard, maybe the Packers. Not like we see them much.

I think he is referring to trading down to a team like the Titans or some other 4-10 pick. Not necessarily just the Niners, Jets, and Packers.
Old 12-12-2005   #10
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

Why do you think we are gonna draft a player we dont need when there are very good OL in this draft. Come on lets be honest here we have DD and we dont need BUSH. This whole lets draft Bush topic is dumb and needs to trashed and forgotten. OL, TE and S are more important than Bush. Even Linehart has more of a chance of being drafted by the Texans than Bush does. And the only way Linehart would be drafted is if Carr's 8mil isnt picked up. Lets be honest lets just stop talking about Bush and lets start talking about what we really are gonna do.

1. Draft Furgeson (sp) or OL
2. trade down

thats it.
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by royce1054
Why do you think we are gonna draft a player we dont need when there are very good OL in this draft. Come on lets be honest here we have DD and we dont need BUSH. This whole lets draft Bush topic is dumb and needs to trashed and forgotten. OL, TE and S are more important than Bush. Even Linehart has more of a chance of being drafted by the Texans than Bush does. And the only way Linehart would be drafted is if Carr's 8mil isnt picked up. Lets be honest lets just stop talking about Bush and lets start talking about what we really are gonna do.

1. Draft Furgeson (sp) or OL
2. trade down

thats it.

Your right there are a lot of good OL in the draft this year which means that we can afford to draft Reggie Bush and some good OL players. I don't know how you can say that Reggie isn't important to this team when we have a pathetic offense and only one playmaker on the team. We aren't lighting up the scoreboards every game last time I checked. We are losing a lot of these games by 1 or 2 touchdowns. Having another playmaker could turn this 1-12 season into a 6-7 or 7-6 season right now.

And Ferguson isn't even the best lineman in the country right now. He wasn't named to 1st team all american and a lot of people have questions about his size. If there was a slam dunk lineman, then yes I would say we shoudl trade down and get him, but there isn't. There is a slam dunk offensive player named Reggie Bush who could help turn this team around.
Old 12-12-2005   #12
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

I think we are gonna be trading down. I am about 90% sure we will trade down and get 2 1st rd picks. Then we can OL and a TE. Then image how good we would be with a TE threat and a better blocking O-line instead of new RB same things as this year
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #13
tulexan
Hall of Fame

That would mean that we are trading with Denver since they are the only team with 2 first round picks this year. Denver doesn't trade up to get running backs. Shannahan is too arrogant to do something like that because he believes he can put anyone in the lineup and have them be a successful running back. And he is right.
Old 12-12-2005   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
McGahee 117 yds.
Parker 111 yds.
R. Johnson 88 yds.
C Brown 78 yds.
R Droughns 99 yds.
L Johnson 211 yds.

I'll grant you that S Alexander 141 yds. & E James 139 & 122 yds are both all-pro.

Quote:
Besides, who will Bush go to besides the Niners, Jets, or last I heard, maybe the Packers. Not like we see them much.
depends on the packages offered not neccesarily the team who finishes last, the Titans with Chow as the OC would be my primary concern or the team I was indicating.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #15
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by royce1054
I think we are gonna be trading down. I am about 90% sure we will trade down and get 2 1st rd picks. Then we can OL and a TE. Then image how good we would be with a TE threat and a better blocking O-line instead of new RB same things as this year
As was previously said, I doubt we end up with two first round picks this year as Denver is the only team with two first rounders, but we can trade down a couple spots and pick up a high second round pick this year and a first rounder next year, plus more similar picks if we trade down twice. I do not especially want to see us draft a TE, especially not in the first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
McGahee 117 yds.
Parker 111 yds.
R. Johnson 88 yds.
C Brown 78 yds.
R Droughns 99 yds.
L Johnson 211 yds.

I'll grant you that S Alexander 141 yds. & E James 139 & 122 yds are both all-pro.
McGahee and Larry Johnson are definitely All-Pro quality RBs and Parker and Rudi Johnson definitely have a chance of becoming All-Pros at some point in their career.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #16
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
As was previously said, I doubt we end up with two first round picks this year as Denver is the only team with two first rounders, but we can trade down a couple spots and pick up a high second round pick this year and a first rounder next year, plus more similar picks if we trade down twice. I do not especially want to see us draft a TE, especially not in the first round.

McGahee and Larry Johnson are definitely All-Pro quality RBs and Parker and Rudi Johnson definitely have a chance of becoming All-Pros at some point in their career.
willie parker doesnt have much of a chance. Rudi might become an all-pro or close to it.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #17
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
everybody is focused on taking or not taking Reggie Bush if the Texans get the 1st pick and he declares for the draft but in all these trade down sceneros is anyone factoring facing Reggie Bush once he is in the NFL especially to a team in division or conference that we have to play on a regular basis?

I just can't imagine the Texans defense stopping Reggie Bush we make average backs look like all-pro's. therefore not only would we gain Reggies services we would not have to deal with those services being used against us.
Unfortunatly, you too beerlover, seem to have turned over in your opinion and joined the "other" side. Best wishes until you come back to "our" side after the combine.

here once posted an honest man, not yet corrupted by chaos and hype. I salute you for the time you lasted, the train is picking up more members as the same arguments persist.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #18
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
willie parker doesnt have much of a chance. Rudi might become an all-pro or close to it.
Parker had a decent rookie year and the Steelers love to run the ball, so as he develops and Bettis and Staley get older and phase out Parker could put up some nice numbers, but we'll have to wait and see on him.
Old 12-13-2005   #19
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Quote:

We can't draft a player only on the premise that we don't want to have to defend against him two times every eight years when we actually play his team. Realistically we will probably only play against Reggie Bush twice in his career unless he goes to an AFC team and we meet in the playoffs.
Old 12-13-2005   #20
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Maybe there should be a dark side avatar just like the pink soap boys avatar

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read