Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2005   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Our offensive line is pathetic

The Titans have definitely watched a lot of film on our guys. Either that or they just took a step back to games 1-4.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Agree, to bad we and 3 million other folks in this City has known that for 4 years, but our Team Managers have not.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

What is absolutely stunning is that some of you actually believe that quick 2 or 3 step drops mean an improvement in offensive line play.

(But whoever said that football message board posters were the quickest cats in the kennel?)
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #4
Scott D
Veteran

Let's not forget about our defense.

If you want realistics, our defense lost all three games for us. Granted, our offense isn't really that good but I bet to venture our offense is a better than our defense.
Scott D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #5
BattleRedGuy
Rookie

When you play a team twice each season, you have to throw some wrinkles in there. Tennessee made the most of their wrinkles.
BattleRedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #6
Snapple
Veteran

Our offensive line is bad? The Hell you say!

*feigns shock*
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

it's amazing, 2 step drops can make even the Texans' line look less pathetic for a couple weeks. dont worry though, we're one step closer to drafting reggie bush. he can single handedly replace our line. "bush snaps it to bush, great protection from the bush line, bush 7 takes a step drop, sees bush deep, diving one handed grab by bush ... TOUCHDOWN BUSH!". he can probably punt and kick fg's too!

sorry, frustrated.
Old 12-11-2005   #8
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott D
Let's not forget about our defense.

If you want realistics, our defense lost all three games for us. Granted, our offense isn't really that good but I bet to venture our offense is a better than our defense.
umm, how many TD's did the defense give up?

they conceded 6 points
Old 12-11-2005   #9
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark it down. We will not draft Bush.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #10
Scott D
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
umm, how many TD's did the defense give up?

they conceded 6 points
umm, how many games did our defense lose for us? Let me count them. I lost count. 10 I think.

Three for sure.

Game 1. They lost against the Rams.
Game 2. They lost against the Ravens
Game 1. They lost against the Titans. (twice)
Old 12-11-2005   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My favorite line from the movie "Arthur."

Alert the media.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the 610 guys said on the post game show that the last games all the defenses will just put a max rush on David. I thought the offense other than Davis had a very poor game.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #13
zeplin
Veteran

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
What is absolutely stunning is that some of you actually believe that quick 2 or 3 step drops mean an improvement in offensive line play.

(But whoever said that football message board posters were the quickest cats in the kennel?)
I have made this same argument with most of the guys I watch the games with every sunday.
Everyone knows whats wrong and what needs to be done.
Now it is time to "JUST DO IT!"
zeplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #14
Scott D
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeplin
I have made this same argument with most of the guys I watch the games with every sunday.
Everyone knows whats wrong and what needs to be done.
Now it is time to "JUST DO IT!"
How's 'bout giving them a phone call and let them know. Apparently, they just don't get it.
Old 12-11-2005   #15
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
thats true you football message board poster, you!
Old 12-11-2005   #16
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott D
umm, how many games did our defense lose for us? Let me count them. I lost count. 10 I think.

Three for sure.

Game 1. They lost against the Rams.
Game 2. They lost against the Ravens
Game 1. They lost against the Titans. (twice)
I personally blame the late game collapse during the Rams and Ravens games on Fangio, not the players. In both games the players themselves played quite well in my opinion and the playcalling had been decent enough most of the game, both of those it would have also been nice for the offense to maintain drives and finish some off (especially against the Ravens). The defense is not at fault in today's game either, I blame in order 1) special teams, 2) the officials, 3) offense for not being able to score more on the Titans defense and not looking more at Andre with a rookie guarding him, 4) the defense.

That said, our OLine is not very good. We need to draft at least 2 OLinemen this year, and ones that can both pass and run block.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #17
gottago3

What the Texans need are some players who have IQ's greater than their age. I don't think I've ever seen a professional team make so many mental errors in my life. Kinda makes you wonder if they weren't in the line for mashed potatoes when the Lord was handing out brains.
Old 12-11-2005   #18
mean mark8
Veteran

A couple of things in today's Chronicle.

1) Quarterback Kerry Collins has been knocked down an NFL-high 136 times, an average of 11.3 a game. Aaron Brooks (132) is second followed by Eli Manning (129), David Carr (117) and Tom Brady (111).

Why are Eli Manning and Tom Brady playing on winning teams likely going to the playoffs and we are the scum of the league?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/3516625.html

2)Also in today's print copy, we waived Victor Riley. The guy starts virtually every game of the year then we decide he can't even make it on the team?
mean mark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #19
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mean mark8
A couple of things in today's Chronicle.

1) Quarterback Kerry Collins has been knocked down an NFL-high 136 times, an average of 11.3 a game. Aaron Brooks (132) is second followed by Eli Manning (129), David Carr (117) and Tom Brady (111).

Why are Eli Manning and Tom Brady playing on winning teams likely going to the playoffs and we are the scum of the league?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/3516625.html

2)Also in today's print copy, we waived Victor Riley. The guy starts virtually every game of the year then we decide he can't even make it on the team?
are those teams changing their whole playbook to keep thier qb upright? our whole gameplan is focused on not letting carr get hit and he still leads the league in sacks and is in the top 5 in knockdowns.
Old 12-11-2005   #20
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
One of the 610 guys said on the post game show that the last games all the defenses will just put a max rush on David. I thought the offense other than Davis had a very poor game.
Until things change (which won't happen this year), every team is going to blitz the line every third down. Ever precarious situation. Every turn-of-the-game play. Blitz. Blitz. Blitz. The Texans need to protect Carr somehow. Whether that means 2-step drops or pulling him from the game, I don't care. I'm looking at it from the standpoint that I believe McNair wants Carr around next year. Carr is begging for a concussion or something. The Texans need to protect the investment. It's painful to watch that kid put so much out on the field and get knocked around like a pinball.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read