Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2005   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default A Letter to Kris Brown

Dude, doo doo occurs. You have SAVED our team so many times. You have created situations for our team so many times to be contenders. Dont sweat this last game. If not for you, the Texans would have lost a large deal of the games in our past. You are the real deal, and you are one of the very best in the league. You will have the chance again in the future. Keep kicking.
Old 12-12-2005   #2
touttail
All Pro

I agree, but you got to be able to nail it in the clutch!

Bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #3
marroncito
Rookie

I've been reading how Brown may have been injured on that kick. Supposedly he injured it during the fake where he sprinted for the first. Watching David Akers try to kick off with an injured leg, I'm inclined to believe that Brown may have likewise been adversly affected.
marroncito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Good Post Dime

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #5
Meisterman
Veteran

Don't Worry Kris......Reggie doesn't placekick!

Please Get A Little Closer In The San Fran Game. Thanks in Advance and remember....

"Protect Our Draft Pick".
Old 12-12-2005   #6
c5demon
Rookie

Kris, JOB WELL DONE! Thanks for the early X-mas Gift. 3 more to REGGIE!
c5demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #7
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
Dude, doo doo occurs. You have SAVED our team so many times. You have created situations for our team so many times to be contenders. Dont sweat this last game. If not for you, the Texans would have lost a large deal of the games in our past. You are the real deal, and you are one of the very best in the league. You will have the chance again in the future. Keep kicking.

I concur, Kris you unlike some of the other posters, are a CLASS ACT and have always been, despite the segment calling for immediate removal of each and every Texans player. I support you and look forward to you kicking for rest of season.
Old 12-12-2005   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
I concur, Kris you unlike some of the other posters, are a CLASS ACT and have always been, despite the segment calling for immediate removal of each and every Texans player. I support you and look forward to you kicking for rest of season.

I echo these sentiments. Kris Brown is a good kicker, he has won a few games for us in the past in the CLUTCH! I believe he had an off day, and I think he hurt his leg scrambling for the first down...if you see the replay it looks like he grabbed at his left hamstring, if I remember correctly. I can't play it back cause it was blacked out in Austin. Anyway, he took ownership of blowing it and put it on himself with no excuses.

He is a Class Act.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #9
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

As Do I. I have nothing bad to say about Kris that couldn't be said 10 times over about most of the rest of the team and 20 times on the coaching staff and FO.

Kris you're still the man as far as i'm concerned.
Old 12-12-2005   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you for choosing this past game to make an awful kick.

You are a true team player, and we got your back bro.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #11
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

he made 5+ field goals in the ravens game....he is a great kicker. he was either injured or the line allowed the blockers in to close.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Try agian next time....
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #13
astrofan
Veteran

It seems like KB is the only guy with his head in the game
We are not going to make the playoffs
We are way past "moral victory" aggie mentality
We are only playing for one reason: 29-30 APR 06
I think some of us are forgetting the big picture
Thank the gods #3 ain't one of us
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #14
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Kris Brown should be the Texans player of the week! Who will it be next week?

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #15
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan
Default Must be something in the air

Still got love for you Kris. Must be somehing in the air. Feely had an off day against Seattle. And now this week, to add insult to injury, it got you. Hoping that Vanderjagt catches the bug some time soon and that the Colts lose.

Shake it off, KB. It has just been that kind of season.
Old 12-12-2005   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can honestly say that I'm not in the slightest way upset with him for missing that kick.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #17
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default To Kris Brown

I heard you this week on your show and I wanted to let you know that we are behind you and the team 100%. There are some fans that are jumping off the bandwagon but there are many more who are completely behind the team.

As for the questioning of your integrity, I can't understand what those fans are thinking. I know that you didn't blow the kick purposely. Anyone who says any differently doesn't understand non-guaranteed contracts and the shortness of the NFL careers. The also don't understand your determination, professionalism, and pride that you bring to the game. Don't listen to those so called fans and keep up the good work.

BTW, I am still looking for your jersey but I am determined to find one somewhere!
Old 12-16-2005   #18
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree. Seems the fans have devided into 3 parts, the fans who have jumped off the bandwagon, the fans that are rooting for the #1 pick, and the fans who are still behind the team. Carr was on the radio the other day and was asked about the idea of the team losing on purpose. His response was "If we are playing to lose, I wish someone would tell me about it. I'll stop running around getting killed trying to make plays." There is no way this team is playing to lose.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read