Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2005   #1
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mr McNair

Do something!!! Even if it's wrong. We're dying here...
What is so sad is I have lost my passion for the team.
Even in the dreary Oiler years I would recover from week to week and just know that 'my team' would rebound from the previous loss. I have no such hope for this team. I guess the next step in my evolution in to not care if we win or not.
When all you have to look forward to is the next draft then you have hit rock bottom.

cac:
Old 12-11-2005   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

3 games to go... nothing major is going to happen. Assuming GB takes Detroit this evening, the Texans will relaize they have another buffer game that they can win another and still be first in line of the draft for the Bush lovers vs. the pro-trade down.

Don't lose the passion - still look for the wins and the team to play well, but I think with the way the team is set this year, it's not gonna happen. I want another good win this year, just for the player's sake - to uplift them a bit.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #3
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy
But did you have to point out that this place will go nuts over the 1st pick... It will be a pick or trade war that will test this message board.. I'm betting on a least 10 menbers will go postal.
Only if we don't draft a longhorn player.

Old 12-11-2005   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee
Do something!!! Even if it's wrong. We're dying here... cac:
Aw for christsakes, get a life, will ya? If you really did follow the Oilers, then you went through 1-15 seasons like the rest of us. They're having a bad season.

Even if it's wrong? If that isn't knee-jerk, I don't know what is.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Putting a loser smilie on CAC's post is really unnecessary. He's entitled to his opinion.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Only if we don't draft a longhorn player.

I can just see it.

Ten pages of

WE DIDN'T TAKE MICHAEL HUFF WITH THE FIRST PICK. I HATE THIS TEAM!!!!!

REGGIE BUSH? WHO IS THAT? HE ISN'T A LONGHORN!!!
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #7
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Does the team have something against Longhorns??? They had one, but cut him - Sloan Thomas. I think Tennessee picked him up.
Old 12-11-2005   #8
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do something!!! Even if it's wrong. We're dying here...
What is so sad is I have lost my passion for the team.
Even in the dreary Oiler years I would recover from week to week and just know that 'my team' would rebound from the previous loss. I have no such hope for this team. I guess the next step in my evolution in to not care if we win or not.
When all you have to look forward to is the next draft then you have hit rock bottom.

cac:
I don't think you really are in that deep of a Texans' funk CAC...it is the losing, coupled with the loss of sunshine and you a wee bit bummed. Seek a good sunlamp and look forward to a better season next year.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

My personal 1-12 therapy includes my tv on the back patio which I'm watching the Chiefs/Cowboys now, my wireless laptop in my lap, and most important, my fire pit which is burning about 8 feet to my right with a nice soft fire warming me on this beautiful late fall evening. Oh yeah, and beer.

1-12? ... who cares..this season has been over since the last game against the Titans. Oooh, Eddie Kennison scores to put the Chiefs back in front...all is good.

Fire Casserly please.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #10
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Watching the Cowboys right now. C'mon Cowboys.
Old 12-11-2005   #11
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy
But did you have to point out that this place will go nuts over the 1st pick... It will be a pick or trade war that will test this message board.. I'm betting on a least 10 menbers will go postal.
thats a safe bet. about 4 already have
Old 12-11-2005   #12
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

the ending to the Cheifs/Cowboys game was eerly familiar...
Old 12-11-2005   #13
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

It's nice to see we're not the only team that refs refuse to call offensive holding on the opposing team. Did you see the Cowboys RT completely tackle the Chiefs DE from behind after he'd been beat on the 3rd & goal before the 4th down defensive holding? That's classic Texans officiating right there.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #14
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Aw for christsakes, get a life, will ya? If you really did follow the Oilers, then you went through 1-15 seasons like the rest of us. They're having a bad season.

Even if it's wrong? If that isn't knee-jerk, I don't know what is.
Marcus

I just added the "even if it's wrong" comment for emphasis. I cannot imagine any move right now that could be more wrong than the 'status quo'.

I really don't know how to respond to your "get a life remark", or the loser smiley. Guess I will just consider it antagonistic and not respond to it...

Yes, I really did follow the Oilers. Attended games at Jeppensen and had season tickets at the Astrodome and also at Rice Stadium when they played there.

cac:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read