Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2005   #1
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Nice tackling

Good play from the D-line but still missed tackles in the LB and DB area. Man signing Morlon Greenwood to get stiff armed by a smaller RB (Henry) was yet another highlight and reason why we needed to let Sharper go!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #2
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
Good play from the D-line but still missed tackles in the LB and DB area. Man signing Morlon Greenwood to get stiff armed by a smaller RB (Henry) was yet another highlight and reason why we needed to let Sharper go!
I was wondering if anyone was going to say anything about Greenwood getting the 'stiffy!'

See Morlon, if you wrap their legs up, it's harder for the little 5'9" guys to run and stiff arm you!! See coaches? It's called practice and technique. Actually, it's called Pee-wee fundamentals but who's noticing?
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA
I was wondering if anyone was going to say anything about Greenwood getting the 'stiffy!'

See Morlon, if you wrap their legs up, it's harder for the little 5'9" guys to run and stiff arm you!! See coaches? It's called practice and technique. Actually, it's called Pee-wee fundamentals but who's noticing?
not the scouts:brickwall
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #4
Scott D
Veteran

There's no way the Texans can grow and be a playoff team if they keep getting newbies all the time. It's not the players fault only. It's the coaching staff's problem with their disorganization skills they have.

If you were to watch the game, you would think that the players suck. Maybe not. At least I don't think so. I see it falls to the coaching staff.

Ok. So you are absolutely sure that the Texans need to get rid of Carr, Davis, Jognson, Gaffney and a whole bunch of other people.

Fine. Let's do it. Don't expect to see a championship year any time soon. I just don't promise you this, I guarantee it.

The Texans have the players, for the most part, to do the job. Just get better coaching.

If you plan to keep Capers, downgrade him to defensive coordinator. See how he does there. If not, fire him.
Scott D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if Greewood's embarrassed yet.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #6
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Moron Greenwood..ahem..I mean Morlon Greenwood has to be the worst free agent signee of this year. He has done absolutely nothing! I wasn't too sure about what he was going to bring but speed and quickness often came up when he was first signed. Yesterday he showed that he had the speed and quickness to get stiff armed by Travis Henry. That play put an exclamation point next to his lackluster season with the Texans.
Old 12-12-2005   #7
cadahnic
All Pro

Greenwood is not very fast and even if he is somewhat fast athletically, he is very slow at recognizing plays and getting in there to try to stop a run or defend a pass, and when he does get in there he frequently gets stiff armed or else just missed a tackle. Way to go sending $25 million his way when we could have signed a better LB for that same price and/or drafted Derrick Johnson.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read