Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-09-2005   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Aaron Brooks says he'll quit if Saints move again

LINK

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Weather displaced the New Orleans Saints again Thursday, and it's getting on the nerves of quarterback Aaron Brooks.

Freezing temperatures caused the Saints to move a morning walkthrough from a downtown parking lot back to the Alamodome, where the team was forced out earlier this week so the stadium could prepare for the NCAA women's volleyball tournament.

Following the walkthrough - held on the Alamodome's bare concrete floor and staged near a volleyball court - the Saints returned to the high school baseball field where their newest locker rooms are located.

It was just the latest disruption for the Saints, who haven't had a place to call their own since Hurricane Katrina uprooted them from New Orleans in late August.

"Weird," Brooks said after finishing dressing at his locker behind the dugout on the third-base side. He expressed frustration at the number of moves.

"We move one more time and I'm quitting," he said.

No other moves of the practice facility are planned.

The Saints (3-9), already mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, have four weeks remaining on their schedule. New Orleans plays at the Atlanta Falcons on Monday night.

Last edited by texan279; 12-09-2005 at 12:53 AM.
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Aints are planning to move and leave no forwarding address for Brooks. Doubt he's there next year.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #3
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

The Saints will be taking QB with their first pick.

Based on those comments and the comments I heard Aaron Brooks make about his coach, owner and the NFL..... I don't see him lasting very long with that team and wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the next NFL problem child.

PS is it me or does Aaron Brooks look like Martin Lawrence?

Aaron Brooks

Martin Lawrence
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
PS is it me or does Aaron Brooks look like Martin Lawrence?

Funny you say that, because last year I used to go to Hornets games all the time and once I sat courtside and I thought I saw Martin Lawrence but it was just Aaron Brooks. He is a pretty tall guy.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't he have a cousin or somebody that plays in the NFL too?

He does look like Martin Lawrence.

I'll cut the guy a break. He's had a really hard year with the hurricane and all that mess. It must be very hard for all those Saints players. I feel very sorry for them.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Doesn't he have a cousin or somebody that plays in the NFL too?

He does look like Martin Lawrence.

I'll cut the guy a break. He's had a really hard year with the hurricane and all that mess. It must be very hard for all those Saints players. I feel very sorry for them.
I believe Michael Vick is his cousin.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #7
Lobo'08
waterboy

The Saints should have found a home and shouldnt have to put up with this their owner and the nfl should have done something with all the money they have.
Lobo'08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2005   #8
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

well i think this all could have been avoided if the commish would have stepped in and told benson to pick one spot for the remander of the season...he shouldn't have told benson he had to stay close to new orleans...baton rouge isn't a suitable place for them because there isn't a training facility there they can use...he should have let them stay in san antonio for this year and until they can fix the superdome...that way new orleans is able to keep their team...and the saints have a base of operations...something they don't have now...as for brooks he has never been a top tier QB in the league even though he has the talent to be...they need to get rid of him...i see them pursuing cutler the kid from vandy

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read