Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2005   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Did anyone else notice ...?

Everytime the announcers would start talking about Bush, DDavis would bust a 10-11 yard run? I thought it was pretty funny how it was almost like it was on queue.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
Everytime the announcers would start talking about Bush, DDavis would bust a 10-11 yard run? I thought it was pretty funny how it was almost like it was on queue.
I did as well. Davis played well today.
Old 12-04-2005   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I did as well. Davis played well today.
Probably best game all year - I need to look back before I know for sure. Too bad we can't pass AND run in the same game.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I hope he plays well the rest of the year. Then his trade value will be much higher and we can unload him for better picks.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I hope he plays well the rest of the year. Then his trade value will be much higher and we can unload him for better picks.
Anyone that wants Bush definetly should agree with you.
Old 12-04-2005   #6
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan

im with you i was glad when ever he was braking them (10 20)lol yarders hopefully some Gm's around the league were watching.

Last edited by Napa Auto Parts; 12-04-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

overpowering...desire...to...throttle...posters...

must...resist...urge...

I cant wait for us to trade down and give someone else bush. im just gonna laugh and laugh at you people...and im gonna do it while sporting my kick *** DD jersey.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2005   #8
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Yes - pretty funny coincidence.

I'm sure, though, that Davis has Bush's name ringing in his ears on every carry.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
overpowering...desire...to...throttle...posters...

must...resist...urge...

I cant wait for us to trade down and give someone else bush. im just gonna laugh and laugh at you people...and im gonna do it while sporting my kick *** DD jersey.
Don't let it upset you or anything man. We're all wanting a better Houston Texans team, we just have different ideas how to get there that's all.

I know one thing. Whatever they end up doing one group on this board is going to be raising all kinds of hell next year.

Imagine this ok. We pass on Bush and trade down. With the extra pick we get a TE in the 2nd (for instance, whatever) and next years #1 from the team we traded with. Then we take Brick with our new #1 farther down. Cool but that TE doesn't immediatly look like Jeremy Shockey and Brick, even if he's as great as they say is still a rookie. We all know that it's going to take time for those players at those positions to develop correctly. Maybe we have Pitts still starting at LT and Brick backing him up or over at RT. Anyway if things aren't going well then the first time Bush rips off a 100-150 yard game or hey, even a 40+ yard run the threads are gonna start. Remember how every year you still see a "We should have taken Portis!" post or thread? This is going to dwarf that.

And if we do take Bush he'd better start racking up hundred yard games and TD's from day one or the other half of the board is going to be throwing out every possible player we might have had if we had just traded down. Every sack of Carr is going to be followed with a "Too bad Reggie Bush doesn't play LT and didn't block that guy" post.

Next year might just get really ugly if there isn't some winning to take the edge off of both camps.
Old 12-04-2005   #10
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
im with you i was glad when ever he was braking them (10 20)lol yarders hopefully some Gm's around the league were watching.
yeah, like maybe ours!!! Trading DD could be one of the biggest mistakes the Texans would ever make... Bush is not the answer, Rb is the absolute least of our troubles right now.
Old 12-04-2005   #11
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Too bad we can't pass AND run in the same game.
Awww, c'mon---sure we can! As long as all passes are also to DD. Remember Houston's 2004 offensive scheme?

God, I miss that scheme.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

As I was reading that post Herv.. i was thinking that I was gonna post "People dont whine as much when we are winning games".. but you made that comment at the end of your post.

I personally feel a bit of loyalty towards DD. He has worked his butt off and he is improving every season. he is already good enough to be a starter on MOST NFL teams, and with Wells backing him up I think we have all the talent we need at RB.

Bush is a very promising prospect.. but it is one position that we REALLY dont need anyone else. Even if he becomes another LT (which..btw..is unlikely.. not impossible..but not a sure thing by any stretch).. even if he does.. we really dont NEED an LT on our team.

WOuld it be nice to have LT on our team? yah.. but will it make us win? no.. we need more than a running game.. we already have a running game. We need an Oline.. we need playmakers on defense.. we need a TE.. we may even need a QB.

Anyway.. im rambling and this doesnt really apply to your post Herv . I agree with ya though.. no matter what, we are gonna be hearing about it later.. and the only way to stop the whining is to win games.. so lets hope that whatever way we go, it improves our team.
Old 12-04-2005   #13
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Im still for keeping DD with Wells as his back up. I just have doubts about Bush and his size. I do like his back up Lindelle White who is like 230 in the NFL.

