Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2005   #1
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA
Default Camp Divided?

I guess I'm not understanding something. The vile towards Reggie Bush to me seems to rival the vile towards the Cowboys...as if Reggie is the enemy and has done something wrong. Another thing that I find hard to understand is WHY we (Those of us who want Bush for OUR team) are WITHOUT QUESTION completely and utterly wrong?

How can drafting Reggie Bush AUTOMATICALLY be the wrong thing if I, SOME others on this board, SOME experts around the NFL, SOME Coaches, SOME Media, SOME fans in general want and think that his skills will help 'our' team?

How can we be AUTOMATICALLY and completely wrong but everyone who does NOT want Bush is AUTOMATICALLY right?

How is that? Does it also mean that if we want Bush that we're Texan haters? Kinda like us who think David needs to step up and get better are AUTOMATICALLY called Carr-haters?

If we want Kubiak/ Jimmy Johnson and the anti-Bush people want, let's say, Pete Carroll/ Al Saunders...does that mean we're wrong in this area too? Because if we're not wrong about one thing then maybe we could be right about Bush. If THAT's the case, then how can we be told BUSH is AUTOMATICALLY wrong for us and our team?

Two things:

1. Those of us who want Bush would most likely be happy with and top flight OL, maybe Hawk, maybe Marcedes, maybe an extra #1, etc...(IMHO)

but

2. If Bush is 'OUR' selection, and by 'OUR' I mean everyone who follows the Texans, could those people enjoy watching Bush or would that same anti-Bush vile be prevalent in their posts?

No tone - No inflection - just an opinion.
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #2
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA
I guess I'm not understanding something. The vile towards Reggie Bush to me seems to rival the vile towards the Cowboys...as if Reggie is the enemy and has done something wrong. Another thing that I find hard to understand is WHY we (Those of us who want Bush for OUR team) are WITHOUT QUESTION completely and utterly wrong?

How can drafting Reggie Bush AUTOMATICALLY be the wrong thing if I, SOME others on this board, SOME experts around the NFL, SOME Coaches, SOME Media, SOME fans in general want and think that his skills will help 'our' team?

How can we be AUTOMATICALLY and completely wrong but everyone who does NOT want Bush is AUTOMATICALLY right?

How is that? Does it also mean that if we want Bush that we're Texan haters? Kinda like us who think David needs to step up and get better are AUTOMATICALLY called Carr-haters?

If we want Kubiak/ Jimmy Johnson and the anti-Bush people want, let's say, Pete Carroll/ Al Saunders...does that mean we're wrong in this area too? Because if we're not wrong about one thing then maybe we could be right about Bush. If THAT's the case, then how can we be told BUSH is AUTOMATICALLY wrong for us and our team?

Two things:

1. Those of us who want Bush would most likely be happy with and top flight OL, maybe Hawk, maybe Marcedes, maybe an extra #1, etc...(IMHO)

2. If Bush is 'OUR' selection, and by 'OUR' I mean everyone who follows the Texans, could those people enjoy watching Bush or would that same anti-Bush vile be prevalent in their posts?

No tone - No inflection - just an opinion.
i hope we dont get bush but the second they call his name ill be his biggest fan. ive also heard some good things about his attitude so it shouldnt be hard for us to like him.

your still wrong though!!!
Old 12-11-2005   #3
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Well, I was hoping I wrong about people being divided so it's good to know that IF, and that's still I gigantic IF, he's the pick that he becomes Public Favorite #1!
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Reggie Bush is seen as the enemy for two reasons.
1) He is seen as being the one to replace a fan favorite like Dominack Davis. (Although I don't see why we couldn't have both on the team)
2) He is playing for the enemy in some eyes, and by enemy I mean USC who is playing against Texas in the Rose Bowl.

If we do get Bush, which I hope we do, I think a lot of the anti-Bush people will convert to pro-Bush people when they see how he produces. I also think that a lot of anti-Bush people might convert when they see how dominating he is against Texas.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #5
CajunTexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA
Well, I was hoping I wrong about people being divided so it's good to know that IF, and that's still I gigantic IF, he's the pick that he becomes Public Favorite #1!
Drama...I think the issue is not the selection of Bush. What I see as the issue, is the attitude of some that seem to want the team to "intentionally" loose in order to draft Bush.

