Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-10-2005   #1
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run
Default possible

Seeing as we Texans fans have nothing to look foward to other then the draft and offseason, I figured I would start talking about mock drafts. Dont really have time to make a whole one, so here are my projected 1st rnd picks 1-10:

1. New York Jets (2-14): Reggie Bush RB. Martin seems to have lost a step or two and other then Coles they have no weapons. This is assuming that Pennington and their O-linemen are able to return from injury. (Look for o-lineman in second round)

2. San Fransico (3-13): AJ Hawk OLB. Need to wait for Alex Smith to develop, definetaly need help at WR, but no player worthy of #2 overall, possible trade down or trade up for Reggie Bush. (Look for WR in second round)

3. Green Bay (3-13): D'Angelo Willimas RB. No running game this year and the last two seasons Ahman Green has not produced. Williams is the most NFL ready pure runner. (look for o-line help in second round)

4. Houston (4-12): D'Brickshaw Ferguson LT. Rated as the best o-line prospect, something Houston sorely needs. (look for TE, CB or d-lineman in second round)

5. New Orleans (4-12): Matt Leinart QB. Brooks has not panned out and there has been plenty of talk about the him and the Saints parting ways. (Look for LB in second round)

6. Tennessee (5-11): Mike Hass WR. One of the highest rated WR's in draft, Ttitans desperately need more wepons for McNair. (Look for o-line help in second round)

7. Cleveland (5-11): Mathias Kiwanuka DE. Desperatley need d-line help. (look for o-line help in second round)

8. Oakland (5-11): Drew Olson QB. Collins has failed miserably with the talent around him, Olson is one of the to prated Qb's in the draft.

9. Detroit (5-11): DeMeco Ryans LB. 3 years od commiting to offense, time to look at the D. Harrington gets one more shot with a new coach.

10. Baltimore (5-11): David Joseph OG. O-line has gone south last year and is old. Jamal Lewis gets another shot once he is healthy. (look for LB help)

Well thats all I have so far. I might have gotten the draft positions wrong based on strenght of scheduel, but Reggie Bush is the only player really worth moving up for. Feel free to add on or make suggestions...
Old 12-10-2005   #2
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
Seeing as we Texans fans have nothing to look foward to other then the draft and offseason, I figured I would start talking about mock drafts. Dont really have time to make a whole one, so here are my projected 1st rnd picks 1-10:

1. New York Jets (2-14): Reggie Bush RB. Martin seems to have lost a step or two and other then Coles they have no weapons. This is assuming that Pennington and their O-linemen are able to return from injury. (Look for o-lineman in second round)

2. San Fransico (3-13): AJ Hawk OLB. Need to wait for Alex Smith to develop, definetaly need help at WR, but no player worthy of #2 overall, possible trade down or trade up for Reggie Bush. (Look for WR in second round)

3. Green Bay (3-13): D'Angelo Willimas RB. No running game this year and the last two seasons Ahman Green has not produced. Williams is the most NFL ready pure runner. (look for o-line help in second round)

4. Houston (4-12): D'Brickshaw Ferguson LT. Rated as the best o-line prospect, something Houston sorely needs. (look for TE, CB or d-lineman in second round)

5. New Orleans (4-12): Matt Leinart QB. Brooks has not panned out and there has been plenty of talk about the him and the Saints parting ways. (Look for LB in second round)

6. Tennessee (5-11): Mike Hass WR. One of the highest rated WR's in draft, Ttitans desperately need more wepons for McNair. (Look for o-line help in second round)

7. Cleveland (5-11): Mathias Kiwanuka DE. Desperatley need d-line help. (look for o-line help in second round)

8. Oakland (5-11): Drew Olson QB. Collins has failed miserably with the talent around him, Olson is one of the to prated Qb's in the draft.

9. Detroit (5-11): DeMeco Ryans LB. 3 years od commiting to offense, time to look at the D. Harrington gets one more shot with a new coach.

