Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-06-2005   #1
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Call Me Crazy

but I think we should pass on bush. And here is where you all are going to hate me, not only do we pass on bush but we pass on D'brick. We trade down once maybe twice. At the worst we drop from 1 to 16 leaving us a good chance to pick up either eric winston Jonathon scott, Mcneil, O callaghan. Any of these guys are sure first round picks and will help our line. Moving down to say 14 from 1, according to the NFL draft value chart, gives us at the least two ones, a second, a third, and a fourth. with a little help we go

1. WINSTON
2.what the hell
2. do we do with these picks (guard and DE maybe) ( id like to see a WR if one is available that fits the spot.
3. C
3. Dwayne Slay
6. Not quite sure yet.

I do not pretend to be an expert but I think this is not a bad draft for us. (plus we would have an extra first round next year.

let me know what you think
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005   #2
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Assuming that all things stay current we can acquire a first rounder next year by moving down to 6 the problem with that is that you cannot get the second, but perhaps the third. The extra fourth round pick is inconsequential unless Casserly is still here. His group usually does well in the fourth rounds. Also McNeil and O'Callaghan are going to likely slip to the second. Thomas, Scott, and possibly Blaylock might make the first. Thomas and Scott are very likely late first rounders, but they are clearly below D'Brick and my favorite Winston. Just wanted to let you know that later on in the season Morknolle and I will be putting out some draft options. Check out the post Texans Players Contracts in the Bull Pen forum to see players contracts as of right now.

Last edited by Coach C.; 12-06-2005 at 04:15 AM.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005   #3
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont know about contracts I have a good idea of what we are paying people but Im pretty sure our money is tied up in Carr, DD, and DuRob. We cut Glenn and Sharper those guys got paid some money. You say say thomas scott? I assume you mean jonathon scott. I say we trade late into the first if we can get those kinda Olineman that late. Im just sayin if we dont take bush we should get a good lineman. and if Jscott is a late round pick than we should get a slew of picks for him( look at NFl draft value chart)
we could get our tackle and a crapton of picks
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I have posted similar scenero's for the past couple months now, so at least in my eye your not

However at least two things must happen first, one being Reggie Bush has to declare for this years draft & two the Texans have to own the #1 overall pick in the draft (right now I would say the odds are about 50/50).

Its going to take a offer that bowls over the Texans GM if this in fact is the case to trade down, even though we all know about the tackle situation. As you suggested a trade down from number one would be worth a #6 + #8 so that would mean their number one pick this year and next plus at least another 3rd this year.

Very tempting indeed, the Texans could take either route and come out a better team. One thing for sure it would put fans back in their seats if the Texans choose Reggie Bush, I tried to make a similar case last year for DJ, but generally speaking offensive players, especially playmakers garner more of the attention.

Look at it this way. The Texans suck right now. they are going to sign Carr for at least two more years, if they don't address needs and take Bush there is a good chance they'll suck again next year, while this too would suck the silver lining would be Vince Young. Then in Two years the Texans have a new coach & GM with at least three dynamic offensive playmakers (AJ, Vince & Reggie) and I doubt very much we would suck much longer if you get my drift man
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005   #5
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

i hope we dont draft Bush. I have posted it before and i hate to sound redundant but how good is a RB with no O-line. He would be almost worthless. He might put 1 or 2 moves on a guy or break 1 every now and then but come on DD is very capable and so is Carr if we have an O-line to protect them. I think if we trade down like was first posted to ssay to 1st or a mid 1st, 2nd and 3rd next year if not more depending on how far we drop then we might be able to pick up the players we need. We are not going to get a pick high enough if we do draft Bush-- for DD bc if we do draft Bush DD is going to be traded and the pick we get wont be high enough to get a good enough O-lineman for him. I hope our coaching staff doesnt blow another draft for us and goes for O-line protection.
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005   #6
stevo3883
All Pro

you're crazy
stevo3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005   #7
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

sounds like casserly posts on this message board too...............and...............YOUR CRAZY!
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2005   #8
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

no to reggie bush. We need an offensive line. We dont need steve mckinney, victor riley, and todd wade all occupying key positions. We need to draft linemen in rounds 1-3, maybe even 1-5. fix the o-line.....we score more points, we have longer drives, meaning the defense is better rested...its not rocket science. Reggie Bush can go take his stats and go play somewhere else

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read