Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2005   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Take that people rooting for #1 pick!

Ok, so we lost. But Davis had his 2nd stellar game in a row. Ironic that the only player still trying and playing well is the one everyone wants to replace with the #1 pick in the draft.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #2
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Hell yeah take that oh i want Bush. but hell yeah i hope DD Keeps doing this it will only make us get a better draft pick ill settle for a 3rd rounder.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #3
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Ok, so we lost. But Davis had his 2nd stellar game in a row. Ironic that the only player still trying and playing well is the one everyone wants to replace with the #1 pick in the draft.

no one wants to replace Davis!!!

argh :brickwall
stevo3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think for a moment R.Bush could replace DD ...But I do think they would compliment each other very well ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #5
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Can't play Davis and Bush in the same backfield!
Old 12-11-2005   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

yah they just want to draft someone who can take most of his carries.. thus preserving Davis and giving him a cushy job as "that other back" that takes carries when Bush isnt throwing TDs, Catching TDs, rushing for TDs, returning kicks for TDs, kicking fieldgoals, and maintaining the field in his spare time.

I personally want the #1 pick so that we can trade down and get a buttload of picks from someone who wants Bush for a good reason.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #7
horn_omatic
Rookie

reggie bush is too light to be a 25 carry between the tackles back. he only weighs 198, for the people comparing him to LT, he weighs 225.
horn_omatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2005   #8
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
yah they just want to draft someone who can take most of his carries.. thus preserving Davis and giving him a cushy job as "that other back" that takes carries when Bush isnt throwing TDs, Catching TDs, rushing for TDs, returning kicks for TDs, kicking fieldgoals, and maintaining the field in his spare time.

I personally want the #1 pick so that we can trade down and get a buttload of picks from someone who wants Bush for a good reason.
I agree with this. If the texans get the #1 pick, some team is going to be willing to pay a king's ransom in picks and players for it. I truly think that if this happens, the texans will be competing this time next year for a playoff spot.
kevinjagsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjagsfan
I agree with this. If the texans get the #1 pick, some team is going to be willing to pay a king's ransom in picks and players for it. I truly think that if this happens, the texans will be competing this time next year for a playoff spot.
Signed,

Charley (Riverboat Gambler) Casserly
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow hey, you know you're right gtexan02! That's the second really kick butt game of the season for Domanick Davis! I'm impressed!

Oh wait this is week 13 and the season consists of 16 games. Scratch that.
Old 12-11-2005   #11
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Wow hey, you know you're right gtexan02! That's the second really kick butt game of the season for Domanick Davis! I'm impressed!

With the brilliant cast of characters he has around him, ONE great game is amazing.
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I just had a brilliant idea. How about we keep Dominack Davis and draft Reggie Bush and have the best 1-2 running attack in the league. Everyone has been saying that we don't have an identity. Well with that tandem we would be one of the most dangerous running teams in the league and it would force safeties not to stay glued to Andre Johnson, which will allow him to get open and make David Carr's life a lot easier.

But I forgot. We only get 1 draft pick and there is no free agency so we have to draft a lineman, and we only are allowed 1 running back on the team so it is either Davis or Bush.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #13
bigtex77
Veteran

As long as the Texans could work out the financial end of things, I wish we could keep DD and draft Bush. Think about it, Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson in KC, Curtis Martin and Lamont Jordan (before he was traded) in NY, and Marshall Faulk and Steven Jackson in St Louis all co-existed together. Plus I would love to see DD in the backfield and Reggie in the slot on a few plays, I think that could cause some major matchup problems for the defense.
Old 12-11-2005   #14
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I just had a brilliant idea. How about we keep Dominack Davis and draft Reggie Bush and have the best 1-2 running attack in the league. Everyone has been saying that we don't have an identity. Well with that tandem we would be one of the most dangerous running teams in the league and it would force safeties not to stay glued to Andre Johnson, which will allow him to get open and make David Carr's life a lot easier.

But I forgot. We only get 1 draft pick and there is no free agency so we have to draft a lineman, and we only are allowed 1 running back on the team so it is either Davis or Bush.
Well, we've tried Denver's blocking scheme, why not try their RB-by-committee approach as well?

It's not like our record could be much worse.

I will say this...if we get the #1 pick and DON'T trade down, then we da** well better pick Bush!
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #15
bigtex77
Veteran

I can't tell you why, but I have a really strong feeling that the Texans will really regret not drafting Bush if they don't.
Old 12-11-2005   #16
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel

Exactly..

Davis did the same thing last year: He was below average most of the season and then during the last few games he had some nice games to make the Texans think the position was okay.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #17
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3
Well, we've tried Denver's blocking scheme, why not try their RB-by-committee approach as well?

It's not like our record could be much worse.

I will say this...if we get the #1 pick and DON'T trade down, then we da** well better pick Bush!
All we have to do now is add their offensive coordinator.

Kubiak + Bush = New Denver Broncos
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #18
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBullTexan
Can't play Davis and Bush in the same backfield!
Conceivably they could but you don't use a #1 pick and $45 million to get a part-time RB. We have enough problems with some big contracts right now and could be in big cap problems in a couple years, and we don't need to tie up $70 million in two RB. If Gaffney leaves, which I couldn't especially blame him for doing, I wouldn't mind seeing Bush primarily at WR and then as 3rd down RB, but again you don't spend a #1 pick and $45 million to draft a WR, especially one that hasn't played WR before other than on a situational basis.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #19
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Don't want to replace him. Bush is SO versitle. Daivs good change of pace back. Bush is just someone amazing who comes along every so often you have to take him.
Old 12-11-2005   #20
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn_omatic
reggie bush is too light to be a 25 carry between the tackles back. he only weighs 198, for the people comparing him to LT, he weighs 225.

I know but let me guess....Brick will be able to add weight thanks to the NFL's strength program, right?

Will you guys still be hating Bush after he breaks DD's 40 into a 70 yard TD or will you still be saying how much he sucks!?
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read