What I want is for the Texans to go out and play their a**** off and hopefully win every game they play. If the outcome of that effort is that we end up 1-15 and draft Bush, great. But, just the same if the outcome of that effort is we end up 4-12 and draft whoever, that is fine also.
CajunTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Id be fine with getting bush and I would root for him every Sunday. I honestly think that he COULD end up being a great back in the NFL.. maybe one of the best.. but I still think he is the WRONG decision for this team. We have DD who is himself a very good back who could possibly be great if he had more help.

We NEED an Oline.. we NEED a passing game.. we dont NEED Reggie Bush.

But like I said.. if we take him.. ill be happy to have him... though I will feel like we completely and utterly betrayed Davis. it would, to me, be the same as drafting a WR to replace Johnson. I think Johnson is awesome..potentially one of the best in the league.. but we have misused him and our lack of pass protection makes him look worse than he is..by far. Drafting a WR to replace him would not solve any of our problems.. it would just be us turning our backs on a great player who we have not properly utilized.. and replacing him with another potentially great player who we still will not be able to properly utilize..cause our line sucks.

It is the exact same way with Davis.. hes playing great..hes a great back.. he has tons of heart and a great work ethic.. but here we are talking about replacing him... and actually its not exactly the same, because with Davis, he HAS performed at a high level.. he HAS shown that he is a talented RB.. but still we look to replace him. It would be a major stab in the back to Davis if we drafted his replacement.. instead of drafting the Olinemen we need to fix our offense and let Davis really shine.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like Reggie Bush, he is a very humble, talented, and spectactular young man. He will be a fantastic pro athelete. That being said, I don't know if he is the answer for our team versus trading down for a bunch of picks. When is the last time we made good choices anyway. But I am certainly not a Bush - hater by any stretch of the imagination. It will be very hard decision, how do you pass on a talent like Bush, and how do you address all the other needs of this team ( Offense and Deffense ).

I guess I don't understand how anyone can be over-critical of a decision that has not happened yet, especially considering the impending coaching changes.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2005   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Id be fine with getting bush and I would root for him every Sunday. I honestly think that he COULD end up being a great back in the NFL.. maybe one of the best.. but I still think he is the WRONG decision for this team. We have DD who is himself a very good back who could possibly be great if he had more help.

But like I said.. if we take him.. ill be happy to have him... though I will feel like we completely and utterly betrayed Davis. it would, to me, be the same as drafting a WR to replace Johnson. I think Johnson is awesome..potentially one of the best in the league.. but we have misused him and our lack of pass protection makes him look worse than he is..by far. Drafting a WR to replace him would not solve any of our problems.. it would just be us turning our backs on a great player who we have not properly utilized.. and replacing him with another potentially great player who we still will not be able to properly utilize..cause our line sucks.

It is the exact same way with Davis.. hes playing great..hes a great back.. he has tons of heart and a great work ethic.. but here we are talking about replacing him... and actually its not exactly the same, because with Davis, he HAS performed at a high level.. he HAS shown that he is a talented RB.. but still we look to replace him. It would be a major stab in the back to Davis if we drafted his replacement.. instead of drafting the Olinemen we need to fix our offense and let Davis really shine.

I can agree with that.. Although I think Davis is solid but not spectacular.. I would like to see an upgrade in OL .. a legit TE and a number 2 WR.. I think davis could be effective in this league.(week in and week out)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid

This is a nice assessment of what is going on, not that I wouldn't welcome a talented guy like Bush.

I also read somewhere that Davis was asked about drafting Bush and is very aware of what the fans are calling for....I just hope he knows there are plenty of us who couldn't love him more.

