Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-07-2005   #1
|The.Brand0n|
Rookie

Default For The Bush in '06ers like me ... VIDEO

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...J3C2L1IE2XRO4J

Please God, 4 more losses. PLEASE! Fitting Music also ...

Reggie Highlights.

P.S - Check the cutback against OU.. it's like he made 8 yards of forward progress on a CUTBACK. WTF WTF WTF

Last edited by |The.Brand0n|; 12-07-2005 at 09:58 AM.
|The.Brand0n| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005   #2
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Awesome clip, but I dispise that song. If anyone knows how to redo it with a different song please do.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

3:43 of hand selected highlights and he broke 1 tackle the entire time. Phenominal open field runner. Hopefully USC will run him up the middle a little at the Rose Bowl and Texas gets some contact on him so we can better judge how he handles contact.
Old 12-07-2005   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
3:43 of hand selected highlights and he broke 1 tackle the entire time. Phenominal open field runner. Hopefully USC will run him up the middle a little at the Rose Bowl and Texas gets some contact on him so we can better judge how he handles contact.
Very true, maybe it will help put an end to this argument one way or the other.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005   #5
TexanAlmighty
Veteran

Quote:
He only broke 1 tackle because he had so many moves to miss the tackles in the first place. He has some moves thats for sure. TD maker. WOW, What a video!
Old 12-08-2005   #6
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
I would like to see that scenario too.
Old 12-08-2005   #7
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Just watched it, hes amazing. I noticed that they only replayed one play once, other than that, notice how many different amazing plays there were? Does anyone remember the last player to have so much hype as a RB and so many game breaking abilities?
Old 12-08-2005   #8
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

If I were a defensive coordinator. I would go for the fumble. Out of all those clips, only once did he put the ball in his left hand.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #9
SESupergenius

I am going to save judgement until the Texas game, this game should provide us with a lot of looksee into both Bush and V. Young., and also some good linemen.
Old 12-08-2005   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

my opinion from this movie:

Reggie bush posesses tremendous balence and speed. His vision for cutback is outstanding. I also saw one of the best downfield blocking teams ever. On one play, two USC blockers pancaked a seperate UCLA man downfield for him. I also saw many attempted "arm tackles" that failed, which is why they put it into a highlight video. NFL players do "arm tackle" they wrap up and drive through.
On many plays, upon catching the ball in the backfield, he would sprint to the outside and then cut back, beating men who were over persuing: this does not happen in the NFL, as teams are diciplined and athletic enough to get to him. Also, as someone above mentioned, he does not switch hands with the ball and holds it "gingerly."

I would love to see Reggie come across the middle on Dwayne Slay.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i can change the song. Suggestions?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #12
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

If we can lose the next 4 games (Next to impossible I know) then we truly deserve a player of his caliber.
Old 12-08-2005   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
NFL players do(n't) "arm tackle" they wrap up and drive through.
Not all NFL players wrap up and drive through. For exhibit "A" I give you the Houston Texans defense.

.....oh wait, Reggie won't be facing them outside of practice if we draft him.
Old 12-08-2005   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Not all NFL players wrap up and drive through. For exhibit "A" I give you the Houston Texans defense.

.....oh wait, Reggie won't be facing them outside of practice if we draft him.
yes, we posess very few wrap, sure tacklers. This is one of the problems our new DC faces. It is more of a lack of talent in my opinion though. The only other D i can honestly think of that is as bad as ours would be STL.
Old 12-08-2005   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Every game he has is a highlight reel.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #16
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
My problem with this clip is that he was doing all of these wonderful things against college defenses, behind one of the very best lines in the college game. Look back at more than half of these clips, and admire the ferocious blocks his line put on the front defense. Honestly, it looks like he is running against eleven Marcus Colemans out there. He is a great athlete, but do not think it will be that easy in the NFL.

