Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2005   #1
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default O-Line This Week

I saw a lot of posts last week talking about how improved our O-line has become over the past few weeks. Any thoughts about the O-line this week )after loss to Balty)? Still improving? Personally, I think they aren't getting the job done (i.e., pass and rush blocking).
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #2
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

The O-Line started off terrible, but adjusted to the schemes of Baltimore's defense. Carr had time, just not the playcalling to take advantage of it. By no means did they play a good game though. I would give them a C. They were every bit as good as Baltimore's line and any slightly below average line in the NFL.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #3
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

The line looked a little shaky, but they did pretty good run blocking most of the game and some of the sacks they gave up were on blitzes where they had more people rushing than we could block.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #4
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
The line looked a little shaky, but they did pretty good run blocking most of the game and some of the sacks they gave up were on blitzes where they had more people rushing than we could block.
Until we can show that we can handle the blitz effectively, I think we can expect every team for the rest of the year to try to blitz us often.
Old 12-04-2005   #5
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
Until we can show that we can handle the blitz effectively, I think we can expect every team for the rest of the year to try to blitz us often.
Yes, and most teams have done that so far this year, especially on third downs. Every team knows to rush 7-8 guys on third downs where we might pass the ball because we don't design any short passes over the middle so the corners can stay on our receivers who are generally headed towards the sidelines on short routes.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #6
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

We're so obvious, and we so obviously can't take a blitz...
Old 12-04-2005   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 60013 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
I saw a lot of posts last week talking about how improved our O-line has become over the past few weeks. Any thoughts about the O-line this week )after loss to Balty)? Still improving? Personally, I think they aren't getting the job done (i.e., pass and rush blocking).
Our line is 300% better than at the beginning of the year - which brings us to 50% of what it was last year.

Note:
Please excuse this post - too many post game martinis.
Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2005   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Our line is 300% better than at the beginning of the year - which brings us to 50% of what it was last year.

Note:
I dunno.....right now, I think the line is about where it should be at the beginning of the year especially since they've done something about stabalizing LT, yet we're at the 3/4 mark for the entire regular
season. Lets hope we don't have the same coaching staff around next
year so it doesn't take 3 months of the season before the the line gets into
regular season form.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner

Note:
You're on a roll, keep it up as you are entering Yogi Berra territory. Just take it one martini at a time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read