Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2005   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod
 
Kaiser Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Straight Outta Austin
Age: 44
Posts: 16,055
Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pasquarelli has an Insider take on VY

Regarding his draft status this year. Can someone share the info?
__________________
Smell the glove is here
Kaiser Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005   #2
TexansCanes
All Pro
 
TexansCanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: LSU
Age: 28
Posts: 600
Rep Power: 11 TexansCanes is ridin' the pine
Default

it said that his family is looking for possible agents and that this year's draft isn't out of the question even with what vince has been saying. It also said that they are being careful to make sure that they don't ruin his eligibility for next year. It also talks about how his mother, high school coach, and a close family friend who just became recognized as an nfl agent will help to make a decision. also a weak senior class could also influence him. Interesting to see what happens, i'm sure he would like to stay but the ability to provide some help for his family might be just a little to much to pass up turning pro now.
__________________
"He's a bad dude, I'd like to have him in our arsenal. I'd never run the ball."
TexansCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod
 
Kaiser Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Straight Outta Austin
Age: 44
Posts: 16,055
Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

thanks for the vine
__________________
Smell the glove is here
Kaiser Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005   #4
GP 
Go Texans!
 
GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 17,747
Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

He's accomplished too much this season to risk a senior year injury or bad performance.

I am not a TU fan at all...but I root for this guy because he is old school. He works harder than anyobody else in college. When guys like Leinart are living it up and taking ballroom dancing, Vince is holding his own workouts and practices IN ADDITION to the normal team practices: Oh yeah, and I forgot the part where almost the entire team has voluntarily joined Vince in that effort. After last year's bowl win, Vince got into his teammates faces and told them he wasn't happy with that...he wanted it all, and he declared that he would be working out and practicing just about 24-7-365 until that dream came true. All according to ESPN The Magazine article on VY. A very good read.

He's going to be great because he is DRIVEN and is never satisfied. It's very much the attitude of a guy who was on his way to he** and got saved, and turned his life around and devoted his life to doing one great thing: football QB. A guy like that knows that one slip can reverse the process of being a winner in life, and he didn't even savor last year's bowl win for one second. All he cared about was THIS bowl game. What a man.

Anyway, that's my take.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #5
Texan in Japan
All Pro
 
Texan in Japan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Age: 54
Posts: 522
Rep Power: 7197 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
He's accomplished too much this season to risk a senior year injury or bad performance.

I am not a TU fan at all...but I root for this guy because he is old school. He works harder than anyobody else in college. When guys like Leinart are living it up and taking ballroom dancing, Vince is holding his own workouts and practices IN ADDITION to the normal team practices: Oh yeah, and I forgot the part where almost the entire team has voluntarily joined Vince in that effort. After last year's bowl win, Vince got into his teammates faces and told them he wasn't happy with that...he wanted it all, and he declared that he would be working out and practicing just about 24-7-365 until that dream came true. All according to ESPN The Magazine article on VY. A very good read.

He's going to be great because he is DRIVEN and is never satisfied. It's very much the attitude of a guy who was on his way to he** and got saved, and turned his life around and devoted his life to doing one great thing: football QB. A guy like that knows that one slip can reverse the process of being a winner in life, and he didn't even savor last year's bowl win for one second. All he cared about was THIS bowl game. What a man.

Anyway, that's my take.
Sounds like "...the heart of a champion."
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #6
PapaL
Loose Screw
 
PapaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Maryland
Age: 34
Posts: 11,706
Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
He's accomplished too much this season to risk a senior year injury or bad performance.
Same can be said about Leinert last year after winning N.C and Heisman. Some guys just feel the need to stay. Can't knock either guy for wanting to stay (not that you are).
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005   #7
edo783
Site Contributor
 
edo783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Houston, again.
Posts: 7,706
Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Can't knock them, just don't agree. Lots of young folks think they are bullet proof and love the college adulation and that all will be well. MOST of the time, it's best to strike when the iron is hot. Timing means SOOO much in life and if you let it pass you by, it often never comes back.
__________________


De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2005   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame
 
tulexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 5,080
Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
Same can be said about Leinert last year after winning N.C and Heisman. Some guys just feel the need to stay. Can't knock either guy for wanting to stay (not that you are).