10. Baltimore (5-11): David Joseph OG. O-line has gone south last year and is old. Jamal Lewis gets another shot once he is healthy. (look for LB help)

Well thats all I have so far. I might have gotten the draft positions wrong based on strenght of scheduel, but Reggie Bush is the only player really worth moving up for. Feel free to add on or make suggestions...
I don't really think the 49ers will draft Hawk and if they are going to they sure won't do it at #2. That is way too high for a LB and they could easily trade down with someone looking for Leinart and get him later. LaVar Arrington went #2 and Brian Urlacher went #9 in the 2000 draft, the last time that anyone picked a LB in the top 10, and Hawk is not as good of a prospect as Arrington by any means. I would think the 49ers would go after either a RB (probably be in a trading war for Bush) or a WR to fill the offense with weapons to help develop Alex Smith. I still don't like us picking Ferguson but we'll have to wait after the combine to see which OL comes out being rated the best. I also don't know if the Titans will pick a WR in the first round, I think there will be a trading war for Leinart (New Orleans, maybe Cleveland, Baltimore, Detroit...), and if not Leinart I think Baltimore and Detroit will both be looking for the next QB in line. I also do not see the Ravens looking to draft a LB, maybe a DL and then the rest of their picks will likely be on offense in my opinion.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
Harrington is done in Detroit. I live in mich. now and its quite funny to go and watch games at the local sports bar. Lion fans are done with him. Even the local sportscasters don't hold back on him. People want him ran out of town.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Moderators move this thread to into the mock draft folder on the draft section. Thanks.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005   #5
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 62902 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

I just cannot see the Texans winning three out of the last four games.

We might beat San Francisco, but it is a road game for us.
Arizona...toss up, its a home game for us, but still probably a loss.
Titans thumped us in our own stadium earlier this year. Titans cruise.
Jacksonville will beat us.

This does not mean that I am pulling against our boys, just my humble opinion of how thing will go.

If we get the #1 pick I will not be disappointed if we draft Bush. I feel he will be the first player off the board. We could trade this pick.

If we get #2 - #4... I expect a trade for multiple picks. Some team will fall in love with Leinart and will trade up for him. I have my doubts about Leinart but time will tell.

I have no idea who is the best O lineman in this years draft, but I am not as down on Pitts at LT as are some on this board. I still have hope for Wand, I think there is something between Wand and Pendry that is hindering Wands progress. Probably the fact that Pendry is not a very good coach.
( IMHO)

Wonder which QB Casserly will draft this year.
Old 12-10-2005   #6
Co E-Z
Rookie

Aint no way Haas or Olson get drafted that high!
Old 12-10-2005   #7
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I will look at this one pick by pick.

1. New York Jets (2-14): Reggie Bush RB.
If the jets end up with the wrst pick, they could pick bush. For this to happen, the Jets must lose out. I am not sure that happens, as I could see the Jets trading down with the 49ers to get leinart and picks.

2. San Fransico (3-13): AJ Hawk OLB.
I like the pick. I like the team. I just don't like the place. This is really too high for Hawk. Hawk can be taken around 10 and a trade down can yield some addditonal draft picks. I could see them drafting Bush and using Frank Gore as a different pace back.

3. Green Bay (3-13): D'Angelo Willimas RB.
Tough spot for GB. I honestly think it is either Oline or RB here. If they go RB, they go williams(or try to trade up for Reggie). I could see them taking D'Brickshaw right here.

4. Houston (4-12): D'Brickshaw Ferguson LT.
If what I said occurs, the Texans have a decision to make. They can trade down for picks, take Winston, or go BPA. BPA might be mario Williams, Mathias Kiwanuka, or AJ Hawk if he was passed over.

5. New Orleans (4-12): Matt Leinart QB.
This one makes a lot of sense. AAron Brooks throwing the ball backwards, nuff said.

6. Tennessee (5-11): Mike Hass WR.
I see where you are going, I just think this is really high for a WR. WR is pretty depleted in this draft, so i supose that could mean he goes this high, I just doubt it.

7. Cleveland (5-11): Mathias Kiwanuka DE.
I like the position. I just wonder who is better Kiwanuka or Mario who could be available

8. Oakland (5-11): Drew Olson QB.
WAY to high for Olsen. WAY to high. I see Olsen as a late second early third rounder. Oakland can use some D. how about Chad Greenway: LB from Iowa?

9. Detroit (5-11): DeMeco Ryans LB.
I was tempoted to say they should draft santonio holmes or mike hass but i will take the high road. D would be a great place to go. Then again, I could see them trading up for Leinart.

10. Baltimore (5-11): David Joseph OG.
Wow. I have not seen anyone project Joseph this high. it does make sense though. However, i can see them drafting a guy that can play just about any position on the line. enter Eric Winston.

Overall: not bad. not bad at all.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read