Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-08-2005   #1
tom1354788
Rookie

Default dream scenario...then i saw that video

Just day dreaming to myself and I came up with this……….

We end up with the #1 pick, with the Jets picking second.
We trade the first pick overall for the second pick overall and get their second rounder this year (I think that’s about fair on the value boards??)
The Jets move up as it’s the only way to guarantee getting Bush.
The with the second pick we trade down again to say the 5th or 6th team say New Orleans who are going to want to move up to get Leinart, we pick up their 1st rounder next year and say a 3rd this year. (Again I think that’s about right on the value boards??)
With our pick we get Ferguson and fill our biggest need at a lower cost than if we picked him 1st overall.

We then have enough picks this year to either move back up into the first round or stay where we are and load up on a Tight end, another lineman and a couple of linebackers.

At this point in my dream the door bell goes and it’s the man from the lottery telling me I won the jackpot. And Keira Knightly and Jessica Simpson want to come in and party with me………. Ahh happy days!!!!

Well that’s what I used to dream then I saw the Reggie Bush highlights video posted in another thread, and now I say blow all that and lets just draft him!!
tom1354788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1354788

We trade the first pick overall for the second pick overall and get their second rounder this year (I think that’s about fair on the value boards??)
The with the second pick we trade down again to say the 5th or 6th team say New Orleans who are going to want to move up to get Leinart, we pick up their 1st rounder next year and say a 3rd this year. (Again I think that’s about right on the value boards??)
With our pick we get Ferguson and fill our biggest need at a lower cost than if we picked him 1st overall.

We then have enough picks this year to either move back up into the first round or stay where we are and load up on a Tight end, another lineman and a couple of linebackers.

At this point in my dream the door bell goes and it’s the man from the lottery telling me I won the jackpot. And Keira Knightly and Jessica Simpson want to come in and party with me………. Ahh happy days!!!!

Well that’s what I used to dream then I saw the Reggie Bush highlights video posted in another thread, and now I say blow all that and lets just draft him!!
you'll be kicking your own asprin if we have the opportunity for your first dream, and we pass on it.

when was the last time you saw a highlight video that made the player look bad? When did you see bush run through a guy, attempting to lower his shoulder?
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #3
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
you'll be kicking your own asprin if we have the opportunity for your first dream, and we pass on it.

when was the last time you saw a highlight video that made the player look bad? When did you see bush run through a guy, attempting to lower his shoulder?
In no way is this any comparison but when did you ever see Barry Sanders run through a guy, attempting to lower his shoulder?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato
In no way is this any comparison but when did you ever see Barry Sanders run through a guy, attempting to lower his shoulder?
Barry Sanders was 10x the man reggie is. Sanders wasnt even challenged by the NFL. Sanders could lower his shoulder if needed, and did. Bush needs to, but won't. I will still reserve final judgement until after the roses.
Old 12-08-2005   #5
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Here is a draft chart for you.
http://www.degnan.org/dolphins/draftvaluechart.htm

In your first scenario: 1st for 2nd plus 2nd rounder:
1st=3000, 2nd= 2600 and 2nd rounder=570
so it is 3000 vs 3170. the team moving up pays the premium, so this is a fair trade.

In your second scenario: number 2 for 5 plus next year's first plus this year's third.
2nd=2600. 5th=1800(6th=1700), 3rd rounder=250(or 245), and next year's first rounder is calculated as a second rounder this year--lets pretend they pick 5 picks higher so 10th...that is between 480 and 500. so your calculations are: between 2425 and 2550. This is not a good deal for the Texans.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
Here is a draft chart for you.
http://www.degnan.org/dolphins/draftvaluechart.htm

In your first scenario: 1st for 2nd plus 2nd rounder:
1st=3000, 2nd= 2600 and 2nd rounder=570
so it is 3000 vs 3170. the team moving up pays the premium, so this is a fair trade.

In your second scenario: number 2 for 5 plus next year's first plus this year's third.
2nd=2600. 5th=1800(6th=1700), 3rd rounder=250(or 245), and next year's first rounder is calculated as a second rounder this year--lets pretend they pick 5 picks higher so 10th...that is between 480 and 500. so your calculations are: between 2425 and 2550. This is not a good deal for the Texans.
it seemed off to me when i looked at it at first, but good to have a chart for validation.
Old 12-08-2005   #7
bigcarlos
Veteran

We should draft Vince
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2005   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcarlos
We should draft Vince
vinny, is it possible to ban comments like this from the board? or mandate that all poster post at least 5 different things before restating the same phrase?
Old 12-08-2005   #9
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

you better not criticize someone saying that we should draft vince, i did and had my rep points plunge.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #10
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
you better not criticize someone saying that we should draft vince, i did and had my rep points plunge.
I did too a couple weeks ago.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #11
tom1354788
Rookie

all im saying is that, if we end up with the first pick and are looking to trade down, i hope we can do it with the second place team, then trade down again. I think doing it this way gets you the most extra picks.
tom1354788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #12
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
all im saying is that, if we end up with the first pick and are looking to trade down, i hope we can do it with the second place team, then trade down again. I think doing it this way gets you the most extra picks.
I posted a thread last night that explores a few options in a similar scenario. Everyone go check it out.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #13
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

What are REP POINTS? Man I need to get more up on what's going on around here.

And why would ask for it to be banned? how hard is it to just IGNORE IT? I mean big c likes vince and he likes every opportunity to plug that he likes vince even though we can tell in his avatar he likes vince.

You want to ban all the bush comments too?

Then the board would be blank for gracious sakes.
Old 12-09-2005   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't worry about it...people just act like this on message boards (mostly extreeeeeme pov's)....just par for the course.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read