Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2005   #1
TexanAlmighty
Veteran

Default Jerome Mathis on sidelines after Brown missed kick

You can see Carr in a daze but Mathis is laughing his butt off. Anyone see that? I'm sorry I like Mathis but we do not need this type of attitude on the sidelines.
Old 12-12-2005   #2
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

This year is going so bad you cant help but laugh. Really...
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #3
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Man sometimes you laugh to hide the tears.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17
This year is going so bad you cant help but laugh. Really...

Agree'd , not a whole lot they can do other than lugh and wait for next week ... I mean how many more ways can they find to lose ?

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #5
marroncito
Rookie

It was probably one of those desperation laughs when you suddenly loose your masters theis or end up costing your company 12 million dollars. The kind of laugh that comes from an unbelivable screw up.
marroncito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #6
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAlmighty
You can see Carr in a daze but Mathis is laughing his butt off. Anyone see that? I'm sorry I like Mathis but we do not need this type of attitude on the sidelines.
He was probably laughing because, for the second time this season he pulled us away from the grasp of defeat only to see another player squander a "slam dunk" situation.

Lets face it, at this point it is kind of funny. It is almost amazing how this team can be so close to victory and walk away with the losses.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #7
BigBalla1983
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to BigBalla1983 Send a message via MSN to BigBalla1983 Send a message via Yahoo to BigBalla1983

kris brown was paid to miss it since the team wants the #1 pick.
Old 12-12-2005   #8
Doug
All Pro

Maybe I missed something but I didn't see him laughing. I saw him pull the ski beenie under his chin and look the other way.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I APPLAUD him if he laughed.

And I'm talking about the stand-up-and-smack-your-hands-together-as-hard-as-you-can type of applause.

How can you judge this guy for laughing when HE has been the only player outside of Dunta Robinson and Domanick Davis who has lifted this team on his shoulders and at least provided some ray of sunshine during this MISERABLE season?

Sure as heck-a-dee-doodle beats Carr and his puppy dog face. Gimme a break...
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #10
B.Diddy
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to B.Diddy

Mathis thought during the laugh....."what the ******* I just break a fifty yard kick off return which would of been a touchdown almost get my neck broke to put the team in a game tying postion....I pretty much threw that d***bag a alley which he could of politely tiped in and he misses it hahaha" -Jerome Mathis
whew it kinda has me laughin
Old 12-12-2005   #11
B.Diddy
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to B.Diddy

Mathis can laugh all he wants as long as he keeps playing like that
Old 12-12-2005   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I was giggling for a good few minutes after that last kick.. and it wasnt cause i was happy.. it was because we had the game lost.. but that wasnt good enough.. we had to go down to the 15 yard line and shank a kick like nobodies business. It was like fate decided that a close loss wasnt good enough.. it had the be excruciatingly close. It was hilarious.

I dont blame him for laughing.. had i been on the sideline id have been busting a gut.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no problem with Mathis laughing because he is the only one doing jack right now.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #14
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoa, whoa. Mathis may be in a small crowd, but he isn't doing THAT much to win games. Dropping balls that hit him in the hands, muffing punts, and giving up yards on his reversals haven't exactly made him awesome in the past couple of weeks. Look, I love this guy's skills and his heart, but to say that he's doing more to help this team than anyone else is just wrong.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe it's a maniacal laughter...a laughter of the insane. 1-12 is sure something to test your grip on reality.

I don't blame him. This season is a joke. Maybe Mathis just got the punchline.
Old 12-12-2005   #16
TSgt.Texan
Rookie

All I could do was laugh also it was that BAD!! :brickwall
TSgt.Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #17
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
Whoa, whoa. Mathis may be in a small crowd, but he isn't doing THAT much to win games. Dropping balls that hit him in the hands, muffing punts, and giving up yards on his reversals haven't exactly made him awesome in the past couple of weeks. Look, I love this guy's skills and his heart, but to say that he's doing more to help this team than anyone else is just wrong.
He dropped one pass.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #18
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Kris , you could have made the missed FG more obvious couldnt ya?

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #19
joemzepeda
waterboy

you can tell, the way He kicked the ball,
He was gonna miss.
It wasn't no accident!
joemzepeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #20
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAlmighty
What did you want him to do cry? I'm sure he was/is crying on the inside. IMO all he needed was one more block, in order to take it to the house. But as fate would have it, another loss in the final minute. Why not laugh??? **** This season has just been a ****ed up season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read