Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2005   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default Enough!!!

Ok.. I been hearing so many talk about throwing games or we are on track for Bush. What a bunch of crap. Lets talk about the deal.

If we were throwing games, the people who ARE EMPLOYED now with the Texans have a good chance to lose thier jobs next year. If I am making 250k or above, I aint going down like that, and they, with pride and copetive nature wont either.

In addition, Morale of a team losing games begins to take its toll on the mental for the players. We dont want to get players USED to losing. I expect our players to come out and play 110% every play, every series, and every game.

Those rooting for us to lose. Shame on you. By showing your support for a player who we might not pick up anyways is sad and horrible for you. But to make it worse, your wishing the team ill, you all, should be quite ashamed to be called fans.

The last 3 games, I have been really sad. I am not worried about Bush, or Lienhart, or who ever. I am worried about how our team feels. How this was our year, and how 3 times, they have had to face a defeat which was hard to swallow week, after week.

Come On Texans - The time for Bull Tipping is over, Its Gore Time!

Old 12-12-2005   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If they lose, I'll be happy.

If they win, I'll be happy.

Blessed are the mournful...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #3
playoff year please
Veteran

Default This team has a losing mentallity thanks to Capers

This team only knows how to lose. It looks like they are losing on purpose now, but you might be right (on them trying to win). If you are, they really stink. If they really are competitors, they would try to win in the pre-season too, but they don't. Capers must go with that I don't care if we win attitude. He only cares that we had a chance to win.
playoff year please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #4
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by playoff year please
This team only knows how to lose. It looks like they are losing on purpose now, but you might be right (on them trying to win). If you are, they really stink. If they really are competitors, they would try to win in the pre-season too, but they don't. Capers must go with that I don't care if we win attitude. He only cares that we had a chance to win.
I have faith in our players. Sadly, they are not winning, but they have had the chance to win the last 3 games, instead of being blown out of the water as it was before. Yes, a loss is a loss, but they are losing right now because they cannot capitialize on thier chance to win. IF we were able too, and won the last 3 games, we would be in line for a 7 and 9 year again.
Old 12-12-2005   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Dime

That was one of the strangest finishes to a game I have ever seen considering the circumstances and I'm not going to completely rule out the idea that the Texans have a handful of coaches and players who might be trying to throw games. I'm not saying that the Texans are throwing games, just that I think if I were in the Commissioners office I'd have someone do a little preliminary investigation. It's very suspicious.

Yes many of the coaches and some of the players are in danger of losing their jobs. That's going to happen whether we finish with 4-5 wins or whether we lose out the rest of the way. I think that one thing to keep in mind is that you don't need 53 guys and an entire coaching staff to affect the outcome of a game. You could do that with a handful of guys and maybe one or two coaches if you wanted to.

I'd investigate because the Texans looked very guilty yesterday. If for no other reason than to say I checked it out and found nothing I'd look into it.
Old 12-12-2005   #6
playoff year please
Veteran

Default This team as been a competitive team from the begining

The Texans have lost 17 games in their history by 7 points or less. Capers does not put teams away. I honestly believe that we should have had a wild card slot already. Even games we have lost by more than 7 points, I remember something screwed up and cost us the game we could have won.
Old 12-12-2005   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
That was one of the strangest finishes to a game I have ever seen considering the circumstances and I'm not going to completely rule out the idea that the Texans have a handful of coaches...who might be trying to throw games.
Don't confuse incompetence with conspiracy...
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2005   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Meaning nothing bad by this let me say "Same to you".

The Texans are so inept that it wouldn't take much to nudge the final outcome of just about any game in one direction or another.
Old 12-12-2005   #9
playoff year please
Veteran

Default Both teams were trying to lose

Quote:
Look at the game again. The Titans are not as bad as they played either. Also Fisher would have jumped that dude for catching the kickoff just before it went out of bounds if he cared about winning. Who has ever seen a player try to tiptoe the sideline on a kickoff catch? Also Stanley hasn't had as many bad kicks in years as he has had the past few weeks.
Old 12-12-2005   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Meaning nothing bad by this let me say "Same to you".
There is that.
Old 12-12-2005   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
The Texans have lost 17 games in their history by 7 points or less. Capers does not put teams away. I honestly believe that we should have had a wild card slot already. Even games we have lost by more than 7 points, I remember something screwed up and cost us the game we could have won.

