Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2005   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jon Hoke and Mike London...

Might be old news but I heard it for the first time this morning on 610am. Heard a snippet that Hoke and London are both either considering or have been offered other jobs at the college level. Hoke, I think, as a defensive coordinator for Texas A and M and London as a defensive coordinator for Virginia, I might have the schools or positions wrong or mixed up, going off of my memory. Hoke for sure I would hate to see leave. Hoke, Marciano, and maybe London are probably the only 3 I would keep for sure out of our coaches now. Thoughts?
Old 12-08-2005   #2
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Might be old news but I heard it for the first time this morning on 610am. Heard a snippet that Hoke and London are both either considering or have been offered other jobs at the college level. Hoke, I think, as a defensive coordinator for Texas A and M and London as a defensive coordinator for Virginia, I might have the schools or positions wrong or mixed up, going off of my memory. Hoke for sure I would hate to see leave. Hoke, Marciano, and maybe London are probably the only 3 I would keep for sure out of our coaches now. Thoughts?
I agree, I hope Hoke becomes our DC and Marciano stays as ST coordinator, and I think London is pretty good too. Oden the assistant DB coach would be ok to leave as the main DB coach with Hoke's promtion. I think I heard that McNair is going to be evaluating each coach individually so we might be able to pick and choose which coaches stay rather than wiping all of them out.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Hoke is Rumored to be a candidate for the DC job at T A&M .... Kippy Brown was offered a job by Tennessee

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/224211

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/3492303.html

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3494996.html

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I think Hoke was officially offered the A&M DC job, but I think he'd rather stay in the NFL as a DC if it is offered to him, and he would not have to move and switch to another team, so hopefully we'll make him an offer. Not sure if he'd take college DC over NFL DB coach, but among our current staff he'd definitely be the most likely candidate for DC, and I'm not sure who is going to be unemployed in the NFL that we can bring in as DC that would be better than Hoke. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default London to UVa almost makes too much sense

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/uvainsider/wb/43831
Old 12-08-2005   #6
cadahnic
All Pro

Man it is gonna be a wild offseason. We have alot of teams switching coaches and a talented draft. Plus to top that off we have some players that can play hitting the FA market. It should be interesting and with some of the teams in cap hell we will have some big names going to new locales. I cannot wait.
KUBIAK< Shottenheimer< HOKE< Marciano. A recipe for success in 06
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

If Hoke comes to A&M.. im SO gonna get him to sign my Texans hat.. maybe see if he can get Dunta Robinson to sign a jersey for me
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-09-2005   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as we don't end up with Martz, Marriuchi, Haslett or any other re-tread. We need an up and comer with some fresh ideas.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.c...ange_well_id=2

Gene Chizik (UT Longhorns) for defensive coordinator. Check out his bio in the above link.

Was at Auburn before this year. You know when a guy like Chizik does what he did at Auburn last year...and then does the same thing the very next year with the Longhorns, you know he's got the goods. That's no fluke. There's no drop-off.

To see UT utterly dismantle TTU when TTU was rolling over all other teams in its path, made me a believer. Chizik's Longhorn defense looks like an NFL squad out there.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #10
SESupergenius

This is the second rumor we've seen recently about some coaches leaving. If you read between the lines, this coaching staff is not going to be here next year so they are looking or being sought for jobs. It's the end of the Capers era.....and Casserly gets to keep his job. Go figure.
Old 12-10-2005   #11
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan
As long as we don't end up with Martz, Marriuchi, Haslett or any other re-tread. We need an up and comer with some fresh ideas.
I feel that Haslett shot his w-- in NO!

Bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read