I say trade the first pick (cuz we are going to get it), and get that O-line everyone here has known we have needed except Casserly and Capers. But, I have no reason nor can I point to anything saying Bush wont succeed, just how I feel. He is only 200lbs so I wonder if he could handle the hits and rigors of the NFL.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #14
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
I personally feel a bit of loyalty towards DD. He has worked his butt off and he is improving every season. he is already good enough to be a starter on MOST NFL teams, and with Wells backing him up I think we have all the talent we need at RB.
I agree with a lot of that post, Grid, but I can't go along with the part I put in bold. This team is not deep at RB. Wells has been good but not great, and DD's just not durable enough to be the only real RB on the roster. Morency's shown nothing promising, but that's not entirely on him, of course. Hollings is waiver-wire fodder who'll be lucky to make an NFL roster next year.

I think DD has been the best offensive starter on the Texans this year, and I'm loving his better handling of the football this year. But to say "we're deep at RB" is kind of like those of us (me included) who said the Texans were deep at WR this year--just wasn't true when they had to replace AJ.

Anyway, you're absolutely right that DD's getting better. Healthier? No. But better. And you're also right that having LT didn't make the Chargers an instant winner. The possible Bush pick'll be a tough call--one that I won't be prepared to make until after the Rose Bowl.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #15
Grid
Hall of Fame

Personally I like what Wells has done when he has had to start.

I dont think our duo is the best in the league.. but I think it is more than servicable.. and I still think Morency could be quality depth, if not better...someday.
Old 12-04-2005   #16
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
Im still for keeping DD with Wells as his back up. I just have doubts about Bush and his size. I do like his back up Lindelle White who is like 230 in the NFL.

I say trade the first pick (cuz we are going to get it), and get that O-line everyone here has known we have needed except Casserly and Capers. But, I have no reason nor can I point to anything saying Bush wont succeed, just how I feel. He is only 200lbs so I wonder if he could handle the hits and rigors of the NFL.
Not too sure on who we have to pick but Bush being 200 lbs now doesnt mean he wont be at an ideal weight of 220-225 lbs once he gets into a weight training regimen of the NFL. To say that his 200 lbs is the reason we dont take him is RIDICULOUS...

On the other hand WE HAVE ALL KNOWN FOR THE PAST 3YRS that what we have NEEDED is an OFFENSIVE LINE that can actually protect our QB for more than 1.8 seconds...I'm surprised these quick slants and quick throws to the sidelines havent resulted in more INTS run back the other way for 6...I know i would be jumping that route if I were a DB.

The result of all this probably wont be decided until draft day or even the combines at the earliest...after we see how people score on all of the test and we interview several players will our front office have any GOOD CLUE on who we should draft.

I will agree with most of this board that CHANGES MUST BE MADE...and I will also go as far as agreeing that the changes must come in the coaching staff before we dismantle this team that has not been given a proper chance to win...the lack of attempt to fix the offensive line last year was just ludicrous.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Tiki Barber weighs 200lbs
Old 12-05-2005   #18
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Tiki Barber is 5'10.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re
Tiki Barber is 5'10.
What's your point? So what if Bush is listed at 6' even. You don't really think he's 6 feet tall do you? Even if he is that just means he could add a little weight with no harm done. When he gets to the NFL some strength and conditioning coach is going to have a field day with him.

Look what Ricky Williams got down to and then got back up to in relatively no time at all. Bush being 200 lbs is a non-issue. It's just another straw some hater is grabbing on. There are plenty of reasons to not want to draft Bush before you ever get anywhere near his size.

I accept the argument that the picks you could get in exchange for his rights would be more useful. I'm interested in hearing what people who support that plan would do with a hypothetical package of draft picks. Talking about him only being 200 pounds is just stupid though.
Old 12-05-2005   #20
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

I think from about 2 weeks ago DD was awre he'd better step up with a good performance when he could. Like mentioned above, with yet another loss I'm sure he will have "With the 1st pick in the '06 Draft, the Houston Texans select..." playing loud and clear on every down from here on 'til the last game of the season!

And I agree that not sayin taking Bush 'cos of his current frame of 200lbs is starting to stretch for a reason not to select him. I still don't think we need him but I guess we all have to wait and cross that bridge when we get to it...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read