Maybe if we had a game-breaker type of player on the team we would have won more close games.

Just a thought.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #12
playoff year please
Veteran

Default This is possibly true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Maybe if we had a game-breaker type of player on the team we would have won more close games.

Just a thought.
But, Houston football teams in our roller coaster years have always had coaches that beat the heck out of someone until they get a late lead and then they go 3 and out enough times to lose the game. Capers is one of these coaches and is just too predictable.
Old 12-12-2005   #13
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
But, Houston football teams in our roller coaster years have always had coaches that beat the heck out of someone until they get a late lead and then they go 3 and out enough times to lose the game. Capers is one of these coaches and is just too predictable.

Which is why you need a player, who even when being conservative can extend the lead.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are talking about the U.S. government, right?

Oh wait . . . . . . .

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody is throwing any games since all the players resume (and next contract) is on game film.

What is sad is that a segment of our football fan base has embraced losing like the Bengals fans did year after year rooting for draft slots more than wins. We are now officially a joke across the league, from the team to our own fans who want us to blow.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Nobody is throwing any games since all the players resume (and next contract) is on game film.

What is sad is that a segment of our football fan base has embraced losing like the Bengals fans did year after year rooting for draft slots more than wins. We are now officially a joke across the league, from the team to our own fans who want us to blow.
Oh come on Vinny, I don't want us to blow. I just want us to blow slightly more than the San Francisco 49ers. Does that make me an evil fan or a bad fan? Just because I see that there is nothing good that can come from this season at this point?

The coach is gone and so are his coordinators. That tells me that their systems are probably going to be gone as well. Whoever we bring in is going to want to run their offense and their defense so you can pretty much throw out whatever these guys learned in the past four years under Dom Capers and crew. It's day one all over again.

I'd love for the Texans to win the next three games... just as long as San Francisco wins at least two of their three as well. Oh yeah and Green Bay keeps up their late season winning....and the Jets do the same thing.

See, it's like the "Reverse Playoffs"! I can't get excited about the playoffs because my team is so far away from them that there's no point in even speculating on when they'll get there. I can get excited about the Reverse Playoffs though. We're the front runner there.
Old 12-12-2005   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Absolutely - Breuner stated this unequivocally on a radio interview a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't make sense that there are any players who think it is worth it to tank, get better players, and end up making less money in the future because of poor play or getting replaced outright. I don't think any of them feel so indebted to this franchise to make such a noble sacrifice.
Old 12-12-2005   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not aiming the comment at any one individual Herv but all this rooting for us to be bad makes me ill....I have been a Houston football fan since the back to back 1-13 years of the Oilers and we were a National joke for years (mainly for LOSING and being LOSERS of course - nobody patted us on the head pridefully for getting a great draft slot). It takes much more than draft slots to fix teams this bad. Rooting for us to stay bad each week by losing just strikes me as a lame, losers mentality.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Amen

Quote:
I'm not aiming the comment at any one individual Herv but all this rooting for us to be bad makes me ill....I have been a Houston football fan since the back to back 1-13 years of the Oilers and we were a National joke for years (mainly for LOSING and being LOSERS of course - nobody patted us on the head pridefully for getting a great draft slot). It takes much more than draft slots to fix teams this bad. Rooting for us to stay bad each week by losing just strikes me as a lame, losers mentality.

Preach on, brother!
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #20
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

While I see what you are saying I respectfully diagree. At this point it is best for the future of our franchise to lose. The losing attitude and environment will be gone along with Capers. Once he and his staff are gone a new coach will bring a breath of fresh air and a new attititude to the franchise.

You really think it will make a difference for the players if they finish 3-13 vs. 1-15? It's an AWFUL, HORRIBLE season either way. At least if you get the #1 pick and draft Reggie Bush and a get new coaching staff the city and remaining players will be excited again and have fresh start next season.

And I'll tell you what, Bob McNair better do something to get fans excited about this team again... Bush and a new coach would be a GREAT start...
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read