Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-07-2005   #1
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Question to Mods

I know several people have done some mocks over the past few weeks and sometimes it is fun to simply go back and look at them. Would it be possible to create a sub forum just for mocks so that they can be all together?
Just a question.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005   #2
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 28871 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes it's possible...we will look into it. Good suggestion.
Old 12-07-2005   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

We have had a mock draft forum every year for our multi-participant mocks...but we can make sure all the mocks go there too when it is up.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005   #4
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
We have had a mock draft forum every year for our multi-participant mocks...but we can make sure all the mocks go there too when it is up.
Can you tell me more about these "multi participant mocks"?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
Can you tell me more about these "multi participant mocks"?
Members sign up to be the GM of any of the 32 teams. And then we start the draft with the real draft order and go through 3 rounds, 24 hour clock, of drafting. We allow trading but only for draft picks from the current year. We had 2 last year.

I had a good one last year. I was the Cardinals and got Cadillac Williams, Justin Tuck and Odell Thurman. If only the Texans could draft like me

Last year's Mock II:
Selection Thread:
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ead.php?t=8238
Recap Thread:
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ead.php?t=7358

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #6
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

wasnt there another one where vinny had the texans?
Old 12-08-2005   #7
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Are these mock drafts supposed to be picking who we realistically think our representative team will pick, who we want our representative team to pick, or just whatever player we happen to like regardless of the team we represent?
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2005   #8
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Are these mock drafts supposed to be picking who we realistically think our representative team will pick, who we want our representative team to pick, or just whatever player we happen to like regardless of the team we represent?
Little bit of them all. I personally tried to take players who would fill holes on the Chargers team.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
wasnt there another one where vinny had the texans?
I had a pretty good draft. Keep in mind that it was in January before the combine and before all the prospects shook out, but I think I did pretty well in the early run.

I traded down and drafted an new Oline anchor and went with front 7 defenders after that.

David Baas, C/OG, Michigan
Chris Canty, DE Virginia
Demarcus Ware LB, Troy State
Luis Castillo, DT, Northwestern

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...5254#post75254

Old 12-08-2005   #10
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

I think I did decently as well.

Barron has been solid in STL.

Cody missed the entire year . Though San Diego DID go on to take an OLB, so I had the right position there.

Nicholson was high at the time. I guess I fired a blank there though, as he's not starting in TB and went alot later than I took him.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I had a pretty good draft. Keep in mind that it was in January before the combine and before all the prospects shook out, but I think I did pretty well in the early run.

I traded down and drafted an new Oline anchor and went with front 7 defenders after that.

Chris Canty, DE Virginia

Well done. How has Baas done this year? The other guys are well on their way to excellent careers.
Old 12-08-2005   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

He has had some injuries that have kept him out of games but I'm sure we will get a good look at him in week 17's Bush Bowl.

Old 12-08-2005   #13
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Chris Canty, DE Virginia

that was it. just wanted to be refreshed on your draft before i started nominating you for the Texans next GM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read