DD is awesome!
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #10
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I do not have a problem with Bush, I think he will be a good, probably very good NFL player, and I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Texans other than I think he would not fit very well with the way our team is currently put together and I think that what we would possibly be giving up on to draft him (top OLineman and multiple extra draft picks) outweighs the benefits of getting him. If Bush comes here then by all means I will support and root for him but I personally do not see him as being the best option for our team at this point. If he'd come out last year before Davis solidified himself as our main RB and before his contract extension and before seeing so many holes develop in our team then I'd be in the Reggie Bush camp, but as our team currently is I am left believing that it is in our best interest to move in a different direction.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The main thing for the Texans is whatever player or players they pick in the upcoming draft they get on the field AND produce. The Texans are in desperate need of playmakers...players that make the difference between winning and losing. Whether it's offense or defense I don't care. Just get a PLAYMAKER!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

take this for what it is worth.. talking about running styles and not people

If Bush ran like Earl Campbell. with speed and flat out ran over people etc.. I could see us taking him.. reasoning because of how bad Earls line was and how bad Bush's line would be here ...
Old 12-11-2005   #13
samomin
Veteran

Its just a thought but what if Reggie Bush pulls an Eli manning before the draft.
Old 12-11-2005   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

He hasn't even said he is coming out. He may do just what Leinart did last year.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

What has happened Drama is that in the course of arguing back and forth about what to do with the draft pick (should we get it) we have reached a point where the sides have become so polarized that there's just no point in talking about this with anyone who disagrees with you. I mean that whether you're on the draft Reggie Bush side or if you're on the "whatever else it was you wanted to do with the pick" side. It's just pointless to talk about it from here on out.

We still will talk about it of course. That's why there's a board here to post messages. It's just that you're not going to be able to talk about it for long before the conversation degenerates into a bitter disagreement. I've already placed a handful of posters on ignore over this (and my ignore amounted to exactly one poster before the subject of Reggie Bush came up).

I figure I'll resume talking to these people and reading what they have to say within a few minutes of the pick being either used or traded. Until then I just don't care.
Old 12-11-2005   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
What has happened Drama is that in the course of arguing back and forth about what to do with the draft pick (should we get it) we have reached a point where the sides have become so polarized that there's just no point in talking about this with anyone who disagrees with you. I mean that whether you're on the draft Reggie Bush side or if you're on the "whatever else it was you wanted to do with the pick" side. It's just pointless to talk about it from here on out.

We still will talk about it of course. That's why there's a board here to post messages. It's just that you're not going to be able to talk about it for long before the conversation degenerates into a bitter disagreement. I've already placed a handful of posters on ignore over this (and my ignore amounted to exactly one poster before the subject of Reggie Bush came up).

I figure I'll resume talking to these people and reading what they have to say within a few minutes of the pick being either used or traded. Until then I just don't care.
I dont know about you but I first thought the "sean Taylor" threads were wild. Last year was DJ and that took it to a new level.. now ...we have hit the stratusphere with the RB threads
Old 12-11-2005   #17
Honch Delgado
Veteran

He already took out a multimillion $ insurance policy so he most likely is coming out. I would like him in the backfield as well as Davis splitting carries, a nice 1-2 punch. I also wouldn't mind trading down as long as we took good prospects and they don't turn out to be bums.
Honch Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #18
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I dont know about you but I first thought the "sean Taylor" threads were wild. Last year was DJ and that took it to a new level.. now ...we have hit the stratusphere with the RB threads
at this rate of increase.. im figuring we will see bloodshed by 2007.. and the U.N. will have to step in around 2010-2012.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Sean Taylor made me nervous but I recall not really having a solid opinion about him. DJ I was very much opposed to passing up though and felt that the Texans made a sick mistake in doing that. Time will tell. Reggie Bush I also feel strongly about and think if we get the chance we should take him.

Time will tell of course but yeah, this is going to be an ugly time on the board.
Old 12-11-2005   #20
angeltexus
Rookie

Default Why Bush?

Lets for one minute jump into this dream that Bush will automatically score 2-3 touchdowns per game. Heck if we draft a good lineman, tight end and another widereceiver (Andre, Dominick, and Carr to tightends) could score just as much. I think Reggie is just to small and might end up being another bust on the runningbacks list.
angeltexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read