Yeah but Vince Young won't win the Heisman or the National Championship. He will finish second in both so he does have something to come back to. He will be on a better team next year, USC won't a bunch of their starters back including Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart, the Big XII will still be a joke, and he will probably be the front runner for the Heisman.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #9
TexansCanes
All Pro
 
TexansCanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: LSU
Age: 28
Posts: 600
Rep Power: 11 TexansCanes is ridin' the pine
Default

Don't know if anyone else say this yesterday but Bruce Feldman was on espn news and said that a source close to Vince said that he was gone. I thought it was interesting because the way he said it made it sound defenite. Interesting to see waht happens after the rose bowl.
__________________
"He's a bad dude, I'd like to have him in our arsenal. I'd never run the ball."
TexansCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #10
bigcarlos
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: san antonio
Age: 40
Posts: 390
Rep Power: 11 bigcarlos is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCanes
Don't know if anyone else say this yesterday but Bruce Feldman was on espn news and said that a source close to Vince said that he was gone. I thought it was interesting because the way he said it made it sound defenite. Interesting to see waht happens after the rose bowl.
read that article. It was pretty interesting. I hope we did get him
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #11
Jack Bauer
All Pro
 
Jack Bauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 48
Posts: 721
Rep Power: 10 Jack Bauer is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
Same can be said about Leinert last year after winning N.C and Heisman. Some guys just feel the need to stay. Can't knock either guy for wanting to stay (not that you are).
I heard on Dan Patrick's show today that Leinert only came back because his shoulder was shot at the end of the year. He would have performed poorly at any workout for the draft. I think Vince is truly considering going pro. He has come such a long way in one year, but I think he would do better with one more year of college.

That being said, I would love to see another talented player at the top of the draft! It will help the Texans' draft leverage. Vince is the type of player that will cause a GM/coach to go Ditka and trade all of the team's picks for one guy.
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,401
Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr
That being said, I would love to see another talented player at the top of the draft! It will help the Texans' draft leverage. Vince is the type of player that will cause a GM/coach to go Ditka and trade all of the team's picks for one guy.
I fail to see how this would help the Texans "draft leverage" if they have the #1 pick and a clear #1 pick with Reggie Bush
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #13
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame
 
MorKnolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,210
Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
I fail to see how this would help the Texans "draft leverage" if they have the #1 pick and a clear #1 pick with Reggie Bush
Currently Bush and Leinart are just about consensus #1/#2 picks, so we could trade from #1 down to #2 with the 49ers so they ensure that they get Bush, then we can trade down from #2 to #4-8 somewhere for a trade that wants Leinart. At the moment it won't do us much good to trade to #3 because if we're wanting Winston or Ferguson we don't need the #3 to get them, but there isn't another standout player available that another team will trade up to #3 to get, but if Vince entered the draft he could be a third guy like that. Also, if we end up trading from #1 straight down to #3, we are stuck there because whoever moves up to #1 will get Bush and anyone wanting Leinart will deal with the team at #2 so we won't really be able to do anything else, but if someone like Vince Young or Brady Quinn are also thrown in the mix, then other teams would likely be willing to trade up to #3 to get one of them. I don't know how much teams would be willing to give up for Young or Quinn, but they are probably the only players other than Bush and Leinart that any team would be willing make us a nice deal to trade up and snatch them.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,401
Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I don't know how much teams would be willing to give up for Young or Quinn, but they are probably the only players other than Bush and Leinart that any team would be willing make us a nice deal to trade up and snatch them.
Young would stand to make more money if he finishes school, he would be the consensus #1 overall pick in 07 & from all reports Quinn is returning to ND.
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #15
Jack Bauer
All Pro
 
Jack Bauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 48
Posts: 721
Rep Power: 10 Jack Bauer is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
I fail to see how this would help the Texans "draft leverage" if they have the #1 pick and a clear #1 pick with Reggie Bush
IFwe don't get the top pick. Sorry, I didn't mention that in my post. What Morknolle says makes sense as well.
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #16
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame
 
MorKnolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,210
Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
Young would stand to make more money if he finishes school, he would be the consensus #1 overall pick in 07 & from all reports Quinn is returning to ND.
Young would make more money assuming he doesn't get hurt and doesn't fall off next season. As it is this year, he'll likely be the 2nd QB taken and probably a top 3 pick, top 5 almost for sure. I could see some teams taking him over Leinart too depending on how the two work out at the combine and with teams. If I was to place odds on it, I'd say it's about a 70% chance that Young will come out this year, and that dramatically increases if UT wins the championship.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #17
Jack Bauer
All Pro
 
Jack Bauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 48
Posts: 721
Rep Power: 10 Jack Bauer is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Young would make more money assuming he doesn't get hurt and doesn't fall off next season. As it is this year, he'll likely be the 2nd QB taken and probably a top 3 pick, top 5 almost for sure. I could see some teams taking him over Leinart too depending on how the two work out at the combine and with teams. If I was to place odds on it, I'd say it's about a 70% chance that Young will come out this year, and that dramatically increases if UT wins the championship.
Plus he will never make the jack he could have made this year. It is gone forever once he makes the decision to return for his senior year.
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger