Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-07-2005   #1
lukejacobs1
Rookie

Default This is a deep draft + Ernie Sims

I have been looking at mock draft's and it strikes me that this is a very deep draft and we would do well to trade the dead wood to aquire as many 2nd and 3rd round pick as possible because of the players that will still be avalible there. The McNeil's, Lawson's and Thomas Howard's are amazing value should they fall to the 2nd or 3rd round. Plus the player I would like to see in a Texans uni is Ernie Sims he doesnt get much air time because he is a junior but he is one of my favourite players and could come out and maybe just maybe could fall to us with the first pick in the second round.
lukejacobs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005   #2
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I've never heard of Sims at all and being that he is a junior how likely is it that he will come out? If he hasn't been getting much pub at all he could likely fall below the 33rd pick, and I don't recall seeing his names high on any mocks so whoever he is, he might need a great combine workout to move up the charts. Anyone have any more info on him?
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005   #3
lukejacobs1
Rookie

Look into it a little, ask around. You will see what I'm talking about. He's 50/50 to come out.
Old 12-07-2005   #4
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Ernie Sims is an OLB from FSU...He's pretty small at 6-0 and 220, but he is fast and is a good tackler...He's also pretty good in coverage...He seems like a LB that would perform well in a cover-2 scheme like Indy uses...

Regarding trading down, I am heavily in favor of it, even if it means losing out on the next great bust, Reggie Bush...
Old 12-07-2005   #5
lukejacobs1
Rookie

He has run a 4.3 40 and hits like a truck.

http://seminoles.collegesports.com/s...s_ernie00.html
Old 12-07-2005   #6
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Ernie Sims is an OLB from FSU...He's pretty small at 6-0 and 220, but he is fast and is a good tackler...He's also pretty good in coverage...He seems like a LB that would perform well in a cover-2 scheme like Indy uses...

Regarding trading down, I am heavily in favor of it, even if it means losing out on the next great bust, Reggie Bush...
We already have one drastically undersized LB that is the size of a safety, so I'd prefer to go another route. I'll look into him a little more though before I pass a final judgement on it.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005   #7
texansalltheway
Rookie

Before we trade our picks for more 2nd and 3rd rounders, lets get a guy that can make good draft choices. Our history of 2nd and 3rd rounders is atroscious from Gaffney (not terrible considering the draft class) and Weary to Hollings, Joppru, Wand, Ragone and essentially Buchanon. But I do like Sims and hope we do get him.
texansalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2005   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
We already have one drastically undersized LB that is the size of a safety, so I'd prefer to go another route. I'll look into him a little more though before I pass a final judgement on it.
I have no problem with converting an undersized college LB to SS--see Michael Boulware.

Greenwood would be the biggest safety in the league if that is who you are talking about and is all of 1 lb under Sharper's weight and 2 lbs under Foreman--strange how a big contract makes you smaller.
Old 12-07-2005   #9
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
I have no problem with converting an undersized college LB to SS--see Michael Boulware.

Greenwood would be the biggest safety in the league if that is who you are talking about and is all of 1 lb under Sharper's weight and 2 lbs under Foreman--strange how a big contract makes you smaller.
I dont always agree with you, but darn it I love your knowledge...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read