This is the problem with the highlight reel mentality and all of these people on this damned board screaming for Bush. The game isn't a highlight film. This tape conclusively proves that Bush is a great athlete, is fast, has nifty moves, and yet does nothing to conclusively prove that when Joe Average Linebacker in the NFL comes after him, he's not going to get stuck like Chuck. To say nothing of most secondaries or the actual good defenders, because need I remind you, half these teams he was playing won't put a single defensive player in the league.

I don't have a problem with people saying we should draft Bush. He is a great athlete and a hard worker, and I like the guy. I would not be upset if we drafted him. I do have a problem with people screeching about how we should draft Bush because Domanick Davis can't do what he does: namely, dance around for days on end, well guess what, he doesn't have to. He finds a hole and takes it. Davis is constantly getting hit or avoiding the first defender in the backfield, and while he is not a power back in the traditional sense, he is extremely skilled at breaking tackles to pick up additional yardage. Bush is fast as hell, but as has been stated on this board already, how many times is he going to run off tackle in the NFL and not get touched at least once? All that speed won't matter if he can't make it past the line.

The NFL comes with a learning curve, I'm sorry to say. We'll all see soon enough how Mr. Bush adjusts.
well stated, and i agree with you on almost everything you said. I'm actually starting to like most of your post and you are earning my respect. We share many of the same views and you, along with myself, are able to communicate them effictivly.
Old 12-09-2005   #17
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Do you get tired of constantly doubting everything?

So Reggie Bush is on a different level then all of the other college players, yet he is not good enough to play in the NFL. But prospects who weren't nearly as good of athletes like Willis McGahee, Steven Jackson, Ronnie Brown, and Cadillac Williams weren't as dominant or athletic but they were ready to be successful in the NFL? So first it was that he was too small, then it was that he has no endurance, and now he is too athletic.

I am glad that we are all being rational here.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #18
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I don't mean to speak for Jerek, but I don't see anywhere where he stated that Bush won't make it in the NFL. I think he makes it quite clear that those who expect Bush will make those same type of plays like he has against college players in the NFL against much tougher competition are putting the cart before the horse. It's likely whichever NFL team he goes to will have no shortage of holes, and he won't have the benefit of a phenomal OLine nor, in all likelihood, of an ingenious coaching staff like he has at USC. He'll be stuck with a team on the bottom rung of the NFL ladder. As great an athlete as Reggie is I don't think he's capable of blocking for himself, and it would be pretty difficult for him to throw it to himself, or design plays that take advantage of his unique abilities then call those plays on gameday.

Point being that football is moreso a team sport than any other, and Reggie will have to hope alot of things fall in place for him and he'll have to work hard to improve himself if he ever hopes to live up to the expectations many put on him. Keep in mind that the NFL is full of players that have or have had phenomenal talent, but not all of them lived up to their potential. Will Bush live up to his potential? I certainly hope so, but to say it's a lock that Bush will be a human highlight reel or the best RB the NFL has seen in the last 30 years shows ignorance to the realities of the NFL. A sport where your entire career can be ended by one play.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

The draft on the whole is one big projection. everyone has an opinion, this is a board to express that opinion, so be it. football fans are basicly emotional types that have a tendency to over react, great plays by great players tend to bring those emotions out in all of us. who in the hell knows exactly what Reggie Bush will amount to in the NFL, who he will play for or for how long? one thing for sure is he's had a great High School and College Career, he is only a Junior and if USC wins the National Title game against the Longhorns he will have been a key component of three National Champions. I would say thats the stuff of legends & I see no reason why things will change for whatever reason your offering, its all opinion and heresay
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005   #20
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

I realized all the down field blocking in all the highlight reels as well. The only way on our team that he will be in highlight reels is returning kicks or getting receptions downfield. We don't have a team that blocks down field for anything at this point and we have said last year that we really need a #2 WR. Sure he could get some carries and some reverses, but instead of having usually one, occasionally 2 people coming after him in one wave, try 3 or 4. He avoids contact with his moves, which are impressive, but with our current line, he will get some solid hits and we havn't seen how well he plays with contact.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read