Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-09-2005   #1
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Default What Would Pete Carrol Do??..

Okay here's something for you to think about it..

if Pete Carrol did take the HC job in Houston.. and we have the 1st pick..

Who would he pick??

Matt Leinart or Reggie Bush??
Old 12-09-2005   #2
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Well if he were to some how get he Job here in houston he would take matt leinart espeically since we are hurting bad at the QB position.

``Quarterbacks are harder to find, you know, historically,'' Carroll said. ``I'm not trying to take anything away from Reggie. But there's been numbers and numbers and numbers of great running backs that have been third-round picks.

``So really it's the supply-and-demand thing. Quarterbacks are so hard to find. When you have one, everything in the world is easier. If you don't, you're dead.''

i agree right now the texans are dead but i rather have bush this next draft and wait for Brady Quinn or Vince Young next year.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/mercur...s/13253600.htm
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #3
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I think Bob McNair likes David Carr and would not let Pete Carroll come in and be HC and GM if he was going to draft someone to "replace" Carr. I'm sure if Carroll came in he'd bring one of his two current stars, but I don't see how Leinart is any kind of improvement whatsoever over Carr and I doubt Bob lets him do that, although I think Bob would let him bring in Reggie Bush even though I personally do not think that would be the best move for the team.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #4
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Carroll did come here and draft Leinhart we would just be watching Leinhart get killed next season instead of Carr...
Old 12-10-2005   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
If Carroll did come here and draft Leinhart we would just be watching Leinhart get killed next season instead of Carr...
I agree totally. Is it too early to start a, "Fire Pete Carroll!" thread?
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005   #6
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

he would draft bush. he remembers Carr from college and will think he can coach him up.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005   #7
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure he'd draft Bush, but I recently read somewhere that Carroll flat out said he wouldn't interview for any other jobs.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read