Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-31-2004   #21
SlimBooter
Rookie

Sassy: It's cool that you bring that up. He's a buddy of mine from Yahoo. I posted his newest cartoon "Breaking News" in the non sport forum on this message board. Bang's cartoons get better and better with each one.
SlimBooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004   #22
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimBooter
.... He's a buddy of mine from Yahoo....
Really? .. They are hilarious! Breaking News.. Ricky.. one of the best ever!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004   #23
SlimBooter
Rookie

We usually get a hint of what the next one will be about. He doesn't tell us too much because it would ruin it but he usually gives us an idea of what he's going to do. The one "Vick takes a ****" is my favorite one to date.
SlimBooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004   #24
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

(that picture reminds me of when I lived there)
the Brownies have all of their other picks signed now, so concentrating on Winslow is all that is left for them to take care of in the next 10 days or so.
Old 08-02-2004   #25
gwallaia

Rep Power: 72749 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone needs to remember, Winslow is more than just a football player .....he's a soldier.
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004   #26
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Maybe he wants to get on with the Texans.
He's hanging around Houston right now .. working out at Rice.
Old 08-03-2004   #27
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

John Clayton of ESPN mentioned that there is a possibility that Winslow doesn't have issue with the amount of the contract itself but with the escalator clauses. Perhaps the Browns set the performance levels to active those escalator clauses way too high for Winslow's and the Poston's tastes. This is pure speculation by John Clayton, but if that is the case I can understand it.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-03-2004   #28
Boris
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 Boris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVP

"I don't see no fruit basket!"
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004   #29
TexansCanes
All Pro

i think the main problem is that his dad is on the negotiations, which i think is a bad idea. his dad thinks that his kid is the best, as most fathers do, and therefore thinks he should be paid like it. is he worth the money, i don't know and niether do you only time will tell, but he has to get on the field first.

the set rookie contracts sounds like a good deal, will never work with the contract rules in place in the nfl. this kids coming in want all the money they can get and i can't blame them because at anytime they can get cut and lose your money.
TexansCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004   #30
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

you know i don't care if his dad is sitting in on the negotiations...kellen is a big boy he can make his own decisions and i'm sure just like every other "potential" superstar he thinks he's the best...bottom line he should realize that he's a rook and god's gift to football...take the offer the browns extended to him...it's more than fair...and go be a ball player...and sign some freakin autographs
Old 08-08-2004   #31
TexansCanes
All Pro

if you're telling me that winslow sr. doesn't have an influence on winsolw jr. i don't buy it. you're right he thinks he is the best but what makes it worse is that everyone around him says the same thing and that what makes his head bigger and want more money.
Old 08-08-2004   #32
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Sr. has said publicly that he wants fair market value for his son. But what is Poston after, other than to break the bank?
Old 08-08-2004   #33
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
Sr. has said publicly that he wants fair market value for his son. But what is Poston after, other than to break the bank?
Anticipating that the bank will be much larger very soon, I would try and break it too.
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004   #34
MarleyFan
Veteran

Charles Woodson and Julian Peterson are also represented by the Poston brothers, and they are also holding out for rediculous cash. Peterson wants Payton Manning money! Since both have the "franchise tag", Peterson might have to play for 8 million this year, and Woodson 6.2 million! Poor guys.
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004   #35
TexansCanes
All Pro

kind of off topic, but my brother told me that woodson was working out in sugar land to keep in shape, maybe someone else heard about this.
Old 08-09-2004   #36
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

This entire situation makes the Lions look even smarter. They trade down one slot and get Roy Williams, the Brown's 2nd rounder, AND they don't have to deal with this negotiation nightmare.

If I were the Browns I would stick with my offer and let Winslow sit out a year if he didn't want it. The Brown's offer appears to be above what should be expected of the #6 slot.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004   #37
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
If I were the Browns I would stick with my offer and let Winslow sit out a year if he didn't want it. The Brown's offer appears to be above what should be expected of the #6 slot.
If he sits out the year and the dont sign him before next years draft he will be re-entered back into the draft and then the Brown lost a first and second round pick for nothing. That could, and probably will, cripple the team for a couple years....

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004   #38
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Looks like the Browns will cave in, and give Winslow what he wants. On SportsCenter they mentioned that the Browns were willing to budge from their "Best Offer". Not really a surprise, because Browns management has always been suspect.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #39
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy
Default Re: Winlsow

According to James Brown, Winslow reached an agreement with the Browns. The article doesnt give terms of deal but I bet K2 got what he wanted...

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2654904

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #40
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default Re: Winlsow

Yeah I'm sure he did, but at least with this 1st round pick the Browns will probably get their money's worth.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read